PDA

View Full Version : From rider to WB, am I to spoiled?

stevenf
07-21-2008, 09:06 PM
I will be needing a commercial mower for next season and I am really liking the Quick duallys. I was thinking of getting a 36" as my primary unit.
Right now I have a 44" ztrider. The new quick goes 7.2mph, my rider goes about 5mph. so all in all, the 8" difference between the two is kind of off set by the top speeds.
So looking at these two mowers as the same productivity, am I to spoiled to downgrade to a WB? I started with the rider and have never used a WB. Will standing up tire me out more? Does it hurt your back/joints?

STIHL GUY
07-21-2008, 10:24 PM
it will tire you out more but with a hydro and a sulky you will be fine

stevenf
07-21-2008, 10:40 PM
For someone like myself, looking into smaller commercial accounts starting next season, would a 36" hydro WB be a smart move?

m&mmowing
07-22-2008, 01:48 PM
yeah, i think you'll like it, we went from a 44" or so to a 61" and a 36", i enjoy the 36", it's an exmark, and it's a beauty, very little maintenance problems, just a solid mower, and you'll probably have better cuts, and be more productive being able to get in smaller gates in a backyard

STIHL GUY
07-24-2008, 09:24 PM
a 36'' would be a good buy. i have 2 lawns that suck to mow the back with a 21'' cause the 48'' doesnt fit. I wish i had a 36'' for those lawns

Big C
07-25-2008, 08:52 AM
I will be needing a commercial mower for next season and I am really liking the Quick duallys. I was thinking of getting a 36" as my primary unit.
Right now I have a 44" ztrider. The new quick goes 7.2mph, my rider goes about 5mph. so all in all, the 8" difference between the two is kind of off set by the top speeds.
So looking at these two mowers as the same productivity, am I to spoiled to downgrade to a WB? I started with the rider and have never used a WB. Will standing up tire me out more? Does it hurt your back/joints?

I started out with a Q36 single hydro w/ stepsaver and it work fine....then I bought an Exmark Lazer 46" and doubled my productivity.....not as tired also..
standing on a sulkey all day takes it's toll.....especially on hot La. days