PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy Lightning 52" cut pics with mulch kit

Happy Frog
07-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Here we are.
These pictures were taken 24 hours after mowing with my Bad Boy Lightning 52" Kawasaki 26 HP LC equipped with the mulching kit and foot assist pedal (I can move the deck up on the go by pressing the pedal, releasing the pedal will bring back the deck on the previous setting).
There are some stripes but I didn't intend to make them, it is just how the cut is.
Turf is very rough at times with lots of sand. Grass is a mix of anything you can find in the Florida panhandle. It has not received any kind of chemicals in years.

Here is the first pics. This was at half speed (7-8 mph) with dull blades.

Happy Frog
07-18-2008, 07:30 PM
These pics were from the same day cut after replacing the dull blades with old but sharpened ones. This was cut at full speed (14 mph), using the foot assist to raise the deck on the go were it was needed.
In other words, I was racing like a mad man...
The last two pictures are from the best portion of lawn in the property.

Happy Frog
07-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Here is what most of the lawn look like up close. Lots of bahia grass, lots of weeds, lots of sand and very rough ground all over. Most of it has an incline with few flat areas.

KCfireman
07-18-2008, 07:38 PM
????????:confused::confused::confused::cry::cry::cry:

Happy Frog
07-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Looks like ZTR hell doesn't it?
I don't think I could do it without the suspension system.
Here is a small video my wife took.
Look closely at the deck, you will see that it does not move much for the speed...

JG Landscaping
07-18-2008, 08:16 PM
I dont know that you could pay me enough to cut that junk, i hope it doesnt beat your equipment up too much and is worth it. However i guess sometimes you have to take what you can get. Mower looks good...lets see the entire rig!

RedMax Man
07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Thats nifty how you put a Green Touch Xtreme trimmer rack on the back of your mower. Nice idea.

nosparkplugs
07-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Thats not saying much? that looks like some poorly kept grounds lots of sand to clean the underside of the deck. I was expecting some high end thick turf???? gotta pay the bills though. Do you have any "real" yards

Petr51488
07-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Jeez, that must be hell on your blades!

S man
07-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Take some pics of some thick tall stuff. That's all I run into with my lazer z. I'm mulching also.

kreft
07-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Wheres the stripes?

Happy Frog
07-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Jeez, that must be hell on your blades!

One hour on this community and they need serious sharpening. :cry:

Happy Frog
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Thats not saying much? that looks like some poorly kept grounds lots of sand to clean the underside of the deck. I was expecting some high end thick turf???? gotta pay the bills though. Do you have any "real" yards

Well, this is the community I have to take care off so I don't have much choice. A large portion of it does not have a sprinkler system and none of it had any kind of chemical application in years so it is pretty bad all over.
I posted these pics so you can all see what the mower can do under really bad conditions. It is not representative on what it can do on manicured lawns.
Without the ride quality the Bad Boy has, I would not be able to cut this land. Any other mower would go in pieces pretty quick :laugh:
I'll take some pics before the next cut so you'll have an idea of what it looked like before the cut. :drinkup:

Happy Frog
07-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I dont know that you could pay me enough to cut that junk, i hope it doesnt beat your equipment up too much and is worth it. However i guess sometimes you have to take what you can get. Mower looks good...lets see the entire rig!

Here it is... :laugh:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=220908