PDA

View Full Version : Are gas prices affecting your business???

datcajunboy
07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Hello I am new to the site and was considering starting me a business down here in the sunny state of florida where everyone now days has a lawn service. I was wondering are the increase gas prices affecting anyone's business? Are you having to increase your prices OR do you have a lot of customers dropping service and doing it theirselves?

Now days you can't just take $3 dollars and fill up a 5 gallon gas tank so how is everyone handling this issue?

Thanks in advance.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
07-21-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm am eating a lot of expense,people say charge more well it sounds easy the cost of living is breaking me,

Back2Back
07-21-2008, 05:08 PM
I always add a couple dollars to my bid for gas. It seems to help. Good Luck

rachel
07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
If gas prices are affecting you, you are not setting your prices right.

GreenAcresLC
07-21-2008, 07:22 PM
I know gas prices aren't killing me yet, just have to bid a little extra on the job to cover...however, a downturning economy is starting to take its toll. I have/had a few customers that work/worked in a DANA plant; a plant that has recently announced that it will be closing soon. Which is the first expense that gets cut? That's right, the lawn dude...can't say I blame them, and I fully understand that their outta work, and can't afford it anymore. It just sucks.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
lol,gas is killing everyone on this site,oil buy the case is over $40 bucks here castrol,Pennzoil,it used to be $20,the fuel has tripled in the last 5 years.....

billslawn89
07-21-2008, 09:38 PM
i know its affecting my biz! just today, 75.00 in the truck and 26.00 in the turf tiger.wtf..its hard to raise prices here in florida cuz of all the mother fu**ing lowballers around with their crapsman mowers on a trailer being pulled by their station wagon thinking they are a lawn care company! wtf..

tamadrummer
07-21-2008, 09:47 PM
i know its affecting my biz! just today, 75.00 in the truck and 26.00 in the turf tiger.wtf..its hard to raise prices here in florida cuz of all the mother fu**ing lowballers around with their crapsman mowers on a trailer being pulled by their station wagon thinking they are a lawn care company! wtf..

If that ain't the truth! I cannot believe how many more LCOs I am seeing today! I never see many on monday morning on my way into Dade City, and this morning I passed 4 on one corner each doing a different doctors office.

It really burns me up to see some of the commercial properties being cut by Jim-Billy and his troy-bilt tractor leaving a bale of hay with every pass and no intention on going back to spread it and mulch it up or rake it and get rid of it.

One the other day just did big circles around a gully and left what looked like 3 or 4 cu/yds of clippings in the bottom of the rain trench so that it plugs up all of the culverts on its way down 301 South.

Yes, gas prices are killing most of us but you have to keep plugging away and show that you will be there as promised every time you say you will be and the business will come to you.

billslawn89
07-21-2008, 09:55 PM
some of my clients yards that i did today, the grass was so tall that the first time i cut it, clumps of grass everywhere, so i goes and double cut the lawn so it looks good, even though this was a snow bird and they will never see the mess, but i always say, somebody is watching, and that could be a new client seeing what kind of job i do! i agree with tamadrummer about the yo-yo's cutting and leaving the place looking like crap...its unreal..they just don't care...oh, must be the mother fu**er charging 10.00..wtf