PDA

View Full Version : landscape edging

str400ex
07-20-2008, 02:52 PM
I have a owner that I do the mowing for that wants some metal edging around his beds and trees which is the better edging the metal or the allum.. and how is the best way to install it in a yard that is already there thanks Shawn

str400ex
07-20-2008, 08:47 PM
help please

Isobel
07-20-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know what the advantages are of aluminum vs steel, but I've only ever installed steel. When installing, I cut slice the area the edging is going with an edger or a shovel, and then bang in into place with hammers and such.

str400ex
07-20-2008, 11:51 PM
I was in hope there was a easy way other than the shovel , aluminum does not rust is what the owner is thinking thanks for replying Shawn

mdvaden
07-21-2008, 01:55 AM
I've never installed it.

If placed shallow, materials cross one side to the other, the most common complaint when I get into new yards with it.

If set higher, the edge is an injury potential for children.

Typically, I like edging with a broader edge.

Trenchblade
07-21-2008, 09:18 AM
I was in hope there was a easy way other than the shovel , aluminum does not rust is what the owner is thinking thanks for replying Shawn
if you are thinking or using an edger to install it, you should think about putting a trenchblade on there, it may help get the edge a little wider for the edging.

DoetschOutdoor
07-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Well now that the ground has dried up and is hard as a rock, you are most likely going to have to have a little edge dug to get it started. Its not really that big of a deal. Just use a spade edge shovel or try using a stick edger. I dont even know if the stuff I use is metal or aluminum but I know it doesnt rust and its the same stuff most landscape suppliers stock.

White Gardens
07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
if you are thinking or using an edger to install it, you should think about putting a trenchblade on there, it may help get the edge a little wider for the edging.

The TrenchBlade would probably make too big of a groove.

White Gardens
07-21-2008, 06:19 PM

The TrenchBlade would probably make too big of a groove.

I like either edging. Aluminum I think is tops only because of the fact it doesn't rust. Metal edging will last an extremely long time, but aluminum is going to last forever.

Problem around here is aluminum is hard to find, and next season, I'm planning on ordering some, and having it shipped in to have on hand.

str400ex
07-21-2008, 10:19 PM
thanks guys

Even Cut Lawn Care
08-12-2008, 05:00 AM
thanks guys

Hey man I just noticed that you are from theodosia! Did you get the project done?