PDA

View Full Version : Mid Summer Slow Down

Flow Control
07-16-2008, 02:38 PM
So I am told that I used to freak out this time of year during our break between start-ups and winterizations. But I am embracing it this year and this is the first time I have actually relaxed and even had a chance to take a break and enjoy the nice weather. Anyone else slowing down now before the fall rush of installs and winterizations?

Installs are full this week and 3/4 full next week... then it drops offfffff

Service started slowing down after July 4th and we are just handling the occasional broken head, leak or valve call. Decided to mail a coupon to our existing customers to drum up any service calls they may have put off for one reason or another hoping that will stir up a weeks or two worth of work.

I don't expect anything to really pick up until the second week of August.

YTD sales are down from last year regarding residential installs as expected. We were really pessimistic this spring and spent $0 on advertising and did not pass any brochures out.

Mike Leary
07-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Installs are full this week and 3/4 full next week... then it drops offfffff.

Good, we're slammed, get on your riding mower & help me find my friggin'
lost valve.

DanaMac
07-16-2008, 05:37 PM
lost valve.

I love multi valve manifolds :) easier to find, and don't get grown over as easy

DanaMac
07-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Slowing down finally, but still busy as heck. We just did an install that I promised from back in March, and really didn't want to do. her system was horrible and it showed when I tried to pull the pipe. Some of it is not as deep as I would like. First install in about 4-5 years.

I don't care how busy it is, I am still leaving early Friday for 10 days to Montana. Need some serious down time.

We're getting the usual calls for dry areas. But it's hot (80s-90s), windy, and not raining - 6" short in the rain fall totals and we only get 12"-14" all year. TURN YOUR CONTROLLERS UP!!!!!! gee whiz.....

Wet_Boots
07-16-2008, 05:47 PM
lost valve.Oh where, oh where, has my little valve gone, oh where, oh where can it be.... :headphones:

Mike Leary
07-16-2008, 06:00 PM
All is well, the ghost of Richard Farnsworth just rode in

AI Inc
07-17-2008, 07:21 AM
It has begun around here too. Vacation season. We will do 32 -35 hrs a week untill the day after school starts , then the madness begins again.

koster_irrigation
07-17-2008, 07:33 AM
We're not slowing down at all. 9 Custom Residentials to install.
Three New Banks, and three hotels lined up to do.

Were in the middle of a huge city park installation right now.

Given out 7 quotes in the last week

JB926
07-17-2008, 08:20 AM
yeah we are experiencing the mid-summer slow down right now. i am actually on vacation as we speak in the OBX. Our service calls have slowed alot but I am now trying to catch up on installs and revamps. I actually have been rather happy about the slow down and am getting a much needed mental vacation. I have about 10 more installs to do and several still pending.
This is my first year on my own so I am still getting used to the clockwork work load cycle. hope everyone is doing good

DanaMac
07-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Even though it is starting to slow for us, I can get it ramped up easy enough. the two landscape companies we do work for have always said they can use us for more work. Installing plumbing taps and backflows, manifolds, and controllers on new systems. Then the laborer guys can keep busting out the systems easier and the foreman can keep up on other duties. we've talked abut other things as well. I want a little slow down for 2-3 weeks, and after vacation and sister leaves here, we can bust it again. I need down time, and catch up on :sleeping: