PDA

View Full Version : Clean up time!

Construct'O
07-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Spring and early summer work rush is over.So got a little time to work on my therapy farm.:)

Torn off the leanto on the old barn.It was a real lean too.Didn't have time to get before picture of that ,but got some today.

Tree removal and then clean up cement here the next couple days unless it rains.:dancing::usflag:

bobcat_ron
07-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Ain't nothing more therapeutic than demo work with a big ass dozer!

dozerman21
07-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Nice pics of the 6! We need more dozer shots on here.:drinkup:

You didn't flatten that 'ol Dodge truck that I saw in another thread did you? I think I see a side mirror and some mangled steel in that last pic.:weightlifter:

Construct'O
07-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Dozerman that was junk that was in the leanto before it decided to give it up.Here is the old Dodge ready for action tomorrow when i get to loading the ement and tree roots to haul down to another field.:usflag:

KrayzKajun
07-16-2008, 10:23 PM
now tht looks like fun!!

ksss
07-16-2008, 10:24 PM
That looks like a lot more fun than I have had the last two days.

I have been backfill and compacting the tunnel overdig on the house in the pictures I have posted.

I rented a trench compactor from CAT (I know, I know, the great part is they are no charging me as long as I fill out a credit app and start renting from them). OK I'll bite.

That remote control compactor is a kick in arse. Sit in the shade, drink gatorade and drive. I was bored to death by noon yesterday.

Construct'O
07-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Birthday last week ,you know what that means.Another year old.:cry:

Jumped the gun :confused:and posted before got the picture downloaded:usflag:.

ksss
07-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Nice pics of the 6! We need more dozer shots on here.:drinkup:

You didn't flatten that 'ol Dodge truck that I saw in another thread did you? I think I see a side mirror and some mangled steel in that last pic.:weightlifter:

Your right Dozerman, I think you own a Dozer (Power Tan if I am not mistaken), and I am sure you own a camera (if not I am sure Tim will lend you his, for a beer, he is easy that way). Lets see some shots of what you do.

dozerman21
07-17-2008, 05:31 AM
Your right Dozerman, I think you own a Dozer (Power Tan if I am not mistaken), and I am sure you own a camera (if not I am sure Tim will lend you his, for a beer, he is easy that way). Lets see some shots of what you do.

Ask and you shall receive...:) I have some "updated" pics that you might like.

I havn't had the opportunity to knock anything over like Construct'O though in a long time, and the ground around here is pretty flat which = boring grading pics.:cry:

jmf
07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Haven't you got a CTL in your motor pool? I guess that would spoil the fun.

jmf

Gravel Rat
07-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Don't see tree removal done with a dozer much but it looks like you hope it doesn't fall backwards your all set to go :laugh:

Construct'O
07-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Since it was the first time i every did it:confused: i was a little shaky!!!!!!:)

Construct'O
07-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Got the CTL out of the motor pool:) for todays job.I was using a high back utility bucket.Which is nice you keeping things from coming on the back.Not the best for grading,but today it worked good,plus more capacity:dancing:

The big pieces of cement was about to big as far as the length and getting it tipped back in the bucket so it could be loaded.Machine lifted good:weightlifter: and except for coming down the slope a few times with the cement to load in the truck machine was very stable.:usflag:

ksss
07-17-2008, 08:56 PM
I have an 84 IH 2500 dump truck I will sell you. Twice the capacity of the one in the photos. Tell you what I will deliver it to you, if you split the cost of the 99 Mack. $20K maybe a little less. I'll cover the sales tax. Let me know and I'll have er on lowboy by Monday.

Construct'O
07-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Just what i need another dump truck,plus a "Binder" to boot:)

I have had the old Dodge for ever as you can tell she hasn't been used for a while that's how much i'm into dump trucks:dancing:.

Beside notice the chrome lug nut covers on the right front wheel,i couldn't part with those.

Beside i haven't got enough time to promote another truck.Sorry!!!!!!!!!

Good luck tho with whatever you decide on your other deal.Have a good one:drinkup::usflag:

Gravel Rat
07-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Don't break the poor trucks back overloading it :laugh:

You don't see many of those old Dodge D series around. What is the truck powered with a Slant 6 :dizzy:

It is nice to have a site truck :drinkup:

Construct'O
07-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Why have a slant /6 when you could have a V8:) !!!!!!!!!!

You can't Kill those old Dodges.

It has a 2/barrel 318 with 4 on the floor and 2-speed:cool2:.
Can't remember ,but think it use to say 210 H/P on the oil bath air cleaner.

Truck weight 6800 lbs empty,use to haul 9 tons of gravel in it when went to the quarry.Geared where you hardly had to use the 2-speed when you got loaded and a rolling,but no 10 % grades here lucky:):usflag:

Gravel Rat
07-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Those old 318s are good its just you need good batteries to start a Dodge because of the gear reduction starter :laugh:

You can hear a old Dodge start from a mile away from the whine from the starter.

I had a old Dodge Fargo the same vintage it was good if you didn't flood it the truck started. Dad has a old Dodge tandem with a 413 what a cantankerous sucker to get started. It was used as a site truck it had a cement mixer on it.

Construct'O
07-17-2008, 11:03 PM
TOOOOOOOOO Heavy:confused:

Gravel Rat
07-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I imagine those are old 8.25-20 tires if so don't blow one they are hard to find nowwadays or any tire shops that will work on split rims :eek:

J. Peterson Grading
07-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Rat. I guess you aren't from Iowa. Our tire shops don't complain like everyone else. You bring it in, they fix. Easy as that.

Plus around these parts that truck of his is a pretty common grain truck. So if he does break something, chances are he can get it taken care of in a jiffy.

Iowa Pride!!!

J.

bobcat_ron
07-18-2008, 01:58 PM
The tire shops here have a right to turn away tires that are deemed unsafe to work on, there was one real bad accident at a local tire shop I always use involving an old tire and a rookie that left a mark on the celing of the over hang:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uQbKCd3ezrA

Gravel Rat
07-18-2008, 02:21 PM
The two tire shops in my area deal with golf cart tires to ones for mine haul trucks. Split rim truck tires are killers especially the old ones with tires that have been on the rim for 40 years.