PDA

View Full Version : Punt resistant turf rotors?

bobw
07-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I have a smallish park-type property that I maintain for one of my commercial accounts. About once a year, some punk comes and punts the turrets off of the heads in the middle of the night (system starts @ 3:00 AM). The customer is getting tired of having to pony up the cash for replacing all the damaged heads every year, so... anyone know of a head that is more resistant to this type of punkass vandalism? Currently, the system we're using RB 6504s. I don't know how much value there is to swapping to stainless shaft..

Wet_Boots
07-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Stainless rotors are plastic with thin metal shells. Heads that could pass the punt test are long gone, and if you could have them back for this kind of job, they'd all get stolen for their brass content.

DanaMac
07-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Sell them on a full Netafim system. Just send me my cut in advance please. Geez, consulting is easy :)

bobw
07-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Sell them on a full Netafim system. Just send me my cut in advance please. Geez, consulting is easy :)

Sounds good... you install it and I'll just add 20% on to your bill and rebill the client. Geez sub-contracting stuff out is easy :)

Flow Control
07-16-2008, 01:42 PM
could always retro a flow clik so it shuts the system down after the first one

WalkGood
07-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I have had some customers NOT want to put their sprinklers on at times when the punks are out kicking them over. So they water when they are home and awake.