PDA

View Full Version : My dump truck

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 12:47 AM
99 3500HD W/6.5 turbo.....11 foot body. Whatcha guys think?

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 12:49 AM
I forgot to tell you guys, my dad and I built this truck ourselves...if you want to hear what we did or see some before, during, and after pictures let me know and I'll post them for you guys.

TomberLawn
07-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Yeah, post some build pics. I like those trucks, even though I've heard bad things about the 6.5 diesel. That looks good, especially with the chrome wheel covers.

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Honestly, I can't say one bad thing about that motor in that truck, its 100% stock, I drive it like an old lady though. I've driven all the newer diesels and a bunch of the older ones, while this one isn't a powerhouse, for me it doesn't lack...you just need some paitence getting on the highway or when your pulling a bobcat. It was fleet maintained at my dads shop, there exteremly meticulous when it comes to fixing somethings wrong...ill put up some build pics in a few mins for you.....

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Bought it with an 11 foot utility body with a 3200 pound Autocrane hoist on the side.....then took that body off, sold it, bought an 11 foot Rugby dump body off a Ford F-550, my dad did all the welding and lights on the back of the truck...there bright at night and look very good. We did 100% of the work ourselves.

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 01:30 AM
The dump body and old utility body coming off....

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Truck sitting as a cab and chassis and the dump body being loaded on....

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 01:34 AM
The finished product.....I know the front bumpers a little screwed up...there was a mishap with my worker and a brick wall....and also my other truck...97 GMC Sierra...a little dirty

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 01:39 AM
The real jewel of the build is the back of the truck....If you guys want I'll snap some pictures of it tomorrow if you are really interested...let me know...also if you guys got any more questions just ask...if you really want to know why I built my own truck instead of buying one...just ask and I'll give you the rundown of the amount of money I have invested in this truck...

meets1
07-21-2008, 01:40 AM
What do you guys all do? Seeing a payloader and maybe a backhoe in the pictures? You the owner or your father?

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 01:43 AM
Haha I get that question a lot when I show these pictures. My dad works for that company and we used the shop for that build. The company sells those machines, I wish they were mine..but I've been running them my whole life so I know them inside and out. I own the 1 ton dump.

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Ok ok...one more...maybe two...

kleankutslawn
07-21-2008, 02:38 AM
nice work!

02DURAMAX
07-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Thats my Deam truck!!!!...I love that model!

TomberLawn
07-21-2008, 08:02 AM
My grandfather has a 1992 3500 SRW with a 6.5L. I like driving it. It's got 4.10 gears, so it has some decent acceleration, but not much speed on the top end. I've heard the pumps on those engines are a weak link, so be sure to keep some good fuel additive in it since ULSD doesn't lubricate very well. How many miles are on it and what did the total project cost? Last time I looked, I think my grandfather's truck had about 190,000 on it, with a reman transmission.

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 09:03 AM
The truck is rediculously strong, right before I bought it the truck had about 7 grand in work done...from injector pump, to 6 brand new tires to leaf springs, kingpins, bushings, brakes, you name it it was done. It has around 190,000 on it right now. Plus the fact that you could eat off the floor and the engine is still spotless. It was a very well taken care of truck. Heres the break down of the cost of the truck:

Truck purchase: $4000
Sold utility body for: -$3000
---------------------------
Total $1000
Purchased Dump Body: $1200
Chrome Simulators: $100
-----------------------------
Total for build: $2300

I haven't put a single dime into this truck since I've owned it, I've put probably another 150 buck into it between the window tint and lettering (and yes, I do have the DOT numbers on the truck now). The truck was a once in a lifetime deal from the owner of the company that my dad works for so I had to buy it even if I was going to keep it a utility body. The dump body is a 2006 Rugby, the owner didn't know what he had so he just threw out a price of 1200 bucks and I took it, especially since it had the hoist, pump, pintle plate, and tarp already with it. I've seen those bodys go anywhere from 5,000-7,000 grand brand new. What do you guys think?

Merlin300
07-21-2008, 09:31 AM
I think you made a wise business decision with that truck. Drive it until it dies. Or you could turn around and sell it and make a major profit on it.

meets1
07-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Drive for a bit, see how things work on the truck, maybe keep an eye out for a new truck with less miles and trade up - therefore making this truck profitable for your work and trade in value.

