PDA

View Full Version : Slw15

Kiril
07-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Am I seeing things, or is it true. Putting in an order at Ewing and I finally see the SLW15 available, well kinda (not in stock), but it is still listed.

EagleLandscape
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Listed, and actually available are two different things. It's listed at supply houses here, but as of the other month weren't shipping. I heard something about July/August release date though.

Could be your dream come true Kiril:)

Mike Leary
07-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Are you tight enough with your branch to get a "test unit"?

EagleLandscape
07-21-2008, 03:51 PM
I got mine from the WM factory. I don't know about branch. They are great guys, but I don't know if the branch has one yet.

I will say I have had ZERO problems with my slw15. Works great in any direction, no having to tilt and manuever like other wireless sensors. Had it for a few months now I think. Works great, and landscape has never looked better.

Kiril
07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Listed, and actually available are two different things. It's listed at supply houses here, but as of the other month weren't shipping. I heard something about July/August release date though.

My dream is to have Weathermatic actually release a product on time. How long has this been pending release, a year or more?

Mike Leary
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
My dream is to have Weathermatic actually release a product on time. How long has this been pending release, a year or more?

Their prolly so gunshy after the solenoid crash that the last thing they need is
another failure.

EagleLandscape
07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I'd rather them make sure the product was top notch and delay the release date, rather than hitting a deadline with a crappy product.

Are we going to agree again Kiril?

WHOOAAA!! This might be twice in one day!!:cool2::cool2::cool2:

Mike Leary
07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Are we going to agree again Kiril

Whoa, irrigation bonding?

Kiril
07-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Whoa, irrigation bonding?

Not likely, unless........

Kiril
07-22-2008, 12:57 AM
I'd rather them make sure the product was top notch and delay the release date, rather than hitting a deadline with a crappy product.

Yea, just like Bill Gates did with Vista. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck14.gif

Kiril
07-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Finally got an answer from my Ewing guy ..... it is shipping and in stock in one of their branches.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-25-2008, 04:57 AM
Finally got an answer from my Ewing guy ..... it is shipping and in stock in one of their branches.

You be our guinea pig.

Wet_Boots
07-25-2008, 06:35 AM
....and take photos....

EagleLandscape
07-25-2008, 07:29 AM
You be our guinea pig.

ive had the thing for months now, working perfectly. not one problem, full antenna reception.

SO EASY TO INSTALL (what a time saver).

easy to mount as well

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-25-2008, 07:35 AM
ive had the thing for months now, working perfectly. not one problem, full antenna reception.

SO EASY TO INSTALL (what a time saver).

easy to mount as well

I'm assuming since it is wireless it will eat up the battery faster. Let me know how long before battery replacement occurs. Months is not a real test. Having a 100 out there working for several years is a test.

Before I will install I need to know the % that will be bad right out of the box.
How long before service will occur.

Mike Leary
07-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Before I will install I need to know the % that will be bad right out of the box.How long before service will occur.

I don't think I'll be putting our Rain Masters on E-Bay quite yet. :rolleyes:

Kiril
07-25-2008, 11:46 AM

Guess my guy jumped the gun. Update is shipping in the early August, prolly won't see it until end of August.

Mike Leary
07-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Update is shipping in the early August, prolly won't see it until end of August.

What year?

Kiril
07-26-2008, 12:00 AM
What year?

Good point. :wall