PDA

View Full Version : Looking for leaf vac

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I am searching for a leaf vac to load leaves this fall. I think I would prefer a skid mount or something I could just put on my trailer and load leaves into my truck...

mowin4$
07-15-2008, 11:23 PM
i just bought one used 2 years ago.it is a 11 hp billy goat that hangs on the back of your tailgate.it works really well.since i work alone,i no longer hang it on the tailgate.i extended the tongue of my enclosed trailer by 20" and welded supports and a frame for the vac to sit on since the vac weighs @ 165lbs. now if i need to go dump,i just disconnect my trailer and go dump.easy set up for a one man job. and in the summer i store my debris cans inside the frame.just my 2 cents worth.good luck.

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
07-15-2008, 11:43 PM
That sounds like something I would do.. Now to find a decent vac... Billygoat would be a good brand. Do they have models that mulch them up while loading (to fit in more leaves...) Anyone know of a price range or have one they want to sell? I have a quick 36 VERY low hours maybe a trade...Or I would just like to buy one....

mowin4$
07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
mine does not chop them up like you would think but , it still beats tarping them in to the truck by yourself.after loading a bunch, i pack them down by walking around in the bed. you could also just mulch them up with your mower then suck them up.i bought mine used for $675.seemed like a decent deal.