PDA

View Full Version : any ideas for this wall

TPnTX
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
I am supposed to do something with this place. I think the wall is the biggest problem.

My idea is to bust it out and replace with moss boulders. Kind-of moderize the place some.

Any ideas?

tinye
07-22-2008, 02:23 PM
without looking at the style of the house and only knowing it is in the shade(moss boulders) , maybe a sculpture garden area. Use sedge, shade loving, evergreen, river pebbles, and some kind of pottery as an accent to the sitting area, if that is a sitting area. Hope this helps. Good Luck

TPnTX
07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
thats inspiring, thanks. Not sure how long the pots would last not being nailed down but it's another direction to consider for sure.

Here is what I'd come up with.

mississippiturf
07-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Limestone, about 16" high.

White Gardens
07-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't know, I kind of like it. It's a nice highth for sitting, it's just unfortunate it faces a road, and isn't in a back yard.

Bigred350
07-22-2008, 05:30 PM
looks like to me the wall isnt serving any purpose other than looks. Can you not remove it, regrade and install new sod or make it bed.

tinye
07-23-2008, 08:02 AM
I like your 3d, more naturalistic than modern. That crape myrtle needs full sun. Is this in shade?

JimLewis
07-28-2008, 04:35 AM
I don't know man. That's a pretty freakin' sweet wall. Someone took a lot of time building that. It would be a shame to tear that down.

I like Tinye's idea. As for the pots, they just need drain holes in the bottom (sides) and concrete wall block adhesive would keep them where you put them. Really, Tinye's idea is just a start. It could even look way better than that. A few nice ornamental trees to accent the corners, some nicer shrubs mixed in, some boulder work mixed in, less lawn above the wall, that could really look sweet!

JohnnyRoyale
07-28-2008, 07:54 AM
How about refacing it with random square cut flagstone + what Jim said. It would be a shame to bust the whole thing out.

Edgewater
07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
That wall is 50's modern and cool. I would do some linear plantings with shade plants like

Ligularia
Huechera
Tiarella
Dogwood