PDA

View Full Version : Some news...

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Im going to be a dad!

The Lighting Geek
07-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Congrats dude! Life as you know is about to change! LOL
It is a fun journey so hold to your seat!

klkanders
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Congrats Ryan!
You better get all the sleep you can now!
Been there done that......(18 yrs ago....dang I feel old)
Hope all goes well for you!

Keith

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks guys!! Im at the rather scared stage, but am excited at the same time. Im definately going to sleep as much as possible now! And im scared of change ha!

KrayzKajun
07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Congrats !!!!!

JoeyD
07-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Alright Ryan!! Good luck buddy! I have 2 kids and another on the way. i too was scared when i first go the news and it took sometime before I really accepted what was abotu to happen....but once that baby arrives you wil feel something that only a parent can. It is so awesome, words cant even describe it.

I wish you luck, let me know if there is anything I can help you with!!

Regards,

Joey D.

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks so much Joey! Yeh ive never really been a kid person, so thats the scariest part. I hope everything goes well. I have heard that once you see your kid for the first time, thats when everything falls into place. So nervous...

JoeyD
07-17-2008, 02:08 PM
It is super nerve racking...but things will get better....just support your girl and be ready for some serious mood swings.....Give her lots of love and back rubs and keep the peanut butter and ice cream on tap!

No one ever is ready to be a dad, anyone who says they are are liars....it is somethign you can never really prepare for.....You just do your best to be as prepared as possible and hope and pray for a healthy birth for both the child and mom!! The rest is all easy.......well i take that back...its never easy! But it is FUN!!

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Ha yep were goin to get ice cream today! ha! Yeh im worried about the mood swings cuz she has bad ones with out being pregnant! Im in trouble! ha!

cgaengineer
07-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Congrats...I met my wife when she was pregnant and at the time I was not ready to be a father...I could have ditched her but I fell in love. Its been 14 years since that day and my son is taller then me and a ton smarter. My son plays guitar, he can sing and he wants to be a pilot (He has many things on his plate like me!!).

Enjoy it while they are young...mine is entering high school this year (9th grade)...the same high school in which I graduated from 15 years ago! Times flies once they hit school!!

Mark B
07-17-2008, 02:43 PM
congrats. Better you then me. I would need a IV of morphine if my gf said she had one in the oven.

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 02:47 PM
congrats. Better you then me. I would need a IV of morphine if my gf said she had one in the oven.

ha yeh luckily were married! just had our 2 year anniversary 2 days ago.

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Congrats...I met my wife when she was pregnant and at the time I was not ready to be a father...I could have ditched her but I fell in love. Its been 14 years since that day and my son is taller then me and a ton smarter. My son plays guitar, he can sing and he wants to be a pilot (He has many things on his plate like me!!).

Enjoy it while they are young...mine is entering high school this year (9th grade)...the same high school in which I graduated from 15 years ago! Times flies once they hit school!!

I know it should be a fun ride. and im getting more excited by the minute!

cgaengineer
07-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I know it should be a fun ride. and im getting more excited by the minute!

Soon you wont be able to wait for the oven dinger to go off and that baby to arrive...and then he/she will come out with a cone head and you will be like me...My god...whats wrong with him? Don't worry honey...it will be fine, its called a cone head and its normal!! Ok...if you say so!!

I remember that day as if it were yesterday...I almost lost it in the birthing room!!

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Soon you wont be able to wait for the oven dinger to go off and that baby to arrive...and then he/she will come out with a cone head and you will be like me...My god...whats wrong with him? Don't worry honey...it will be fine, its called a cone head and its normal!! Ok...if you say so!!

I remember that day as if it were yesterday...I almost lost it in the birthing room!!

haha! very nice! yeh well i got some time to wait. so good times!

pihta
07-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Haha! Dad club! :D

All best to your girl and baby Ryan!

PS
i have daughter too :)

JoeyD
07-17-2008, 05:14 PM
No cone heads for mine..My boy was born with a MOHAWK! Can you say Born To Be Wild!?!?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/Enzo296.jpg

irrig8r
07-17-2008, 08:03 PM
I have always gotten a lot of satisfaction from being a dad. All three have turned out well...

Here's pic of the three of them at my youngest son's graduation from high school 4 years ago.

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 09:42 PM
No cone heads for mine..My boy was born with a MOHAWK! Can you say Born To Be Wild!?!?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/Enzo296.jpg

Ha to awesome!

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Haha! Dad club! :D

All best to your girl and baby Ryan!

PS
i have daughter too :)

Thanks so much! We'll need it! Time to really start selling alota lighting jobs!

Lite4
07-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Congratulations. You will love it. I have 3 and could not imagine life without them. It would truly be boring. You'll have a blast.

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 10:20 PM
I know i will! Im getting excited!

lifetree
07-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Congratulations ... however, your life will never be the same !!

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 10:26 PM
No it wont! Thats the scariest thing!

irrig8r
07-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Your life will never be the same... HAH!

That's such an understatement, I just don't know where to begin....

Do find the joy in every moment, because they'll grow up so fast that if you aren't paying attention you'll miss some of the good stuff...

And congratulations BTW.

AmsoilPower
07-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Congrats!!!! Your life will be forever changed for the good. Kids are a treasure and provide almost endless entertainment when they become mobile (crawling & up). Trust me, you will melt when you have the worst possible day at work and walk in the door and your son or daughter come running to you and give you the biggest smile and hug imaginable!!! To them, you are everything. Enjoy your little one.