PDA

View Full Version : Lock the doors?

GLS
01-14-2002, 10:01 PM
How many of you lock the doors on your truck? I was at Lowes and parked next to this nice Dodge truck with a Cummins diesel in that that was left running...after I came back out, the owner of the truck was right behind me...I saw him just open the door without unlocking it. I thought to myself, how hard would it have been for someone to steal that truck?

Green Care
01-14-2002, 10:42 PM
Always a must.

Never set your self uuuppppppp

KirbysLawn
01-15-2002, 10:49 AM
He could have had a turbo saver set for a looonnnggg idle. I have mine set at 300 degrees for auto shut down, but I do lock my doors!:eek:

mdb landscaping
01-18-2002, 03:18 PM
this is my first year with a diesel chevy, and i find myself not locking the doors as much in the winter. i always lock them in the summer and stuff, but when im out plowing, or at the donut shop, i tend to just leave it running. its a messed up world and people do steal cars, but i only leave it running if i can see it.

Randy J
01-18-2002, 03:22 PM
I'd be willing to bet he did what I usually do. If I'm only going to be in the store a short time, I'll put the transmission in neutral, and leave it running. I have keyless entry, so as soon as I'm out, I just hit the door lock button. I imagine he just hit the unlock button before he got to the door. If he did leave the doors unlocked, I'd have to say he was kinda dumb!
Randy