Impressions Landscaping
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm not planning on getting rid of it for a long time, granted its got a lot of miles on it, however it was really well taken care of and I baby it. The trucks got ZERO rust, except for under the dump body just from the usual wear and tear, but the trucks going back under the knife at the end of the season and the body is getting sandblasted as well as the frame and new paint is being put on, as well as the cab of the truck is getting repainted...I haven't decided on colors yet though...any idea's?

deere615
07-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Wow nice Truck/s Good job on adding the dump bed

DieselOnly
07-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Nice work. Great job on the truck. I love the old C3500HD's and 6.5's, especially the 10 lug rear/5 lug front. I wish I could find an affordable one to complement my 1994 K1500/6.5 diesel.

As for the engine, absolutly nothing wrong with the pumps, but I still reccomend a good additive. Biggest problem is on '94+ 6.5's with the electronic devise mounted on the pump to run it. Dealers didn't have a clue what was happening, nor did GM, but the aftermarket did. For $600 or so, you can have permanant fix for the issues with a 7 year warrentee. Look up "Heath Diesel Performance" on Google. They also have some things to make it a little more zippy. But, your description of it was right on. I never have much of a load, but even with the max 3K load I've put on my truck, it barely noticed it. Just get a PMD isolator, and keep the engine coolant temps below 210, and she'll run forever, kinda. IMHO, dieselplace.com is the best site out there for 6.5 owners. You can find almost anything you need to know about performance, reliability, and anything else you can think of. There are more than enough people there to give you a hand too, if you ever need it.

Green Team Landscaping
07-22-2008, 01:24 AM
add the before and after pics, and thats a sick truck. I WANT IT! it always gives you a good feeling using something you know you made.

DieselOnly
07-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Saw on second look that you have the Diesel bumper, but timed out for editing my post. Very few, if any HD's were built with diesel bumpers, since they have that filler under the grill, they do not need the air holes in the diesel bumper. IMHO, the diesel bumper looks better anyways. A lot of gassers get them to mount fog lights in. This is a no-no on a normal C/K truck, since it relies on them to get enough air in to cool the oil, power steering, AC, radiator etc... Not a problem on the HD's though, as they didn't even need diesel bumpers.

Impressions Landscaping
07-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Dieselonly...Believe it or not I already am a member of the Dieselplace forums, and I know a lot about the Heath PMD isolator. I haven't had a problem with any type of stalling that comes with a failing PMD, but I do know that was something that was replaced as well as the IP pump right before I bought it. I really haven't had time to tinker around with the motor...it runs excellent, as in when you crank it in the morning I don't think the motor turns over twice before its running. I usually let it run for 15-20 mins before I drive off in it. It also has 3 settings for high idle switches, so typically I just flip the first switch and let it idle at about 1000 rpm's since these motors in particular didn't have great upper end lubrication at idle. Oh and the diesel bumper..funny story, the kid that was working for me was dumping where we normally get rid of our material, and as he was pulling forward he banged into a brick wall and dented the front bumper. When I went and replaced the bumper, the only used one that was at the yard that was in decent shape was the diesel bumper, which I intended to put on the truck to begin with when I first bought it. If you look closley at the first picture of the truck and the most recent the bumpers are different.

Impressions Landscaping
07-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Green Team Landscaping....This is what the truck looked like the day I picked it up, I can't upload any more pictures for some reason, so scroll up a few replies and I have about 20 after pictures of the truck. Yes it does feel good using it everyday, my dad and I built the truck for me, so it has everything I want. I'm getting a 9 foot Fisher m/m for it in the next month or so...so we'll see how it plows.

If anyone wants to see more pictures of the truck let me know what you want to see and I'll snap pictures of it and post them here!

DieselOnly
07-22-2008, 02:19 AM
I did notice that upon further inspection. What's your Diesel Place username?

I have the Heath PMD isolator, a 3" downpipe, 3" cat, with 4" cat-back, and am currently waiting to get my guages installed, then I'll see where I'm going from there, probably a chip or something.

