PDA

View Full Version : my new website

amor4421
07-22-2008, 12:23 AM
here is my new website. i know its not fancy but i think it will work for now.

edgetoedge-lm.com

tell me what you think.

ropinghorns
07-22-2008, 12:33 AM
I can't get it to work.

amor4421
07-22-2008, 10:02 AM
sorry try http://edgetoedge-lm.com
see if that works.

kleankutslawn
07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
looks good amor4421.you got it up quick!

amor4421
07-22-2008, 10:50 AM
thanks klean. i did it in about 2 days. I am gonna add more pics in a little while. i know it is not really high end but it should do for now. I just need to find out how to get it out there and seen. but thanks.

kleankutslawn
07-23-2008, 01:26 AM
turf troll is pretty good,i don't know how much he charges

WebMan
07-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Looks nice etc. BUT it lacks SALES...:confused:
Of course if it's bringing you great results don't change a thing...BUT what I get from the landing page is just that you are a good lawn care company--period--no reason for me to keep reading or contact you, I am Joe Customer and I have looked at 2 web sites and have more in my other tab on Google so one click and I'm off to look at other sites.

Always remember the "8 second rule". You have 8 seconds from the time I see your landing page to decide if I am going to stay or go. You have to give me something that gets my interest enough to keep reading (one constructive criticism is your small text is too small-hard to read, don't make me look for my reading glasses)

So my suggestion would be to take that opening line about "what you are" and change the wording so what you are really gets me interested. As is it's just a flat statement. Give me a reason that a "Reliable, Dependable, Professional lawn maintenance company. We strive to dedicate all of our resources to each and every customer." grabs my attention and makes me think I'm on to something I'm looking for. A simple example is

"Great to see you...YOU are our most important customer and we devote ALL our resources to you... your lawn is the envy of the neighborhood thanks to our reliable, professional service."

Now I'm not saying that's what you should use, I only devoted 10 seconds of thought to it. Hmm...admit it, we all want to be the envy of someone-natural human emotion, and most likely someone seeking lawn care wants a great looking lawn the neighbors envy even if they won't admit it.

As a marketing and sales trainer the most important thing for any service business is an SOB (not your helper)
That's a Statement of Benefit. You need one statement, a single sentence that tells me the greatest benefit of using you instead of someone else.
This applies to anybody in any service business from plumbing to lawn care. It heads all your advertising--flyers, newspaper, and most importantly web site.
You need to think of how all the features you mention can be turned into benefits for me. Features don't sell-benefits do. It's taking a feature like "dependable schedule" on your home page and making it a benefit "never worry-we'll be there" Again, only 5 seconds thought there.... but see the difference? One is a statement or feature--flat--"dependable service" ... the second "never worry" is a benefit for me; I don't have to worry about my lawn; and that's a reason I might want to call you. :cool:

amor4421
07-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks webman. I will give it more thought and thanks again for all your help.

JoyofFluidFilm
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks webman. I will give it more thought and thanks again for all your help.

I thought your website looked pretty awesome, considering the fact that you only spent 2 days on it.

But , hey, Webman gave some really good advice...

:cool2:

JohnnyRoyale
08-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Do you have any examples of good sites WebMan?