PDA

View Full Version : My New Partner In Crime

dozerman21
07-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Here she is... Case 650K LT Series 3. I bought it a couple of months ago and already have almost 200 hours on it. I traded in my 550H and wanted to go with a hystat. It's much easier on the body, but it's definetly a different feel when finish grading. It's also much heavier but it will push like a SOB. I've had it in some pretty heavy mud and it pulled right through. Hopefully it will handle the bottomless winter midwest muck we get here. I like it more everyday and the enclosed cab is dustproof and the A/C is usually kept on the low setting, even on high humidity 90 degree days like today. I just recently got the rippers put on, and they went through packed down #2's today like butter. I've been very impressed so far. It's not as nimble as my 550H, but it makes up for it in push power.

Dirtman2007
07-17-2008, 10:17 PM
That's one sweet looking dozer!!!!

Mine just arrived yesterday:cool2:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/004-19.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/007-14.jpg

PerfectEarth
07-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Congrats guys!!! AWESOME looking machines.

Dirt Digger2
07-17-2008, 10:22 PM
dozerman its too bad you departed from the open station 550 but i think you made a good choice...i get to spend all day on our 550G tomorrow pushing dirt as fine as powdered sugar, that should be fun with no cab

Boss Exc.
07-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey Dirtman,I see you decided to buy new huh....I saw over at DHS fourms a while ago you were looking at a used dozer.She sure is purdy!

KrayzKajun
07-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Congrats to both!

Construct'O
07-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Dozerman

So you been holding out on else haven't you.Where's KSSS :confused:

I like the looks of your dozer.Is that a Vail ripper?

So as in not as nimble is it because of it's size compared to you other dozer.Bigger meaning not as nice for getting into those tight spots?

Happy dozing there guy:cool2:

I see it has brush sweeps,keep it away from the brush just as long as you can afford.

Notice i said afford it:):drinkup::usflag:

Construct'O
07-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Tha !!!!!!!! See it says Vail on the ripper after i posted.The old dial up is a little SLOW !!!!!!!! when it comes to pictures.

Dozerman and Dirtman you have fun with your new rides.Take care of them and they will take care of you!!!!!!!!!:usflag:

bobcat_ron
07-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I like Dirtman's dozer, bigger cab and wider pads, it will out push that CASE.

dozerman21
07-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Construct'O- Yeah, they're Vail rippers. Much stronger than my last set. They pick up the rear end without a sweat. It's not as agile in tight spots compared to my 550H, just because of the size and enclosed cab that makes for losing a little visibility. It also weighs much more, so when you turn in a small area where it's soft, it wants to disturb a finished area more (only on fine grading this matters). The counter-rotation is sweet though and helps with that.:usflag:

Dirt Digger- The 550's are great little machines, but since I'm in this thing for most of the day, I'm going enclosed cab from here on out. You can't beat the A/C, radio, and clean lungs!:clapping:

Dirtman- Congrats to you as well on your new ride. That should work well with the rest of the equipment that you guys run.

Ron- Nice useless, uneducated post. Don't forget to wipe your fingers after they stop typing.

stuvecorp
07-18-2008, 12:51 AM
Dozerman, nice machine. Good to see some Power Tan.

wanabe
07-18-2008, 12:55 AM
I wish I had that Case dozer! That is one sweet looking machine. Just wondering how much that one set you back?

bobcat_ron
07-18-2008, 03:08 PM
That CASE will spin out when pushing, wide pads equal more traction!
I know what CASE dozers are capable of, but when you get a narrow track dozer, they are useless in sand and soft soils.

Lazer_Z
07-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Chris (Dirtman) & dozerman, Congrats on the new toys, err I mean equipment.

Chris, You need to dirty that thing up WAY more my man, she's too clean, even in your more recent pics on DHS.

BIGBEN2004
07-18-2008, 06:25 PM
What do you charge for a dozer per hour? I love dozers but they are hard to convince builders to pay for them on a job by the hour and to buy one they are super pricey. Just curious what you all are charging by the hour.

bobcat_ron
07-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Our D4 goes for $102 an hour, LGP pads.

