PDA

View Full Version : Ford Commercial truck incentives

Ramairfreak98ss
07-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Whats out there right now?

Im seeing all kinds of incentives like $1,500 instant rebate for upfitting the truck with a body.

Dealer rebates on in stock chassis cab trucks

Manufacturer rebates for buying a left over already produced 2008 model, guessing before 09s are out.

I once, a couple years back, couldnt find a dealer to budge on a F350! Stickers in the 46-47k range were only comming down to 43,900-44,800 areas.

If found a few 2008 F550 crew cab lariat 200" wb trucks, 4x4, elec shift on the fly, all power, heated seats, chrome wheels, loaded to the gills minus a sunroof for $44~ ... Original sticker is $58,xxx which i know they can touch 60k without a body. I really dont want an 08, but the price is appealing. First things will be a tuner and dpf delete, and that will be its only modifications.

The 3 trucks are bright red, ready for a red body im looking for but they list them as having all rebates applying to tally up to that price? What is a loyalty rebate? I own a 91, 03 and 06 ford plus the 04 mustang so does that mean im loyal to Ford or they're talking about loyal to purchasing from THAT dealer?

I "think" the Rugby 12' landscape unibodies are about 8-9k. If i can get a 70k truck setup for 55k out the door with tax and all im getting one.

TXNSLighting
07-16-2008, 11:44 PM
My ford dealer has 10k plus off all super dutys, some have 14k off. all 250-550's!

mag360
07-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Usually an owner loyalty rebate would require owning a ford newer than a certain year (probably late 90's or early 00's)so you should qualify.

Ramairfreak98ss
07-18-2008, 07:39 PM
My ford dealer has 10k plus off all super dutys, some have 14k off. all 250-550's!

Yeah 14k off sure would be nice. I wouldnt have even considered paying close to sticker for a new superduty or f550.. I haggled back and forth with left over 06s late 2006... then i found my 06 with a few thousand miles on it in mint condition for 9k+ less than the next dealer wanted for a new one, one that still wasnt as fancy as this one.

Yeah KLC, i was assuming that too, but you never know, sometimes im sure its gotta be from the same dealer or whatever..

Boycea
07-19-2008, 12:12 AM
why do you need a lariat package with leather seats and a sunroof in a dump truck.....shouldn't the xl or xlt package suffice?

TXNSLighting
07-19-2008, 12:14 PM
he never said he wanted a lariat.

Ramairfreak98ss
07-20-2008, 06:58 PM
why do you need a lariat package with leather seats and a sunroof in a dump truck.....shouldn't the xl or xlt package suffice?

This gets asked every time i mention an F550 and how i hate any Xl stripper trucks. For one, if the money to be spent on such an expensive truck or "equipment" in this nature is to be spent, i want it how i would want it, not a pita pos truck that just carries a lot of weight. No offense to the thousands of company owners who buy XL trucks, but ive been in them, driven them int he past and always hated them for a lot of reasons.

1. Xl trucks 90% of the time have NO power windows, door locks, cruise control, cd player, OR tape for that matter, crappyest speakers, no insulation in the doors, floor or roof, cheapest ass 1970s crap seats, manual 4x4 shifter, manual locking hubs, junk looking painted wheels, cheaper tires, fades year after year front plasic grill, some have the non "aero" head lamps, less interior lights, basic gauges, all plastic interior, nothing power or heated except for heat, some dont have AC either, even though i dont use it hardly ever.

I just hate them, they make you always feel like your working. After a days work or driving to a job or delivering supplies, i want to be in some comfort so i dont feel like im busting my a$$ 100% of the time all day long.

I wanted a lariat for my truck i have now, i actually want at least a pretty loaded XLT crew cab, but theyre just as hard to find as the lariats. Plus this one has the navigation built in already, which is almost a neccessity with the crappy NJ roadways. I've had to buy the Garmin ones for my other trucks and plan to get an 06+ Ford oem navigation unit upgraded in my 06 at some point.

The wheels look nice, or nicer compared to the xl junk, the insides feel like a normal truck and not a striped 15k toyota from 1985. If i could do anything, id get a fully loaded lariat without leather since i have to buy the seat covers anyway, but thats not an option.

