PDA

View Full Version : Work pictures from today

S man
07-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Here are some pictures from today of the trailer and equipment and two lawns. We did ten but I forget to take pics of each lawn. The last few my dad and me do on the same street come out great. I'll get pics of those. Oh and the trimmers and other stuff is in the back of the truck.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_0985.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_0986.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_0987.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_0988.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_0989.jpg

KrayzKajun
07-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Nice work scott! How much was tht awning for the Exmark?

Mowerboy04
07-21-2008, 12:27 AM
won't u take out all the tree branches with the shade thing???? i don't see the point, but maybe i'm missing something.

corey4671
07-21-2008, 12:31 AM
gotta love the five o parked on the grass

hockeypro1411
07-21-2008, 01:19 AM
hahah good find. if that was my lawn i would be like "no. i dont care who murdered someone, you best get that thing off my lawn. bluegrass is brown enough as it is this time of year" LOL

P.Services
07-21-2008, 01:33 AM
is that a two stroke oil bottle on the spout of the gas can?

02DURAMAX
07-21-2008, 02:55 AM
is that a two stroke oil bottle on the spout of the gas can?

Samething i was going to ask.

easycareacres
07-21-2008, 03:27 AM
non spill filler id say.

MortonLawn
07-21-2008, 08:37 AM
are you worried your exmark might crush your blowers if you hit the brakes too hard??:confused:

Merlin300
07-21-2008, 09:35 AM
are you worried your exmark might crush your blowers if you hit the brakes too hard??:confused:

I was curious about that myself. Where are the straps?

Merlin300
07-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Nice equipment by the way.

All_Toro_4ME
07-21-2008, 10:03 AM
I like the sunshade s man. I have one on my Z as well. They sure save you from the heat on 100 degree days. I'm just wondering though, mine snaps on and off in like 5 seconds, the brackets stay attached to the ROPS because they recommend to not have the sunshade attached while transporting the unit. Any problems or concerns on your end with having the sunshade on while driving from one account to the next?

GravelyGuy
07-21-2008, 10:10 AM

Or end up in the middle of an intersection and kill someone. I sure hope the other tire is strapped. Far to much of this around here.

punt66
07-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I dont strap my mowers down, however i have an enclosed. What i do is screw a couple pieces of wood to the floor to cradle the back wheels and i only used a 1x2. Mower never comes out of the cradle.

ALC-GregH
07-21-2008, 01:02 PM
I dont strap my mowers down, however i have an enclosed. What i do is screw a couple pieces of wood to the floor to cradle the back wheels and i only used a 1x2. Mower never comes out of the cradle.
Why take the chance. One day when you least expect it, someone will force you to jam on the brakes and the next thing you'll hear is a big bang. As you look in the rear view mirror, you'll see one of the front casters sticking out. Or worse yet, it laying in the road!

I strap my mower down and everything else for that matter regardless of how far I'm driving. Last thing I want to happen AGAIN, is have something fly off while driving.

I made that mistake before and watched a ratchet assembly for a tow dolly (didn't think it would come off) go bouncing through the air while going 60mph on the highway. As it was tumbling 10+ft in the air, I got to watch a car drive right into the path of the flying racket assembly and see it go right through the windshield. Cars started scattering into the media swerving and dodging each other as the car the ratchet hit slammed on the brakes once it blew through the windshield.
All I could think to do is pray that no one gets hurt from all this as I pulled over. I was lucky to find no injuries from the mistake of not having EVERYTHING secured before pulling out of the driveway. Never again.....
I don't even like to see the handle on my push mower bouncing up and down when I hit bumps in the road. Everything gets locked down tight before I start moving.

DoetschOutdoor
07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Why take the chance. One day when you least expect it, someone will force you to jam on the brakes and the next thing you'll hear is a big bang. As you look in the rear view mirror, you'll see one of the front casters sticking out. Or worse yet, it laying in the road!

I strap my mower down and everything else for that matter regardless of how far I'm driving. Last thing I want to happen AGAIN, is have something fly off while driving.

I made that mistake before and watched a ratchet assembly for a tow dolly (didn't think it would come off) go bouncing through the air while going 60mph on the highway. As it was tumbling 10+ft in the air, I got to watch a car drive right into the path of the flying racket assembly and see it go right through the windshield. Cars started scattering into the media swerving and dodging each other as the car the ratchet hit slammed on the brakes once it blew through the windshield.
All I could think to do is pray that no one gets hurt from all this as I pulled over. I was lucky to find no injuries from the mistake of not having EVERYTHING secured before pulling out of the driveway. Never again.....
I don't even like to see the handle on my push mower bouncing up and down when I hit bumps in the road. Everything gets locked down tight before I start moving.

