PDA

View Full Version : NDSPro - online sources

JimmyStew
07-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey guys, I don't frequent the irrigation forum much but I'm hitting a dead end in the landscape forum. I'm looking for an online source for NDS Pro products. According to the rep, the only retailer anywhere close to me is a Home Depot store 45 minutes away, and there selection is lacking to say the least. I was wondering you you folks might have some suggestions.

Wet_Boots
07-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Maybe you want a distributor, and not a retailer.

Keith
07-16-2008, 08:48 PM
What are you looking for in the NDS line? Anything in particular, or just a supplier for the line in general?

JimmyStew
07-16-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm looking for a supplier in general. I picked up a Flo-well a couple of weeks ago for a job we did, but I noticed that they had a very limited supply of other items such as grates. I bought the last pop-up emitter they had in stock and the dust on it was about as thick as the plastic itself. I just thought it would be nice to know where I could get something if I needed it for a particular job.

Keith
07-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Kind of similar here. My irrigation supplier has some of the common NDS stuff, and they were able to get in a Flo-well from another warehouse within a day or two. A lot of the grates and unusual stuff they have to bring in from their other warehouses. And a lot of the stuff looks like I was the first one to touch it in three years.

Another thing, their prices are not that great on some of the common stuff either. Nothing like the discount level on the irrigation supplies. For instance, for some reason Lowes is actually cheaper on the 12" basin and grate and two side outlet adaptors than my supplier is on just the basin and grate. The Spee-d basins are only a few cents more at Lowes, and S&D pipe is cheaper there. That's not always the case, but it does happen. And some Lowes stores have a fair amount of common NDS stuff on hand.