PDA

View Full Version : Plaant install

qcontrol23
07-18-2008, 12:18 AM
I have built a 125' long x 10 widex 4' tall berm. Now im planting. Im planting columnar white pines, japanese silver grass, and afew chunks of limestone. How much of each do you think i should plant? All of the planting will only be on oneside of the berm.

qcontrol23
07-20-2008, 12:37 PM
No one as any good advice?

Isobel
07-20-2008, 06:44 PM
you know unfortunately we probably have a bunch of good information. But, and please don't take offense, then there are questions like this which make some of us shake our heads. Questions like that aren't a matter of research and problem solving, it is just a matter of simple mathematics.

What I mean is this:
You have the information on the dimensions of the berm, and you know what types of plants are going in. Figure out mature widths of the plants, and see how close you want to plant them. That's the answer.

If you can't visualize it, take some graph paper or a computer program and lay out, to scale, your plantings and berm, and see out how they look.

procut
07-21-2008, 12:15 AM
^ I'd say that was pretty good adivce.

One suggestion I'd have is since you have a pretty decent sized berm, I'd add some more variety of plant material.