The method he described works great, I've been doing it that way in the enclosed for about 3 years now, no problems. You must be referring to open trailers right? No way on earth a mower will come through the front of an enclosed.

I dont understand how you mow with that shade thing. I would be ripping branches off left and right just like the ROPS did. Did you just get that trailer? The markings and price are still on it...

Big C
07-21-2008, 02:18 PM
won't u take out all the tree branches with the shade thing???? i don't see the point, but maybe i'm missing something.

Yeah you are missing something....the Louisiana heat!!!!..I don't blame you Scott...may get one for my Lazer too

Merlin300
07-21-2008, 05:29 PM
No way on earth a mower will come through the front of an enclosed.

I wish it was possible to e-mail or pm common sense to some people here.

punt66
07-21-2008, 06:42 PM

I mow 12 a day and all within 3 miles of each other. I cant get going fast enough for anything you describe to happen. As a matter of fact, now that i think of it i dont think my equipment trailer has ever been on the highway. Too much equipment in my trailer for a running start of my Z to do any damage anyhow. So take your common sense comment and shove it were the sun dont shine. :nono:

S man
07-21-2008, 06:52 PM
The shade is awsome and really doesn't get in the way of branches too much. It actually moves hanging stuff out of the way and it doesn't get in your face. And yes I put oil bottles on my gas cans. The yellow caps fall off too easy. The Z has a parking break so just being in the city it would go forward and crush the blowers. I hope not because that's about $950 worth of blowers on there! Yeah that cop car accross the street belongs to a woman officer. Kinda good looking. lol.

MileHigh
07-21-2008, 07:07 PM

That's why you get a trailer with at least 3 foot walls. And no blowers on the trailer floor, that's what racks and storage boxes are for.

I don't strap anything...waste to much time...I pay the extra money for a trailer that has sides, racks, and a storage box, and kill it on time.

By the way..nice job SMAN

DoetschOutdoor
07-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Common sense or you seeing my trailer would tell you that NO, it is not possible for the wheels to come through the front of my trailer. I have a 36' wb that is flush against the front wall of my trailer (which has extra security along the bottom just for this) and my ztr goes about a foot behind that in its own wheel chalks. Tell me exactly how in just one foot that mower could gain enough speed to force my other mower through the extra thick bottom, through the support beams in the trailer, and then through the sheetmetal and diamond plate rock guard. You must drive like half the ******s on the road today if your mowers are coming through an enclosed trailer :laugh: :laugh:

ALC-GregH
07-21-2008, 07:57 PM
I was being sarcastic with the comment about going through the trailer. I can see just pulling the e-brake if your only driving a few miles to do all the accounts that day. What if your driving 10-15 miles to get to that weekly route. Do you leave it unsecured then too?

Merlin300
07-21-2008, 10:06 PM
It appears I struck a nerve.... I stand by my comment.

For you Douchoutdoor, I have never lost a piece of equipment and don't ever plan on it. For the ****** comment, I know for a fact a couple of people on here have family members with that affliction. I would think before you type. It just may come back and bite you.

If you get hit by someone running a stop sign and your mower flies off the trailer and hits little Tommy waiting for the bus, its on you. Those sides on the trailer won't keep a mower from flying off. Oh and good luck finding a insurance company after something like that. You will be sued along with the person running the sign.

S man.... Nice equipment and sorry for your post taking a turn for the worst.

punt66
07-21-2008, 10:18 PM
It appears I struck a nerve.... I stand by my comment.

For you Douchoutdoor, I have never lost a piece of equipment and don't ever plan on it. For the ****** comment, I know for a fact a couple of people on here have family members with that affliction. I would think before you type. It just may come back and bite you.

If you get hit by someone running a stop sign and your mower flies off the trailer and hits little Tommy waiting for the bus, its on you. Those sides on the trailer won't keep a mower from flying off. Oh and good luck finding a insurance company after something like that. You will be sued along with the person running the sign.

S man.... Nice equipment and sorry for your post taking a turn for the worst.
Do you strap your blower in the bed of your truck? Or the load of mulch your bringing to the job? What if somebody hits you and you tip over and fill a bmw full of mulch and the guy suffocates to death. Or your blower goes flyinf and kills a chipmunk. What it the cigarette you just flicked out the window caught somebody's house on fire? Or maybe the rake you had in the bed of your truck went flying and gave somebody a prostate exam? See where i am leading with this? I know a great solution! Weld the mower to the rail each time you load!!!!!!!!!!! Now there is common sense.

Merlin300
07-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Do you strap your blower in the bed of your truck?

Nope.... Have a blower rack for that.

Or the load of mulch your bringing to the job?

Nope....Have a tarp on the dump trailer for that.

