PDA

View Full Version : Saw this and had to take a pic!

shade tree landscaping
07-17-2008, 11:01 PM
This is NOT my work, saw it while driving today. When this falls from the first good rain storm, I'll take a few pics of the mess. I only see one "drain" if you can call it that since its all the way on top of the wall. The pics don't truely show how bad the wall is. Nothing even at all, I rounded a corner and saw it rite away.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-17-2008, 11:06 PM
wow!!! thats horrible

JB1
07-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I could show you one where the only thing holding it up is a tree, you see all kinds.

Green Team Landscaping
07-17-2008, 11:14 PM
What are you supposed to do about drainage for those? (Just for future reference)

Mike33
07-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Put a pipe thru the wall at the bottom since it will drain down if proper drain stone was used. Run pref across the bottom then t out at lowest point.
mike

Green Team Landscaping
07-18-2008, 12:18 AM
so you like backfill with rocks(crushed stone), and put pipes through it? also, is it that hard to keep those blocks straight and not have spaces in between some of them?

Oasis-Outdoor
07-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Actually, it looks like the pipe coming out of the top of the wall is just draining the downspout by the front porch (if I am looking at the picture correctly). It is amazing that people do not want to take the time to prepare the base right on a project!

littleo92
07-18-2008, 12:52 AM
I bet you $100 that the home owner did it theirself's since the box stores any dummie can do it, last two did I justr did peolpe where woundering why I had to do this or why I have to do that, Geee I do'nt friggin know maybe so it looks good blocks are tight straight and level and may last more then one year

no no you right Ido not need to have a 4" to 6" base for that patio no no your right why do I need to pack it I like the waves:hammerhead:

It's raining again herer I better break out the pontoon to ride up and down the street.*trucewhiteflag*

O by theway thanks president Bush for breaking off your very improtant over sees meetings to see the poor middle class people float down the river,
putts show up after all the water has gone down, I really wounder did this moraon finish 5th grade!!!:dancing:

Seen today that they where going to look in to why the barrels of crude are falling,

really I do'nt see it hell diesel went up 10 cents here and gas stayed the same after barells have gone down over 12 bucks can some one explain this one to me again!

Harley-D
07-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I think the wall looks great! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Won't be long till it comes down...:waving:

Lazer_Z
07-18-2008, 03:54 PM
shade tree, That piece of PVC pipe coming through the block isn't even for the wall, it's attached to the down spout coming down along side the porch. This kind of crap gives you pros a really, really bad name.

senatorcongressman
07-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Nah see, you guys dont get it, You want the drain at the top, so the water never gets all the way down to the bottom. More effective that way. :rolleyes:

JimmyStew
07-18-2008, 09:47 PM
I bet you $100 that the home owner did it theirself's since the box stores any dummie can do it, last two did I justr did peolpe where woundering why I had to do this or why I have to do that, Geee I do'nt friggin know maybe so it looks good blocks are tight straight and level and may last more then one year

no no you right Ido not need to have a 4" to 6" base for that patio no no your right why do I need to pack it I like the waves:hammerhead:

I bet the guy was from Philadelphia...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=238674

...and learned how to do it from this genius!

JimLewis
07-19-2008, 02:57 AM
Holy Schnikes!!!

That's ugly. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

shade tree landscaping
07-19-2008, 08:13 AM
you guys are rite, the pipe is connected to the downspout, didnt notice that until someone on here pointed it out. The pics really don;t show how bad it is, all the houses on the street have similar walls, all done correct, and then you get to this and it jumps out at you as you drive by