PDA

View Full Version : How you design a system PART II

EagleLandscape
07-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Head layout for my new house.

Sprays, few rotors, and LOTSA DRIP!!!

Backyard will eventually be all beds, so might do drip for everything back there. Rotors for now until I LS it though.

Wet_Boots
07-18-2008, 12:58 AM
No Rain Gun on the chimney?

EagleLandscape
07-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Only to hit those crazy new yorkers that try and set foot on the property.
:):)

Kiril
07-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Heard of a legend?

EagleLandscape
07-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Sorry Dont Do A Legend For A Plan Im Installing, Dont Need It

Blue = Sprays
Solid Red = Pc Rotor
Outline Red = Full Rotor
Hashed White = Netafim

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Hey John let me talk to you about that drip. My bud Larry called on a drip problem he is having with netafim and we both decided running 12" .9GPH through the beds isn't the way to go. I've converted him to microspray. More control over the different plant watering needs plus you can water the entire root ball of new plants. After establishment the micros can be replaced with individual emitters appropriate for each plant or situation. Run blank netafim and add emitters versus the 12" .9gph stuff. I prefer agrifim loops around bushes versus netafim.

Kiril
07-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey John let me talk to you about that drip. My bud Larry called on a drip problem he is having with netafim and we both decided running 12" .9GPH through the beds isn't the way to go. I've converted him to microspray. More control over the different plant watering needs plus you can water the entire root ball of new plants. After establishment the micros can be replaced with individual emitters appropriate for each plant or situation. Run blank netafim and add emitters versus the 12" .9gph stuff. I prefer agrifim loops around bushes versus netafim.

Couple of things.

1) why are you using 0.9 on 12" spacing in high clay soils?

2) Netafim installed properly, with new plantings planted properly, works just fine. There may be a few plants that will need some closer attention, but the majority will manage until established.

With regard to the legend, that is what I figured, and still am wondering about layout and patterns

EagleLandscape
07-18-2008, 07:04 PM
I excavated 24" of soil where the beds will be today. Probably have to bring in 40-60 yards of bed soil for the front.

I need to do irr and lay sod so I can get the building final on it, so I'm gonna pipe in front yard and hang clock and throw sod down where the beds wont be. Once I get back from the honeymoon, its planting time.

EagleLandscape
07-18-2008, 07:14 PM
sdfsdfewtjkl;;

EagleLandscape
07-27-2008, 07:36 PM
finished design for the front.

Mike Leary
07-27-2008, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=jwingfield2k;242448;[/QUOTE]

Don't see any boot shots. :hammerhead:

EagleLandscape
07-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Don't see any boot shots. :hammerhead:

????????????????????????????

As in pictures of a shoe?

Not piped yet. Getting married on Saturday, gonna see if I have time to trench and pipe in before I leave. I let my guys cover the ditches. I don't think I'll have time.

Mike Leary
07-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Once I get back from the honeymoon

"I'll have a new avatar." Congrats, John.

EagleLandscape
07-27-2008, 08:19 PM
congratulations!!!

Dirty Water
07-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Thats a hell of a house, what did you pay per sqft to build it? Here in WA you would be between 700k and 800k for something like that.

Mike Leary
07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
congratulations!!!

The biddy will dump the De Walt avatar first thing.

EagleLandscape
07-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Thats a hell of a house, what did you pay per sqft to build it? Here in WA you would be between 700k and 800k for something like that.

thats what the house is worth, spent no where near that building it.

im building it myself, and ive beaten down all of my sub contractors (very thing i hate people doing to me)

materials are super cheap now too.

$79sq ft including land & not including landscape and irrigation
$69 sq ft not including land and not including ls and irr.

the system ill be putting in, and the landscape that will be done by the end of the year will amount to $100k

Mike Leary
07-27-2008, 09:13 PM
ive beaten down all of my sub contractors (very thing i hate people doing to me)

I never pimped a sub. :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

EagleLandscape
07-27-2008, 11:01 PM
when you end up saving 10s of thousands of dollars, you get over it.

every contractor in town is hurting for work because the construction market is way down. its a perfect time to build, labor is cheap!

bicmudpuppy
07-27-2008, 11:38 PM
when you end up saving 10s of thousands of dollars, you get over it.

every contractor in town is hurting for work because the construction market is way down. its a perfect time to build, labor is cheap!

Labor I WANT on my site is NEVER cheap. No matter how desperate, and no matter how much you THINK your saving................Pay now or Pay later is a fact.

EagleLandscape
07-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Labor I WANT on my site is NEVER cheap. No matter how desperate, and no matter how much you THINK your saving................Pay now or Pay later is a fact.

wrong again sir!!

dallas building industry is now hurting. doesnt matter if you are crappy sub, or best of the best, you are hurting. the best of the best subs, are now doing work for what the crappy subs were doing work.

I got the top subs for a home building company here called Huntington. Plus I'm doing alot of the work myself.

My city inspector said this is one of the best houses he's ever seen. I could have built it for alot cheaper if I cut corners. it my house, and I'm doing it right. Insulation alone was 13k, HVAC 36k. my annual heating cost is 200 bucks.:weightlifter::weightlifter:

From what I gather you have been on vacation or something. I'm a young pup when it comes to irrigation, but learning more every day on this site. what kind of work do you do?

hoskm01
07-28-2008, 08:48 AM
69 bucks a foot is CHEAP. Scary cheap. Looks good from the outside!

AI Inc
07-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Hit over $140 around here more then 15 yrs ago.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Hit over $140 around here more then 15 yrs ago.

So is Manny going going gone? Guy can still hit.

AI Inc
07-28-2008, 09:16 AM
No, he always talks this time of yr. They will not let him go.