I really don't know why these engines have such a bad reputation. I think it has a lot to do with un-educated owners (not enough info in the manual), and GM being in a hurry to get the DS-4 trucks out. If they had just tested the DS-4 on a bunch of trucks in different climates, I bet the 6.5 would have a whole different standing in the Diesel market. Power wise, it's right on par with other early 90's diesels. It's biggest thing is all the easily avoidable catastrophic failures such as a broken crank. Just make sure the harmonic balancer is good, and the crank will stay in one piece. Most block/head cracking issues are from overheating. I've given up on trying to change people's view of the engine, I don't give a crap, plus it means there's more of them at lower prices for me. One just dyno'd 303 RWHP here a month or so ago. That's pretty good for an old IDI engine. Easily push 200 RWHP. It may not be fast, but it can be made to have similar outputs to the late 90's Diesel trucks with minimal investment and a little know-how. I may be the only person on the planet who likes them, but oh well, I have one, and would like at least one, even two more.

I'd kinda like to get a C3500HD, and build it into a K3500HD.

Impressions Landscaping
07-22-2008, 02:33 AM
My usernames Bmxdkj over there, I love the motor, It's obviously no powerhouse, but I just take it easy. The balancer was also replaced as well as the oiler cooler lines to the aftermarket type. The only reason they were replaced that truck at the company was to upgrade to the new 5500 Chevy's with the I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) 18,500 GVW where as mine is only 15,000GVW. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the soot trap, put on some sort of cold air, most likley K and N if they make one, and do a pretty mellow 4 inch exhuast, definitley a crossover and downpipe, since thsoe are an absolute joke on these trucks. A turbo master wouldn't be bad either. I really want to get a boost, EGT, and tranny temp gauge for it though before I do anything though, no need to blow up a motor cause of cheaping out on a few gauges. This truck's never ever been overheated, and actually the whole time I've had it the motors never really gotten above 200-210, maybe a hair over but only for a second or so. I think the biggest problem is as these trucks got older, people drove them like they had gas motors in them, which is a big NO NO in these 6.5's. You gotta let them warm up. These newer diesels are a completley different beast, drive it hard and put away wet. Regardless, my dad had a 6.2 in his 86 1/2 ton, which is essentially the same motor, and he had no problems, just the basic oil, glow plugs and IP pump which went out around 300,000 miles on him. Gotta love Chevy's!

redneck farmer
07-22-2008, 06:21 AM
Nice looking truck I have a 99 3500 with the 454 vortex gas in it. My truck is the same exact cab and chassis as yours. I bought it this spring and just have not had time to do any work on it yet, my real job takes too much time. It looks like that is a 2wd as I was trying to look at the front end. Mine is and I plan on putting a plow on it for the winter. Nice job from beginning to end on the truck the chrome simulators make all the difference.

cat320
07-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Green Team Landscaping....This is what the truck looked like the day I picked it up, I can't upload any more pictures for some reason, so scroll up a few replies and I have about 20 after pictures of the truck. Yes it does feel good using it everyday, my dad and I built the truck for me, so it has everything I want. I'm getting a 9 foot Fisher m/m for it in the next month or so...so we'll see how it plows.

If anyone wants to see more pictures of the truck let me know what you want to see and I'll snap pictures of it and post them here!

That is why those colors on the truck looked so familiar. Your farther work there long? does he know chet clevleand?

DieselOnly
07-22-2008, 12:26 PM
It looks like that is a 2wd as I was trying to look at the front end.

All C3500HD's are. They have the solid I beam front axle. Normal (88+) C/K trucks have IFS.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the soot trap, put on some sort of cold air, most likley K and N if they make one, and do a pretty mellow 4 inch exhuast, definitley a crossover and downpipe, since thsoe are an absolute joke on these trucks.

Stay away from the K&N. Your stock filter set-up is just about perfect with these trucks. Don't even waste your time with aftermarket intakes. They suck hot air from under the hood. It might be worth it of you had an intercooler, but then I wouldn't go with a K&N. I think for my intake I'm just going to put an elbow on it going to a 97+ paper cone filter, and make a box to block the heat out.

DUSTYCEDAR
07-22-2008, 12:32 PM
great work your hired

J&R Landscaping
07-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Nice truck! How many miles on it?

RedMax Man
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Nice dump truck! Paint the cab and dump black and add diamond plate under body boxes. maybe some steps too. That would be sharp looking imo.

