PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Question?

MOturkey
07-16-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm still contemplating purchasing a WB to complement my 260Z, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, for various reasons, mostly because I'm waiting to see where this business takes me. Right now, I don't have a single account where I can't fit the Z, but had 3 I was forced to use the 21 on just a month ago (all three properties sold). If I decide to go after more in-town residentials next year, which is probably the most profitable move, then a WB is the way to go, if not, I really don't have much need for one.

Anyway, I have a 6 1/2 X 12 trailer now. I could fit a smaller WB on it, but wouldn't be able to leave it set up like I now have it, with a tool box, air tank, and spare fuel in the front (I use a Jeep Cherokee, so don't have the luxury of using a truck bed for peripherals), and really want to keep everything on the trailer for convenience.

If I decide on the second mower, and purchase a larger trailer, I am wondering whether or not to consider the side gate option? I can see where it would be great not to have to unload one piece of equipment, to get to the other, but was wanting to get advice from some who have done it both ways. I can see some situations where one probably couldn't drop the side gate, plus there is the factor of increased cost, and weight, to consider.

I'd like to hear from some of you who have used a side gate trailer, or even those who elected not to purchase one, and your reasons why. Thanks.

ALC-GregH
07-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I wish I had bought a side gate trailer. I could have gotten one for just a few bucks more but thought, nah, I won't need it. Now I wish I had gotten it.

goldrush
07-16-2008, 12:40 PM
If you go to the property and you just use the WB, then i would get the side gate. If you have to use both on all of them then theres really no reason to get the gate if your Z doesnt fit through the sidegate too. Just added weight and nowadays ever bit counts, my 2 cents.

buttaluv
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
I have a similiar situation as you, but I have a pick up! I can fit my 60" lazer and 48" viking on there fairly easy (6x12) and put everything else in the bed, but If I was to buy a bigger trailer, it would have a side gate, that would make things alot easier! worth the money.