Wet_Boots
07-28-2008, 09:22 AM
If they still held kangaroo court in the clubhouse, ol' Manny would be hanging upside-down in his locker.

AI Inc
07-28-2008, 09:30 AM
A good hitter can get away with a bit more. Kinda like a good looking woman can afford to be a beech

DanaMac
07-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I would hate to see Matt Holiday leave the Rockies, but if they do trade him in the off season, he would be great in Fenway. Anywhere but Yankee Stadium, even though I suspect that is where he will end up.

Manny needs to man-up and just play. Little cry baby, but great player.

Wet_Boots
07-28-2008, 10:24 AM
I would hate to see Matt Holiday leave the Rockies, but if they do trade him in the off season, he would be great in Fenway. Anywhere but Yankee Stadium, even though I suspect that is where he will end up.

Manny needs to man-up and just play. Little cry baby, but great player.Yanks got (stole) Xavier Nady from the Pirates, so they have some extra outfield help for awhile.

DanaMac
07-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Yanks got (stole) Xavier Nady from the Pirates, so they have some extra outfield help for awhile.

Pirates and KC have been a farm system for all others the last 10 years or so. What a joke. And yes they stole Nady.

Lester pitched a gem yesterday against the Yanks. I think the Rays will start fading now and it will be another Sox/Yanks battle for the pennant. Not sure if wild card will come out o the east or central though.

Wet_Boots
07-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Pirates and KC have been a farm system for all others the last 10 years or so. What a joke. And yes they stole Nady.

Lester pitched a gem yesterday against the Yanks. I think the Rays will start fading now and it will be another Sox/Yanks battle for the pennant. Not sure if wild card will come out o the east or central though.The unfortunate small-market teams have a tough time with trades, since they can't take on salary (except when the Pirates GM started smoking crack last year and traded for Matt Morris)

Meanwhile, it is five years since SausageGate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9kJw-kWQ8)

DanaMac
07-28-2008, 11:20 AM
The unfortunate small-market teams have a tough time with trades, since they can't take on salary (except when the Pirates GM started smoking crack last year and traded for Matt Morris)

The Morris trade was mind boggling :dizzy: I couldn't figure that one out.

Small market teams - oakland does well with trades, colorado has done fair, and has built a tremendous farm system. I think the farm system and scouting are the issues for KC and Pitt. They get one or two good guys and then trade them instead of building around them.

There needs to be continuity. Colorado's starting guys have mostly played in the minors together for a few years, other than Helton who came up through the system years ago. Rockies are now starting to gel again and have Pitt. for 3 or 4 games now. As of now 7 of the 8 starting positions have all played together in the minors, and center field has one or the three that also played there with the other guys.

Thread jacked!!

Wet_Boots
07-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Pirates may do well from this trade, if the young outfield prospect can click, let alone the pitchers. Nady and Marte weren't going to have them in the playoffs this year. Funny what follows from the Duaner Sanchez taxicab accident that inspired the Nady for Hernandez-and-Perez trade.

EagleLandscape
07-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Would it help if I told you I had tile in a bathroom that is costing me 42@ sq foot?

Or travertine in all of the other bathrooms in which that tile cost me 8$ a foot?

Labor is super cheap down here, period.

Wet_Boots
07-28-2008, 07:46 PM
69 bucks a foot is overspending

hoskm01
07-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Would it help if I told you I had tile in a bathroom that is costing me 42@ sq foot?

Only if you tell me its not ceramic and comes with a one year supscription to a big guy in a suit wearing sunglasses at all hours of the day that passes you the hand towell once you wash your hands and stocks various colognes for you and your guests. Mouthwash too.

Mike Leary
07-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Works for me.

EagleLandscape
07-29-2008, 12:35 AM
ill post pictures when its done, tile got started today. not to mention im building it myself, so im saving 30% as well.

Wet_Boots
07-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Meanwhile, the Yankees trade for Pudge Rodriguez, and the rich get richer.

DanaMac
07-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Meanwhile, the Yankees trade for Pudge Rodriguez, and the rich get richer.

I just read it. The SOBs.....

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-30-2008, 08:05 PM
How about the Angels getting Texeria. I smell a world Series in Anaheim. R Sox are starting to look too fat from previous success to be a factor this year.

EagleLandscape
07-30-2008, 08:06 PM
pudge handed me a baseball once at rangers stadium (before ballpark in arlington) when he was on the rangers...

i think i was 8 or 9 then:)

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-30-2008, 08:07 PM
pudge handed me a baseball once at rangers stadium (before ballpark in arlington) when he was on the rangers...

i think i was 8 or 9 then:)

When do you leave for College Station and marriage?

EagleLandscape
07-30-2008, 08:33 PM
tomorrow night at 10pm, or friday morning at 5am.

no say?!?!

she left today. its nice and quiet for the time being:)

sadly enough the house wont be finished in time for the post-honeymoon. prolly a week after we get back. inspector is gonna let me slide on irr and landscape and still give me a final inspection.

Mike Leary
07-31-2008, 01:32 AM
she left today..

What does that mean? Best of luck, John. :clapping:

EagleLandscape
07-31-2008, 08:29 AM
What does that mean? Best of luck, John. :clapping:

haha, she left to drive to the city where we are getting married (College Station) I'm in Dallas till tomorrow morning.

Yah, that didnt sound too good did it?

DanaMac
07-31-2008, 09:29 AM
tomorrow night at 10pm, or friday morning at 5am.

no say?!?!

Hey congrats again and good luck with the wedding. They can be very stressful with lots of planning, events, friends and family, etc. Have fun and good job!!!

Wet_Boots
07-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Party hearty, Dude and Dudette!!

Waterit
07-31-2008, 01:22 PM

Hope for your sake she doesn't visit the forum!:laugh:

Best wishes and good fortune to y'all on the new union!