What if somebody hits you and you tip over and fill a bmw full of mulch and the guy suffocates to death.

I keep it tarped...Also I am an EMT and certified in vehicle extraction.

Or your blower goes flyinf and kills a chipmunk.

Not gonna happen, blower in rack and in a enclosed. If it did happen, I would take the chipmunk home and put him in the smoker.

What it the cigarette you just flicked out the window caught somebody's house on fire?

Again not gonna happen.....Don't smoke.

Or maybe the rake you had in the bed of your truck went flying and gave somebody a prostate exam?

I keep it in a rack in the enclosed. If that were to happen, I will be sure to take pics....I have a feeling you would enjoy them.

See where i am leading with this?

A job at the local burger joint?

I know a great solution! Weld the mower to the rail each time you load!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm skilled with a welder...But havent quite figured out how to weld rubber to wood. Maybe you might could learn us.

Now there is common sense.

:rolleyes:

O.K. now I am done playing with the kids. I have to get up and take my daughter to the doctor, before I work.:waving:

Merlin300
07-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Just trying to help people avoid getting into some stupid accidents that I have had the displeasure of working in my "other job"

punt66
07-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Just trying to help people avoid getting into some stupid accidents that I have had the displeasure of working in my "other job"

Well talking down to people you dont even know, or know what they have accomplished in life and telling them they have no common sense and expecting not to get a bit of annoyed feedback is just a bit arrogant. Kids? There are alot of kids on this site and at times they do talk more than they listen, thats what teenagers do. But they are trying to build a business and i give them credit for that. Am i a kid. Well lets see, im 34, own a $350,000 home, own a 66 mustang conv, 62 corvette, 66 mercury cyclone, 84 mustang conv, 97 harley road king, and not to mention my 62 customer base that pays for it all debt free. hmmm. Common sense. Dont talk smack about people you don know.

JeffNY
07-22-2008, 09:20 AM
lol, from what I've searched the past couple days about mower tie downs, every thread that talks about it, goes to hell, ends up in an argument and pissing contest.
I'll remember these threads the day I see a 1,000lb ZTR fly over a 12" side.

to each his own. I just ordered faststraps only because i just bought a new mower.

MarcSmith
07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
when you a have trailer roll over in a accident and you equipment isn't strapped down, come talk to me. Oh and the person who caused the accident doesn't have enough insurance to cover all your losses, and your insurance company is refusing coverage since you failed to mitigate your losses by securing your equipment.

Been there done the that.

new frames and wheel motors for lazers aren't cheap, and neither is the labor to put it all back to together...

also keep in mind that strapping the equipment down prevents the loads from shifting during panic style moves. which is what caused the trailer to rollover in my case. In my case if the loads have been straped down (mowers) the resulting weight shift from one side to the other and back (like rocking a boat) may have kept the trailer on the ground and attached to the truck.

In hind sight i would have gladly given up the 30 seconds or so at each stop to strap up, for the last few years...

punt66
07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
lol, from what I've searched the past couple days about mower tie downs, every thread that talks about it, goes to hell, ends up in an argument and pissing contest.
I'll remember these threads the day I see a 1,000lb ZTR fly over a 12" side.

to each his own. I just ordered faststraps only because i just bought a new mower.

threads go to hell because people cant seem to share ideas without others throwing in insults. For a 1000 lb ztr to go flying of a trailer you have to be driving way too fast. I mow 12 lawns a day all within 3 miles of each other, Top speed maybe 35. If i were to strap my ztr in my enclosed trailer i would waste another hour by the end of a busy day. An hour that doesnt need to be wasted. Open trailers with low rails i would think twice about strapping, but probably wont unless going for a long distance.

MarcSmith
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
physics class time

you and your equipment are traveling at 35 mph.

you hit a tree

you mower has the impact force of 20 tons... I don't think an aluminum skin or a 2-3 foot high railing around you trailer is gonna stop the mower...

40lbs of gas force of 1500lbs.
23lb string trimmer 1000lbs of force

now that being said, will the ratchet straps from home depot keep your mower in place with that sever of an accident...nope.... but if you are in accident in which you hit someone your mower will move, and the underling concern is to keep the mower in place, and to prevent further damage, either to your mower your other equipment or people around you. even if you hit a car and you stop with in 10 feet, you mower still have 2 tons of impact force. probably enough to tear up the casters and bend the mower frame, among other things. Enough to keep you out of work for a few days.

if you always park your equipment in the same spot on the trailer, then its easy to bolt in some wood blocks so it is always in the same spot and set up the ratchet straps so they are always in the same spot. So much like putting on a seat belt, Its easy and doesn't take "hours" of wasted time each day.
if you set it up properly, it would be like putting on a seat belt. Quick and easy.

