PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new commercial mower

cardinals08
07-21-2008, 10:59 PM
I need advice on which commercial mower would be the best for mowing a 3 acre fairly even lawn and 1 acre around a pond levee.

Puddle of Oil
07-22-2008, 01:01 PM
id probably look into a 52"-60",but u also got to factor in ur other lawns as well. idk how big the rest of ur lawns are but id suggest a rider or a stand on. if that helps

All_Toro_4ME
07-22-2008, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't purchase a large deck Z mower for one property. Focus on mowers that have a 36-48 cutting width to diversify better. If you get a wb, get a sulky to go along with it.

SIWEL
07-22-2008, 07:11 PM
i wouldnt buy a large ztr for one property either. i would buy a 52 or 48 hydro wb with a sulky depending on my other properties.

STIHL GUY
07-22-2008, 11:39 PM
a 48'' WB should be fine

dura to the max
07-23-2008, 12:55 AM
you sound like a homeowner to me, not an LCO. if so i would look at the bad boy mowers sold at tractor supply company. they are an extremely well built machine that are considered low end commercial. they have plenty of hp and are plenty rugged for what you mentioned. they are priced about the same as some of the commercial w/b but have a 60" deck, 26hp motor and you get to sit and cut much faster. like i said, if my assumption is correct this is what i would do.

on the other hand, if you are an LCO then i wouldnt buy a big mower just for one property, have mowers that are versatile and you will make tons more than having $$$ tied up in mowers that arent able to be utilized enough to really justify the cost.