PDA

View Full Version : Comparison

Clint
01-15-2002, 07:55 PM
O.K.

im fixing to have my money real soon :) dirtbike sold!
Now, to the business...

I want to buy a 36" wb, belt. and i need to get some suggestions on what to buy

my 3 brands im debating on are Exmark, Toro, and Husqvarna

<b>Exmark:</b>
Metro HP - Belt - 36" - Floating - 15 HP kawasaki - 16" drive tires - ECS
Metro - Belt - 36" - Fixed - 15 HP Kohler - 13" drive tires - ECS

<b>Toro</b>
ProLine - Belt - 36" - Floating - 15 HP Kohler - 16" drive tires - Tbar

<b>Husqvarna</b>
(name?) - Belt - 36" - Fixed - 14 HP Kawasaki - 13" drive tires - Pistol

Alright, heres the skippy, i dont know if the floating deck is worth it on a 36, yet, i do like the bigger engine and drive tires that comes with it, and also like tthe floater.. Price is also a problem.. i want to grab the most price efficient mower there is

I guess it comes down to what is most comfortable to me, im going to demo them all soon, but first wanted to ask you guys preference on brand and the mower

Thanks!
Clint

P.S. - if you know any of the prices on these mowers, i would appreciate it!

johnnywalker
01-15-2002, 07:59 PM
No to Toro. There's no mulch kit avail. for the Toro 36" SFS floater.

Nelson
01-15-2002, 09:21 PM
GO TORO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to bag go WALKER !!!!!!!!!:D

Nelson
01-15-2002, 09:23 PM
My Bad I did not know he was only 15? I would need your parents OK Clint. To give anymore Info............ Bottom Line !!!!!!!

Clint
01-15-2002, 10:03 PM
??????

are you kidding me?

65hoss
01-15-2002, 11:50 PM
You do not need a floating deck on the 36". The front wheels are close enough that they will rarely scalp. Get a fixed deck and go for it. I have the metro 36" belt drive and its a great little mower. Cut is awesome and I never take the mulch kit off because it does an awesome job.

CompleteLawn Service
01-16-2002, 12:25 AM
Clint I live in Phoenix so prices may vary a little. I just went through everything you are going through. Which 36 to buy. Here's my dealers price list.

exmark 36" floating deck 15 horse twin kawi with grass catcher and esc controls- $2,999 plus tax

exmark 36 fixed deck 15 horse w/grass catcher $2,499 plus tax

If you want a fixed 36 I found the bobcat had good options like 16" rear tires instead of 13".

It comes standard with the 15 horse kawi.What you wont get is the esc controls.

The Bobcat fixed 36" 15 horse Kawasaki w/grass bag is $2,499

Other brands I shopped for at the time were Encore,Greatdane,John Deere,Bobcat,Exmark

The Encore with a 12hp kawi was $400 more than the 15hp exmark and Bobcat. The GreatDane only comes in Hydro$$$$.The John Deere just didint appeal to me no certain reason.And The Bobcat I really liked but didnt like the Dealer.

So I bought a new 2001 non esc control 36" metro hp floating deck with the 15 horse Kohler w/grass catcher for $2,499.

It was the last floating deck they had and everyone who came in to buy a w/b wanted the new esc controls,so I was able to get it for $500 less than the same one but the 2002 model.

The floating deck is a must for me being that alot of yards I do have the rolling type golf course look to them. Plus the ease of simply lifting the deck and pulling the clip and moving it one hole up or down also sold me.

The only thing I "settled" for was I really wanted the Kawasaki engine. I just like the japenese products a little better. But the Kohler has proved good so far and when it blows I'll replace it with the Kawi.

Well I hope this helps you some. Have fun shopping and take your time. Jeff

p.s are you the same clint from extremedirtbike.com or dirtrider.net? If so I'm ArizonaJeff! If not then never mind:)

gogetter
01-16-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Nelson
My Bad I did not know he was only 15? I would need your parents OK Clint. To give anymore Info............ Bottom Line !!!!!!!

Huh?

LAWNS AND MOWER
01-16-2002, 05:56 PM
Go Toro dude!!! T-Bar is the way to go. Your wrists will be shot at the end of the day with the pistol grips!!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

Nelson
01-16-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by gogetter

Huh?

That's right gogetter 15 years of age !!!!!!!:alien:

gogetter
01-16-2002, 07:37 PM
Nelson, what planet are you from anyway? You mean to tell me that because he is 15, you won't give him any information/advice without his parents permission?????

The kid is probably more mature then you anyway. Even though you are "34 1/2" years old.:confused:

CompleteLawn Service
01-16-2002, 07:42 PM
OUCH! Thats gonna leave a mark!

I really hope he's joking though.

Clint
01-16-2002, 08:26 PM
Ya know, I dont know of any rules you have to have my parents permission for stuff, but I think if I can shave you can tell me about some lawn mowers ;)

Clint

Nelson
01-16-2002, 08:35 PM
OK, As long as you shave I will not need parents permission.
Go TORO !!!!!!

gogetter R U allright? take a chill pill dude !!!!!

Everything will be allright, having a bad day???:D

Nelson
01-16-2002, 08:41 PM
OK, As long as you shave I will not need parents permission.
Go TORO !!!!!!

gogetter R U allright? take a chill pill dude !!!!!

Everything will be allright, having a bad day???:D

I was just kidding !!!!!!

& you r 33 years old, I guess u do not know when someone is kidding?

Chill gogetter:blob2:

dlandscaping
01-16-2002, 10:21 PM
im 15 as well and have 2 new walkbehinds, a toro 36 fixed with tbar and a lesco 48 both are gear drives. i would recommend the tbar over pistols and even the ecs. it is so easy to turn the mower and it can be a joy, however the downside is in tight spots where pullin the mower in reverse can be done, but it can be a struggle. with pistol grips in tight areas if you half squeeze the handles, the wheels move freely allowing the operator to move the machine back and forth easily. I would definately agree with a floating deck. Having two fixed decks i found ways to scalp almost flat areas. i cut high and lift the deck when necessary, but sometimes you just can't help it. i will be trading my lesco 48 for an exmark 36 or toro 44 hydro with floating decks which i hope will increase my productivity next year. these two machines cost me a good amount, but the time saved and ease of operation is well worth the investment and you will make your money back quickly come springtime.

gogetter
01-16-2002, 11:19 PM
I guess not. Maybe when I'm "34 1/2".

I was just kidding !!!!!!

& you r 33 years old, I guess u do not know when someone is kidding?

Chill gogetter:blob2:

Nelson
01-17-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by gogetter
I guess not. Maybe when I'm "34 1/2".

Ya Think, I sure hope so !!!!!