Impressions Landscaping
07-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Redmax...I'm almost positive I'm goign to keep the truck that same color, the company my dad works for is about thirty miles away from here, and they don't mind that I have the same color truck as they do. I clean the truck a lot, but with the black it'll be a pain to keep clean, the dump body and chrome wheels are hard enough. I do have a set of underbody box's hanging around, just the plain painted black ones, I don't want to put them on, I either want to do the polished aluminum or the diamond plate...I'm leaning towards the polished since it'll be easier to keep clean. By the way...I saw you in Lowell on Monday around 4:00 around Aiken street. PM me, I'd like to see that Stander you have since I'm interested in picking one up.

J&R...roughly 189,000....runs like new and is pretty clean.

RedMax Man
07-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Redmax...I'm almost positive I'm goign to keep the truck that same color, the company my dad works for is about thirty miles away from here, and they don't mind that I have the same color truck as they do. I clean the truck a lot, but with the black it'll be a pain to keep clean, the dump body and chrome wheels are hard enough. I do have a set of underbody box's hanging around, just the plain painted black ones, I don't want to put them on, I either want to do the polished aluminum or the diamond plate...I'm leaning towards the polished since it'll be easier to keep clean. By the way...I saw you in Lowell on Monday around 4:00 around Aiken street. PM me, I'd like to see that Stander you have since I'm interested in picking one up.

J&R...roughly 189,000....runs like new and is pretty clean.

Yeah black is a chore to keep clean. Were you wearn an Exmark T-shirt? LOL thats cool you saw me. Was in the truck?

Impressions Landscaping
07-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Cat320....I'd say my dad's been there long...21 years now. He said he knows of him, I guess he worked there before him as a salesman. PM me so I can see if you know my dad.

STIHL GUY
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
nice truck

RedMax Man
10-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Buddy Bump:waving:

PORTER 05
10-22-2008, 06:27 PM
im looking at a 2001 GMC Classic Sierra 3500 HD DUMP TRUCK SL with the : 5.7L 8 Cyl. Engine with 42,000 miles
its got a plow on it, how do these trucks drive in the snow/ice do they suck???

thanks

DUSTYCEDAR
10-22-2008, 06:58 PM
You can cheep out and just put a piece of diamond plate on the door of the black boxs and it still looks good
tow trucks do it all the time

Impressions Landscaping
10-22-2008, 11:57 PM
im looking at a 2001 GMC Classic Sierra 3500 HD DUMP TRUCK SL with the : 5.7L 8 Cyl. Engine with 42,000 miles
its got a plow on it, how do these trucks drive in the snow/ice do they suck???

thanks

I don't have a plow on this truck, but I have driven it in the snow...actually the first time I drove it, I took it home for a weekend to see how much I liked it and it was during a blizzard. No complaints even though its a 2wd truck, drove fine...put a ton or two of sand in the back and your all set.

Impressions Landscaping
10-22-2008, 11:58 PM
You can cheep out and just put a piece of diamond plate on the door of the black boxs and it still looks good
tow trucks do it all the time

Haha believe it or not I was just looking at side box's today for the truck...I don't want to put on the black ones at all, I'm gonna save those for my trailer. I'll prob buy new diamond plate boxes.

RedMax Man
10-24-2008, 12:13 AM
doing what it does best... working

atasteofnature
10-24-2008, 12:17 AM
nice truck!

Kennedy Landscaping
10-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Nice truck, how about some pictures of the "back"

Lawn Enforcer
10-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Sweet truck, I can't wait to get a 1 ton dump, I can think of many uses for one right now.

PlatinumLandCon
10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Man that truck must be mighty fast. 0-60 before lunch or does it take the whole day? LOL kidding

Truck is sharp! I know a guy that bought a 3500HD new in 99 and its still kickin'. That thing would pay for itself in a month based on the numbers you stated, great buy!

deere615
10-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Nice pics are you guys mowing lawns together now too?

RedMax Man
10-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice pics are you guys mowing lawns together now too?

Sometimes if one of us needs to catch up or needs help. Not consistently.