Dirt Digger2
07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Dirt Digger- The 550's are great little machines, but since I'm in this thing for most of the day, I'm going enclosed cab from here on out. You can't beat the A/C, radio, and clean lungs!:clapping:

today was rough...i am looking down at my arms and can see all the dirt i got running our 550...the engine fan really stirs up the powder, then you drive through it...i wish my boss would buy a cab dozer but the one we have now still runs very well, doesn't have problems, and is paid off

dozerman21
07-18-2008, 08:50 PM
That CASE will spin out when pushing, wide pads equal more traction!
I know what CASE dozers are capable of, but when you get a narrow track dozer, they are useless in sand and soft soils.

Narrow tracks are useless in sand and soft soils? Damn... I guess I better give money back to all the jobs that I've done over the years in sand/gravel, mud, and anything else with a standard track machine.:rolleyes:

You don't buy an LGP or Wide Track dozer unless a good deal of your work is building ponds, steep slopes where you need stability, or consistently wet conditions. LGP's are more expensive to purchase, more expensive to replace the U/C, burn more fuel, wear faster on hard ground, and often cause you to have Overside Load permit. They are also less nimble due to the widths of the blade and tracks, so it makes no sense to go LGP if you don't need it. Most guys buy the most narrow U/C they can get by with.

I will also say that the blade capacity of an LGP is usually not much more because they aren't as high even though they are wider, and I think a standard track machine pushes better on hard ground.

ksss
07-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Dozerman that is sweet looking dozer. Are liking that new motor? I think it out lugs the 3.9.

Makes me want one even though I don't have a use for one really, but damn they look good.

Dirtman2007
07-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Dirtman- Congrats to you as well on your new ride. That should work well with the rest of the equipment that you guys run.

Thanks! I'm up to 20 hrs on it as of today. I tell you what, I will never own open cab machine now! It's really nice to see all that dust on the windshield instead of on you:clapping:

Chris (Dirtman) & dozerman, Congrats on the new toys, err I mean equipment.

Chris, You need to dirty that thing up WAY more my man, she's too clean, even in your more recent pics on DHS.

Hey I'm take her easy... Not! just using it the last two days and I'm already up to 20 hrs on it! But the good news is it we be a while before it gets in the mud, I like the pond dredging but it's going to suck to drive this thing into a damn deep mud hole!

Someone also mentioned about the square cab V.S. The cab Like dozerman's case. I've been in both style machines and man you sure can see good out of the komatsu I have, not that the visibility is bad in the other styles, but at least you don't have that little windshield up front you can't see jack sh*t out of.

I even made a little video!
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Py52DHUSA&feature=related

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke6KrcYT_Cw&feature=related

coopers
07-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Both machines are great looking and congrats to both gentlemen. I absolutely love new equipment.

dozerman21
07-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Dozerman that is sweet looking dozer. Are liking that new motor? I think it out lugs the 3.9.

Makes me want one even though I don't have a use for one really, but damn they look good.

Thanks for all the compliments.

KSSS- I've been impressed with the engine and I think it will probably be a step above the 4T-390, and I think VERY highly of that engine. We've had several of them and gone through thousand after thousand of trouble free hours, so the replacement has a lot to live up to.:weightlifter:

The tracks just keep turning regardless of what's in the way, but I know the drive pumps that they use on these dozers are huge, and that has a lot to do with the power. It's hard to point to where the credit is due, especially coming from the Power Turn transmission. The machine is also much heavier, so it will push better. Either way, so far so good!:usflag:

Dirt Digger- My last 2 550's (G and H) I had aftermarket cabs put on. They were for the cold mostly and we plumbed in a heater but no A/C. They now offer A/C but didn't when I bought the last one. You don't get quite as much air flow with just the doors open, but that windshield makes a HUGE difference. They are worth their weight in gold though in the winter. No more stopping every 20 minutes to warm your hands on the exhaust pipe, or sit on the ROPS to thaw your toes!:cool2: