PDA

View Full Version : When should I start hanging door hangers?

Stonewall83
07-20-2008, 08:54 PM
I live in middle Ga and was wondering when would be the most productive time to start looking for accounts? I will be working full time until February but am gonna start maintenence full time after that.... Im sure there is a time most people in this business use to do this marketing I'm just not sure when that is...

Thanks Guys
Charlie Williams

bohiaa
07-21-2008, 12:52 AM
It's easy to do research in this area, simply to find out "what works in your area"
Most of the time door hangers are not worth the effort, and are a VERY expensice way to advertise, "OF corse depending on your area"

JSUT assuming here that your after residentual customers. If this is true ad's in news papers have a better circulation that door hangers. and the news print is useually online too,,,,

Do your research and see what ya come up with.

Good LUCK

Lawnut101
07-21-2008, 01:05 AM
I think that you have to hand out a ton of door hangers to get a response. That's my experience with them. I've had a little luck with them. So far I've had the most luck with newspaper advertising.

Allens LawnCare
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Not sure about down south but the end of Febuary is a good time up north, depending on snow, I start doing spring clean ups and mulch as soon as the snow is gone.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
I hung out about 200-250 doorhangers this past spring, all at the end of March/beginning of April. Since you are warm season round down that way, adjust accordingly when hanging.

At any rate, I got a response from about 3-4 people (aka they called me for an estimate), and gained ONE weekly account from the deal. Keep in mind though, that my seasonal income from that one account more than pays for the small doorhanger expense. I say give it a try and if you don't get any response, try another marketing means. Make sure you hang at least 250 though, to play the law of large #'s.

rachel
07-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Door hangers never work for anyone. You either have to use the newspaper or telephone.

stevenf
07-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I tried door hangers last year. Passed out about 100 and got 12 accounts from it. I passed out 1,200 this year and got 3-4 accounts from them. Needless to say, people didnt like doorhangers this year.
Next year I will be putting out H-wire signs and making my own bulk mailing postcards. I will only send to gated neighborhoods and higher income areas. Trying to find worthy customers who can still afford me despite gas prices.