RedMax Man
10-24-2008, 10:11 PM
This morning. Brisk..brrr

Kennedy Landscaping
10-24-2008, 10:13 PM
What kind of a project is going on in those pictures?

deere615
10-24-2008, 10:44 PM
ya what are you doing now, that is a pretty nice bobcat

RedMax Man
10-24-2008, 10:45 PM
What kind of a project is going on in those pictures?

Rain water drain pipes in a trench thru a parking lot on one of my dads projects.

Runner
10-25-2008, 12:00 AM
TOO cool! Man, you are on the right track. Keep up the good work!

Impressions Landscaping
10-25-2008, 02:46 AM
I will get pictures of the back of the truck up as soon as I get five mins to clean the truck since its a filthy mess...the inside is actually cleaner than outside, Micah can vouche for that. And Micah..thank you for not posting the picture of me with the thumb of the machine stuck to my side board....lol

With the power issue...I really can't complain, it does what I want it to do, with absolutley no hiccups. The truck really gets worked everyday, since I've bought it I've babied it but worked it at the same time almost everyday...where as the company that had it before didn't work it as hard. I'll never get a truck thats under 15,000GVW after owning this one.

Impressions Landscaping
10-25-2008, 02:51 AM
I'll throw a few more up myself...

Junior M
10-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Did you have a problem with the thumb and getting less and less curl because of it? It looks like you were struggling with it back on page 5 because it was seeping down...

PlatinumLandCon
10-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Nice to see chains on the mini-x. Truck looks great man!

Impressions Landscaping
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
I can't say I've had problems with the thumb, that one actually sits up in the dipper better than most....that isn't my machine so theres no confusion though. And yes, there are chains on the machine...no straps. I grew up watching my dad chain down machines so I do know how to do it the right way.

Junior M
10-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I meant seeping down,, bobcat thumbs seep real fast for some reason, We have to pull ours up about every 15min when were running the 335... It just looked like you werent getting alot of curl because of the thumb seeping down...

Impressions Landscaping
10-26-2008, 01:10 AM
I didn't have a problem with the thumb coming down on its own....your problem could be a hydraulic. That machine is a rental and it has about 150 hours on it. I rent it all the time, how many are on yours? If its seeping down it could be a bad 0-ring or seal in the piston...it could need rebuilding.

cat320
10-26-2008, 09:30 AM
I'll throw a few more up myself...

I never really saw the back of your dump but you definatly have quite the light set up for rear stop,tail and turn .do I count on each side pluse a stobe and back up light?

Junior M
10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
I didn't have a problem with the thumb coming down on its own....your problem could be a hydraulic. That machine is a rental and it has about 150 hours on it. I rent it all the time, how many are on yours? If its seeping down it could be a bad 0-ring or seal in the piston...it could need rebuilding.
It could be a bad o-ring... As for hours last time I checked I believe it was 660, when and if we buy it in the spring I want to put a different brand thumb on it, this one gets in the way when loading trucks and stuff like that, When loading a dump trailer you will have the bucket curled all the way up so you dont spill any dirt, and by the time you get over the truck the bucket is back to being flat and you lose half of your bucket of dirt, really not the way to save time..

The thumb on the 335 seeps down just as bad as the thumb on the Bobcat 430 we sometimes rent, the 430 only has 500 hours on it and it sits in the rental yard more than it does anything so I am not really sure what the problem could be....

Impressions Landscaping
10-26-2008, 06:02 PM
I never really saw the back of your dump but you definatly have quite the light set up for rear stop,tail and turn .do I count on each side pluse a stobe and back up light?

The red lights are my stop, turn, and flashers, the white light is a back-up light as well as a spot light if I want it. Its on a switch so if I want I can use it as a spot light with the truck off, or when the trucks put in reverse the lights turn on. I had to put in a diode so the power wouldnt back-feed into the reverse light wire or the switch for it to be a spot light. The yellow lights are alternating lights, looks just like a school bus when you turn it on. It's quite the set-up when its lit up at night. On the back of the truck its got 9 running lights, 6 brake lights, 2 back up/spot lights, and 1 set of alternating flashers.

I have some lights for the running boards on the truck that I haven't put on yet because I want to put on newer running boards. When I have time I would like to put some lights on the ribs of the dump body...I just gotta find the time.

