PDA

View Full Version : Production Rates......?

FlowerGirl82
07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
I used to work for a commercial company and we had a booklet that had production rates in it (I guess you would call them production rates). It had everything that you would ever do on a job to do the job, and how long it took to do each activity. It was listed; plant 1 gal shrub, plant 3 gal shrub, plant 45 gal tree, stake tree with 2 stakes, with 3 stakes, and so on and so on. Out to the side of this list it went on to show the time it takes to do each activity.

Anyway, my point is I do not remember the name of this book, someone told me they thought it was a publication from ANLA, I called them and searched their website, I do not think it was from them, if it was it was a LONG time ago, and they no longer have it on their web page, and the people I spoke with are not familiar with it.

If anyone out there knows which booklet it is that I am looking for I would be very grateful if you would let me know how to get it, or what the name of it is.

Thank you :)

zapmaz
07-20-2008, 12:23 AM
I think I know what your looking for http://www.nilssonbooks.com/ its funny, Ihave the book right in front of me. Its got all the time estimates you can think of. Its called the Labor Time Data Handbook. I know it will help.

zapmaz
07-20-2008, 12:40 AM
One tid bit of advice, I also purchased a couple more manuals- all where a waste of money to hard to understand. The Labor Time Data Handbook is the most popular and easiest to understand, dont buy the others.

Az Gardener
07-20-2008, 02:20 AM
I am surprised! I have been in the biz for 30 yrs now and have never heard of the guy. Not doubting his products or anything its just I do a lot of reading and attend a lot of seminars just really surprised I have not heard of him.

Do any of the books/manuals cover mowing with 25"-27" reel mowers or cleaning desert areas? Does he cover selective pruning of shrubs and groundcover? I would like to see if his material is useful for my area. Thanks in advance for your reply and the link.

Stillwater
08-03-2008, 01:52 AM
I operate on my time and price on my experience not from some guide book.

PatriotLandscape
08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
I operate on my time and price on my experience not from some guide book.

Well you must be the king of estimating. They are a guide and you adjust accordingly.

They are great for work you have never done and if these are the industry standards and you can work faster why not charge the standard and make more?

We use vander kooi's book.

socallawndude
08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Thats pretty cool, and I agree with the post about estimating on the basis of how quick I think I can do it, but I am surprised quite a bit and have worked out of my pocket quite a few times, I'm buying it for sure

JimmyStew
08-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Well you must be the king of estimating. They are a guide and you adjust accordingly.

They are great for work you have never done and if these are the industry standards and you can work faster why not charge the standard and make more?

We use vander kooi's book.

How are the books from Vander Kooi? I ordered a set from Nilsson a few weeks back and while they aren't useless, I wasn't really that impressed.