PDA

View Full Version : Afraid to tear up the yard

qcontrol23
07-16-2008, 11:08 PM
I used a corer of my clients yard to stage dirt while i moved it from one point to another. Now im close to the bottom of the pile and am afraid of messing up the yard with the bobcat. Should i hand scoop and wheelbarrow it from here on out?? Then rake the area for clean-up afterward?? What is your suggestion?

WALKER LANDSCAPE
07-16-2008, 11:10 PM
How long has it been sitting there?

qcontrol23
07-17-2008, 01:25 AM
2 days...i have more coming later this week, would it make it easier if i put the load on a tarp?

White Gardens
07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
A tarp will definitivly help. Hand rake the area as best as you can. When I get to the bottom I use a leaf blower to move the rest of the dirt away from the blades of grass just to help it get going again. It's dusty, but works.

Take it a step furthur when your done and throw down a little fertilizer and water it in to help it green up faster.

Also, two days isn't bad. I don't like leaving a pile for more than four.

KrayzKajun
07-17-2008, 10:24 AM
A tarp will definitivly help. Hand rake the area as best as you can. When I get to the bottom I use a leaf blower to move the rest of the dirt away from the blades of grass just to help it get going again. It's dusty, but works.

Take it a step furthur when your done and throw down a little fertilizer and water it in to help it green up faster.

Also, two days isn't bad. I don't like leaving a pile for more than four.

very good advice!

Summit L & D
07-18-2008, 10:23 AM
You're going to be hard pressed to not have to do some repair work if you have been using a bobcat to scoop the pile. There is a good chance that you are going to be re-sodding some of it.

If I know that there will be turf damage, I figure the repair work into the original bid.

MarcSmith
07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I have dumped on plywood before to help keep the clean-up easier... and maintain the scoobability...

qcontrol23
07-18-2008, 04:57 PM
By dumping on plywood i wouldnt have to worry about tearing into the lawn as well!!!

qcontrol23
07-18-2008, 04:59 PM
I havent been scooping into the yard just from the upper bottome of the pile up.

Hortus
07-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Try to dump in a different spot and follow the previous posters advice to rejuvenate the original area.