RedMax Man
10-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Tis the season...

cat320
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
wow is that at your house ? that must be an awful big door to get that truck out.wish i had a shop that big have to do all my stuff outside.

newtostone
10-27-2008, 12:35 PM
wow is that at your house ? that must be an awful big door to get that truck out.wish i had a shop that big have to do all my stuff outside.

HAHAHA Please tell me your have the largest overhead door ever and didn't build yourself in. Thats the first thing I thought of as well. Looks good and best of luck with leaves this season.

Impressions Landscaping
10-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Haha yes that is my shop and yes I can get the truck out no problem. The doors are 12 foot doors and the truck empty is around 11 foot 3, so it fits with no problem. The shop itself is a 30x60 two bay shop....I get a great deal on it...a literally smoking deal that cannot be passed up.

cat320
10-28-2008, 01:09 AM
30x60 that is nice .sounds like it would fit my machine in there nice.you will have to post some more pics of it.

RedMax Man
10-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Now its painted!

Petr51488
10-28-2008, 11:44 PM
You might want a drop hitch for your trailer. It might be the picture, but it looks a little high up front.

Impressions Landscaping
10-29-2008, 12:42 AM
You might want a drop hitch for your trailer. It might be the picture, but it looks a little high up front.

I thought about putting on one of those recievers you bolt onto the back of the truck until one of my ex-employees smashed the front of my trailer by jack knifing the truck. So now I'm gonna have my dad fix the front of the trailer this winter and drop the trailer itself so I don't have to put a drop hitch on the truck. I also want to increase the tounge of the trailer since mine's pretty short...right around 3 feet. I want to keep the pintle hook where it is so when I put bobcats or mini excavators on the back of the truck they will sit level. Plus one of my buddies houses I'm in and out of all the time wouldn't make the pitch of the driveway if my trailer sat 2 inches lower in the front.

RedMax Man
10-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Light setup...

Petr51488
10-30-2008, 12:41 AM
I thought about putting on one of those recievers you bolt onto the back of the truck until one of my ex-employees smashed the front of my trailer by jack knifing the truck. So now I'm gonna have my dad fix the front of the trailer this winter and drop the trailer itself so I don't have to put a drop hitch on the truck. I also want to increase the tounge of the trailer since mine's pretty short...right around 3 feet. I want to keep the pintle hook where it is so when I put bobcats or mini excavators on the back of the truck they will sit level. Plus one of my buddies houses I'm in and out of all the time wouldn't make the pitch of the driveway if my trailer sat 2 inches lower in the front.

Gotcha, didn't know it was a pintle setup.

RedMax Man
10-30-2008, 12:43 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------

grassman88
05-18-2011, 01:12 PM
realy like this truck sorry for bringing up an old thread but do you still have the truck and if so have you done anything else to it?

Impressions Landscaping
05-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Grassman, I still have the truck. Not much has changed on it. Added some lights, LED lightbar, a 9ft Fisher on the front. The trucks going in at the end of July to get the frame and body sandblasted, as well as two new front fenders and two new doors and having the entire truck re-painted. Then it will be sent out to be lettered. I'll see if I can dig up some recent pictures of it for you.

grassman88
05-18-2011, 01:59 PM
thanks i just bought a 3500hd how does it plow? the one i got has the plow wiring and pushplate just need to get the plow. have you had any problems with the motor? im going to relocate the PMD just so i wont havt to worry about that. i need to get some pics of mine soon i would love to see some more pics your truck looks real nice!!!

Puddle of Oil
05-18-2011, 03:57 PM
How's redmax man doing? He does not visit much anymore.

Impressions Landscaping
05-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Grassman, no issues plowing. The truck does just fine doing city streets. I do a few level driveways with it as well, but wouldn't use it for anything other than wide open parking lots and streets. It's just to bulky to get around. Throw a few ton of material in the back of the truck and your good to go. Also make sure you have a decent set of rear tires on the truck as well.

I'll post a few pictures of the truck later on.

grassman88
05-18-2011, 07:37 PM
ill have a sander with 2+ yards of sand salt mix in it while plowing so i hope it will do a decent job i plow a few drives and the rest is lots. what color you painting your truck? i love the color it is now sticks out from just a normal solid color

nightshutter
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
nice job on the truck!

bobcat48
05-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Looks great,nice dump!