PDA

View Full Version : what do i do now

4thsLawnCare
07-16-2008, 04:28 AM
i started my business this year and i have been doing okay but stuff is starting to slow up. i dont have many yards i mow during the week just me its 2days worth of work but i do a little landscaping here and there when i can get jobs. i need some tips best ways to get more business and make somemore money. ive thought about a second job but i would much rather have some ideas so i dont have to do that.:confused:

progressivelawncare
07-16-2008, 11:53 AM
what i do when i get slow is take a day and drive around to dr's offices and things like that that have faded mulch. get the price per yard calculated and take a tape or wheel with you measure figure a price and feed it to them all at the same time. the more time they have to think while you write up a fancy estimate the more possiblity of "shopping" they'll do.

i make more profit on this, right now than anything else.

mowerbrad
07-16-2008, 08:13 PM
You could try some advertisement in a newspaper, flyers, signs on your truck/trailer. Also you could offer discounts to your customers if they get you more customers. You have to get your name out there, if your customers can do your advertising for you, you should be better off. Good luck, hopefully things pick up for you.