PDA

View Full Version : Litewerks lighting

Litewerks Expert Lighting
07-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Hello all, want to start off by saying this is an awesome site! My name is Dustin I own a lighting company based in Dayton OH called Litewerks. Been involved in the lighting industry about 10 yrs. On my own for a year now and Im loving it. Any advise on marketing is deeply appreciated! This has been the hardest thing to tackle. I look forward to getting and giving advise (when asked). I specialize in architectual, pool, pathway, moonlighting, tree lighting, paver lighting you name it and i lite it. Again look forward to being involved in your forums. -Dustin Litewerks

Pro-Scapes
07-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Welcome Dustin. If you read back thru the years of pages there is some excellent discussions on different types of marketing ranging from logo'ed trucks and trailers to direct mail and home shows.

You may wish to grow some thick skin around this board. It can be brutal sometimes!

The Lighting Geek
07-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Tommy steps out in kevlar and tactical gear and says: 'It's not that bad, really.'

Welcome Dustin!

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Tommy steps out in kevlar and tactical gear and says: 'It's not that bad, really.'

Welcome Dustin!

HAHAHAHA!!!

TXNSLighting
07-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Welcome, you should enjoy it here. where a fun bunch.

cgaengineer
07-17-2008, 10:06 PM

Welcome Dustin!

That was funny! Welcome aboard Dustin.

Lite4
07-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Dustin, don't worry about the rest of the guys here... As a Canadian you will find that I am full of humour and always right too! LOL

irrig8r
07-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Should I stand in for P.S. and say "he's full of something, but it ain't humour. Or humor either." ?

Or not?

Naw, it would probably get deleted anyway... :laugh:

(Dustin, James knows I'm just having fun.)

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Im thinking..... Not.

Chris J
07-17-2008, 11:37 PM
:waving: Welcome Dustin! Hold on to your hat cause this site has a tendency to take you for a ride sometimes! Just keep in mind that it's hard to translate emotion in these posts. Sometimes you will feel attacked, but it's all good. We are all here to learn from one another, but some of us have NOTHING to teach. :laugh: Good to have you here! :waving:

07-18-2008, 02:01 AM
I dont know how I havent stumbled across this site sooner. Great site, great forums, great advise. I gotta tell you all i've been looking through the threads and seeing some very nice lighting jobs. Its really a breath of fresh air (I see a lot of bad lighting locally). I will be posting some pics in the near future. Thanks for the words of wit. Dustin- Litewerks

steveparrott
07-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi Dustin, welcome.

TPnTX
07-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Humor? Here? where? Oh, PBS humor hahaa...oh. No one ever laughs at any of my jokes.

Welcome, as a guy who is eager to learn I get a lot from these guys.

JoeyD
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Welocme Dustin! If there is anything I can do for you please let me know!!!

klkanders
07-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Welcome Dustin!

Keith

NiteTymeIlluminations
07-21-2008, 09:36 AM
have we met dustin. 10 years in dayton doing outdoor lighting and we havent met. I am out of the business as far as distributions so dont fear me. We have met though havent we?

doug ludmann
former owner of nite tyme illuminations
cinicnnati ohio

07-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Dont know, have heard of nytetyme though. I was with the Nitelites company for a long time. Installation and Design manager. Then I went to a company called MyLawn built their lighting division from the ground up. Then decided Its time to start my own gig. I love it! And its going well. Would like to get into some traveling work though. I will post some pics asap. Good to hear from someone in the area. What are you doing these days?

David Gretzmier
07-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Welcome aboard. Yes this site can be very valuable and entertaining, and sometimes frustrating. show respect for others and you'll get respect, and try to ignore the folks that bait you into the frustrating stuff. glad to have you onboard !

NightScenes
07-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Welcome Dustin, it's always nice to see fresh meat in the pool of sharks. LOL

JoeyD
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
you guys keep referencing how this lighting forum is so rough but I would say that the last few months seem to be pretty good. The only people that really take heat are the homeowners who come in here or the gus who post up there cost figures and what not.

I think this forum has taken a great turn for the better as of late. Everyone is pretty legit, most of us participating are open about who we really are, not many people lurking with fake names(as far as I can tell) with obvious alternative motives.

I am proud to be a sponsor here and watch the professional exchanges of information! It gets boring at times but this isnt about entertainemnt as much as it is about gaining and sharing info about the work we obviously all love to do and be a part of.

NiteTymeIlluminations
07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
yes we met via phone. My Lawn did business with me for 6-7 years. Copper paths and par well lights. I never did anything with Nite Lites though.

Good to hear you are on your own, congrads...I'm no longer in the distribution business, Wolf Creek bought my business and I went to work for a resort chain running the lighting an energy efficiency program. If you ever need anything pm me here. I have lot of contacts locally from LAs to distributors. I am laso doing alot of freelance lighting design work for some old friends in the industry.

Good luck

07-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Ahhh its all clear now! Yeah i remember now, I got some bulbs from you . Awesome, glad things are going well for you, sounds like a good gig you have, and in an even better location to have a gig. :) I will be in touch.