PDA

View Full Version : Glue tote

Lawnworks
07-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Anybody use these things? I do mostly residential installs and love these things. I broke my glue tote 1 and bought a glue tote 2, but the dauber broke and I can't seem to find a replacement... back to the original I guess. It seems I am the only one at my supplier that uses these things. They always have to order them for me. What do yall use?

Dirty Water
07-17-2008, 11:17 PM
I used a tool tote that held glue, primer, channel locks, pipe cutters and a few other random things.

But never a dedicated glue tote.

Mike Leary
07-17-2008, 11:21 PM
But never a dedicated glue tote.

Given all I use is 711 & P-90 primer, the tote would be overkill, even for me.

txgrassguy
07-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Heck, my 20' trailer carries two of the primer/solvent weld totes plus an extra gallon of the primer/solvent everywhere.
Down here in the six months of sustained 100*+ temps volitalization is a problem.
Any plumbing supply house worth anything has the dabbers in stock.
Or check with your irrigation supply house.
Jeez, I carry a half a dozen dabbers too, costs me maybe $.08 each.

frumdig
07-17-2008, 11:35 PM
duct tape glue/primer together with a piece of pipe in the middle... sometimes i get fancy and make a handle or some other randomness out of pipe fittings... put a fitting across the bottom side, so you can get the cans to lean a little, perfect for getting the last drop... still firmly attached with duct tape...
-Evan

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-17-2008, 11:40 PM
duct tape glue/primer together with a piece of pipe in the middle... sometimes i get fancy and make a handle or some other randomness out of pipe fittings... put a fitting across the bottom side, so you can get the cans to lean a little, perfect for getting the last drop... still firmly attached with duct tape...
-Evan

Dad gummit. Learned something.

bobw
07-18-2008, 12:01 AM
I keep a couple of glue totes on the trailer; one for normal (711) and one for wet/dry. Around here we use both pretty regularily and it beats having a helper use the wrong primer with the wrong glue....

Waterit
07-18-2008, 12:27 AM
-Evan

Hmm, never thought of the tilting part, been duct-taping glue/primer cans together for 20 years.

I like those blue-handled "speed daubers" Ewing has, keep a couple of extras on each truck.

Mike Leary
07-18-2008, 12:36 AM
been duct-taping glue/primer cans together for 20 years.

So much to learn on these threads.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: