PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me with a problem?

ABeautifulCutAboveInc.
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I have a customer that has a problem with his irrigation. He has a 7 zone sytem, rain bird pro c control box. His home is run on a well, not city water. When I open the valve coming off his well, the entire system comes on. No matter if the system is off at the box or not. I turned it on, off, manual, everything. The customer told me before this happened, lightning hit close by and fried his neigbors garage door opener. Is this the control box?:confused:

Bigred350
07-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Unplug the timer and turn the water on. If all zones still come on then it would be the valves. If they are all off then the timer is fried.

Wet_Boots
07-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Have you ever seen the system in normal operation?

Mike Leary
07-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Crap in diaphragms or solenoid ports. In a electrical situation, reverse flow valves fail closed, forward flow fail open. Have you proved OHMs & 24-volt at valve?

Dirty Water
07-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Perhaps the mythical Rainbird Pro-C is always hot on all zones.

:)

Wet_Boots
07-22-2008, 08:08 PM

:)And it comes with a four amp transformer?

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-22-2008, 08:17 PM

*trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag*

lol nice boys

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-22-2008, 08:34 PM

Ditto.......

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-22-2008, 08:35 PM
I have a customer that has a problem with his irrigation. He has a 7 zone sytem, rain bird pro c control box. His home is run on a well, not city water. When I open the valve coming off his well, the entire system comes on. No matter if the system is off at the box or not. I turned it on, off, manual, everything. The customer told me before this happened, lightning hit close by and fried his neigbors garage door opener. Is this the control box?:confused:

He's in FL could have a FIMCO.

BrandonV
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Crap in diaphragms or solenoid ports. In a electrical situation, reverse flow valves fail closed, forward flow fail open. Have you proved OHMs & 24-volt at valve?
second on the crap, probably not scrubber valves

michigander
07-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I once had lightning damage on a controller, that their was power to all the zones. Had to replace the controller. Never had it happen to a Rainbird RC controller. Is the controller a "Hunter" Pro C? I would bet on controller damage!

Waterit
07-22-2008, 10:30 PM
He's in FL could have a FIMCO.

FIMCO would only flow one zone at a time.

How about some help on my little wiring problem posted in the Something I've never seen before thread? PLEASE?!?

Mike Leary
07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
How about some help on my little wiring problem posted in the Something I've never seen before thread? PLEASE?!?

Get in line.

geardriven
07-23-2008, 03:11 AM
an indexing valve could possibly flow out multiple zones. Unlikely, but possible. There would have to be some serious crap in that valve to hang up. I've seen older Fimco's warped to where the disk didn't seal off the other zones.

One valve coming off the well???

AI Inc
07-23-2008, 07:12 AM
One valve coming off the well???

I think he,s talking ball valve.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Kind of annoying when we have a thread starter who doesn't come back with a follow up status report.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc.
07-23-2008, 08:06 AM
No, I've never seen the system in action. I just got the account a couple weeks ago. I'm positive there not suppose to come on at one time. When they come on, there's not enought pressure to barely get a couple of the heads to pop up. Yes, it is a ball valve coming out of the well. Sorry, for not responding back so quick, ate dinner last night and fell out! I didn't try unhooking the control box. So if I unhook the control box and the irrigation comes on, the valvels are bad? All the valves could go out at one time? Could the cylinoids be stuck? Thanks for the replies, I'll respond back late this afternoon after work.

irrig8r
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
I think the problem is with the sillynoids... I mean cylinoids.... or maybe adenoids...

But who knows. I can't remember ever seeing or hearing about lightning strikes anywhere around here.