I also drive my trucks a lot, i dont just send the guys out in them and dont give two hoots about them. If i already had a couple dump trucks and wanted to pick up a 3rd or 4th, yeah id consider a couple XLs just to help get the job done. Were not a huge company so its not like im saving 5k per truck times 5 trucks and it being a substantial savings for the business since the owner doesnt use them anyway :/

KrayzKajun
07-20-2008, 07:07 PM
I looked at an 08 F250 CrewCab FX4 yesterday, it was loaded to the teeth(sunroof,leather)
Sticker was $46,000. I went at 10pm last night so no saleman would bother me. The GM of the complex was locking up when i was looking at the truck. He came over to me and we chatted. He gave me a business card, he wrothe the VIN number of the truck on the back and wrote, negotiation price $35,000 and signed it. Told me to come see him or call him when i was ready to buy!
HMMMMM Cant wait till labor day!

TXNSLighting
07-20-2008, 11:37 PM
I looked at an 08 F250 CrewCab FX4 yesterday, it was loaded to the teeth(sunroof,leather)
Sticker was $46,000. I went at 10pm last night so no saleman would bother me. The GM of the complex was locking up when i was looking at the truck. He came over to me and we chatted. He gave me a business card, he wrothe the VIN number of the truck on the back and wrote, negotiation price $35,000 and signed it. Told me to come see him or call him when i was ready to buy!

wow, i would definately be sold on that one.

KrayzKajun
07-20-2008, 11:40 PM
wow, i would definately be sold on that one.

yea im thinkin about it. But I love the duramax/allison combo!!

CALandscapes
07-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Krazy,

Which dealership did you go for that 08 for $35k???

I think for that price I might be driving around in a brand new truck!!

Junior M
07-21-2008, 08:19 AM
This gets asked every time i mention an F550 and how i hate any Xl stripper trucks. For one, if the money to be spent on such an expensive truck or "equipment" in this nature is to be spent, i want it how i would want it, not a pita pos truck that just carries a lot of weight. No offense to the thousands of company owners who buy XL trucks, but ive been in them, driven them int he past and always hated them for a lot of reasons.

1. Xl trucks 90% of the time have NO power windows, door locks, cruise control, cd player, OR tape for that matter, crappyest speakers, no insulation in the doors, floor or roof, cheapest ass 1970s crap seats, manual 4x4 shifter, manual locking hubs, junk looking painted wheels, cheaper tires, fades year after year front plasic grill, some have the non "aero" head lamps, less interior lights, basic gauges, all plastic interior, nothing power or heated except for heat, some dont have AC either, even though i dont use it hardly ever.

I just hate them, they make you always feel like your working. After a days work or driving to a job or delivering supplies, i want to be in some comfort so i dont feel like im busting my a$$ 100% of the time all day long.

I wanted a lariat for my truck i have now, i actually want at least a pretty loaded XLT crew cab, but theyre just as hard to find as the lariats. Plus this one has the navigation built in already, which is almost a neccessity with the crappy NJ roadways. I've had to buy the Garmin ones for my other trucks and plan to get an 06+ Ford oem navigation unit upgraded in my 06 at some point.

The wheels look nice, or nicer compared to the xl junk, the insides feel like a normal truck and not a striped 15k toyota from 1985. If i could do anything, id get a fully loaded lariat without leather since i have to buy the seat covers anyway, but thats not an option.

I also drive my trucks a lot, i dont just send the guys out in them and dont give two hoots about them. If i already had a couple dump trucks and wanted to pick up a 3rd or 4th, yeah id consider a couple XLs just to help get the job done. Were not a huge company so its not like im saving 5k per truck times 5 trucks and it being a substantial savings for the business since the owner doesnt use them anyway :/
I work out of a 2007 f350 XL and it sucks!!! like you said the interior is horrible.. the black paint or whatever makes the radio controls (what few it has) is all ready peeling off and it is almost new!! the only good thing about it is the built in brake control and the automatic down shift... o yeah and the powerstroke has alot of POWER!! but man can it suck some fuel...

Ramairfreak98ss
07-22-2008, 11:02 AM

damn, thats not diesel is it? I thought all of the 08s fully loaded crew cabs were 49k+? I know my 06 sticker was almost 47k, and thats from almost 3yrs ago and only an extended cab without 20s"

TXNSLighting
07-22-2008, 12:28 PM
damn, thats not diesel is it? I thought all of the 08s fully loaded crew cabs were 49k+? I know my 06 sticker was almost 47k, and thats from almost 3yrs ago and only an extended cab without 20s"

like ive been preachin. if you wait long enough, the deal will show itself.