DoetschOutdoor
07-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I think part of the problem and why several people keep arguing back is because you are talking to a few people that use enclosed trailers. The support rails going all the way around my trailer are spaced every 18" so in an accident, the mower and everything else you say will go flying would have to first get through all those beams then make its way to your minivan windshield. In an enclosed trailer, a wheel chalk like several have mentioned work perfectly fine. I have accounts that are 15 miles away down the bumpy country roads and my mowers do not move at all.

MJS
07-22-2008, 12:11 PM
What if somebody hits you and you tip over and fill a bmw full of mulch and the guy suffocates to death.

haha, that's an interesting image. . . Maybe I missed something (pardon my ignorance - was alternating between long work days and a week of vacation) , but didn't you say you were leaving LS, punt66? Glad to have you back :waving:

And S man, nice equipment and pics. That Exmark sure cuts better than the Dixon. . .lol But really, very nice work.

MarcSmith
07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
you don't think a 1000# mower moving 35 mph with the equivalent force of 20 tons would rip your 1/4" welded angle iron to to shreds? Keep doubting physics.

I'm glad that you've been lucky and never had to go through an accident in which most of you equipment was a total loss. but in my accident an open trailer would have flipped as well or the mowers would have gotten over the railing. At which point instead of it being a two car accident it would have been a lot more....

look at it this way. would you feel comfortable driving next to flat bed semi carrying a back hoe not strapped down, or maybe the flat bed tow truck driver decides the parking break on the broken down car is enough to keep the car on the flat bed with no chains?

then why should anyone feel comfortable driving next to any landscaper who doesn't strap down their equipment....

punt66
07-22-2008, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=MJS;2430010]haha, that's an interesting image. . . Maybe I missed something (pardon my ignorance - was alternating between long work days and a week of vacation) , but didn't you say you were leaving LS, punt66? Glad to have you back :waving:

And S man, nice equipment and pics. That Exmark sure cuts better than the

Yea, i was sick of all the name callers on the site so i left. My brother used my name for a few times on here and didnt tell me. So after that i had to see what kind of trouble he caused. haha Then i was interested again
:hammerhead:

S man
07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
haha, that's an interesting image. . . Maybe I missed something (pardon my ignorance - was alternating between long work days and a week of vacation) , but didn't you say you were leaving LS, punt66? Glad to have you back :waving:

And S man, nice equipment and pics. That Exmark sure cuts better than the Dixon. . .lol But really, very nice work.

lol. Thanks. It is like day and night after having the dixon. Exmark is #1 for me! I do need to get the deck checked out and get my new blades I ordered. Other than that it cuts like a beast.

Okay trailer guys, I have a 5X12 with the low sides. What should I do? All I carry is the usual two blowers two trimmers edger 21" and 1000 lb z. Do I need a different trailer or one with higher sides? I'm thinking about getting a custom landscape box put on the front for the trimmers blowers and gas cans and can put the blocks for the Z and 21". Should I just use this trailer if I don't get anymore equipment and considering I am newer at driving with the trailer and my dad drives when we have the trailer hooked up?

Lawn_Boy
07-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Save your money and recover from the Dixon.

STIHL GUY
07-22-2008, 11:53 PM
nice setup

S man
07-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Save your money and recover from the Dixon.

Already did that. The extra stander money covered my butt with the dixon mess up.

C. MOORE LAWNS
07-24-2008, 10:04 PM
I like the new mower....a whole lot better than the Dixon, although I believe the shade thing is overkill grandpa! :laugh: Just messin, but if I were you then do what is most comfortable with you with the whole stapping down the mower thing. The chances of the mower coming off is slim to none dude. Plus, if that damn mower had enough force on it to go through the angle iron then the trailer and your chains would most likely get ripped off the ball and go with it...and no one can prevent that. I highly agree with Punt and all of his points. Oh, and MarcSmith, you compared a FLATBED trailer with a BACKHOE and a FLATBED with a CAR!! No one in the right mind would feel comfortable with that!! Those are two extremely heavy machines. Haha, seriously dude...you cant even compare those to a mower and a trailer with at least sides at all!!! S Man, I'd end this thread pretty soon or its gonna get crazy! Lol, peace!

Ross's Lawn Service
07-25-2008, 12:11 AM
dump the 21' get a brand new exmark 36 walkbehind and then go buy a brand new 6x14 double axle trailer. Then go and buy racks for all your equip. Thats the best BUSINESS MOVE you could make right now!!!

hahahhaa:laugh::laugh::laugh:

freshprince94
07-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Geez, all of S-Mans threads seem to blow up:dizzy:

But Scott, nice work, and nice eXmark!

S man
07-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah maybe I shouldn't post all my crazy purchases and then everyone would have more respect for me. lol