PDA

View Full Version : bed edgers, any feedback?

shade tree landscaping
07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Anyone use the gas powered bed edgers? are they hard to get used to? do they leave the same nice clean, crisp edges as a shovel does? Thinking of getting one, if they work good and save time. Just wanted to hear some peoples feed back before I search the area for one to try and maybe eventually purchase. thanks in advance.

progressivelawncare
07-22-2008, 10:41 PM
post this in the commercial landscaping forum

i've been wondering about them as well, they talk about them alot on that one. i haven't bought one yet but they seem to like them over there.

Big Red Ferris
07-22-2008, 10:58 PM
i use the brown bed edgers i like em there fassst and good work, they gota honda on em there wicked expensive and ez trench has a good line for price wise

Exact Rototilling
07-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Have you tried Trenchblades on your stick edger?

:waving:

LAwnpro13
07-24-2008, 08:30 AM
I have a Brown and LOVE it, well worth the price tag! It will give you far more more consistant edge then a shaovel and be a least 10 times faster. Keep an extra set of belts with you when you have it at the job site, it always finds a massive tree root at the worst time. It will slice right thru a normal root but watch for those 4" monsters, they take the belts right NOW!!! Been there done that a couple times LOL

Dennis

DLAWNS
07-24-2008, 10:44 AM
I purchased a few trenchblades this season and it was the best thing I did. I love them. I think they are pretty cheap, too.

shade tree landscaping
07-24-2008, 04:49 PM
whats a trenchable blade? whats it look like, what makes it different then the regular blade on an edger? I have never heard of them before, but would def try them out, they are alot more freindly on my pocket than a bed edger

Lazer_Z
07-24-2008, 05:44 PM
whats a trenchable blade? whats it look like, what makes it different then the regular blade on an edger? I have never heard of them before, but would def try them out, they are alot more freindly on my pocket than a bed edger Here ya go http://www.trenchblade.com/

Exact Rototilling
07-24-2008, 05:46 PM
http://www.trenchblade.com/photographs/

http://www.trenchblade.com/videos/

Trenchblade
07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
whats a trenchable blade? whats it look like, what makes it different then the regular blade on an edger? I have never heard of them before, but would def try them out, they are alot more freindly on my pocket than a bed edger
let me know if you have any more ? that the website did not answer.

daveintoledo
07-29-2008, 02:53 PM
i can rent a bed edger for 35 bucks, and do two to three yards in two hours (thats a two hour rental for 35 bucks)........... one yard would take all day, and i mean alot of bed edging, , around everything... and i charge 250a yard for it..

Trenchblade
07-29-2008, 02:59 PM
i can rent a bed edger for 35 bucks, and do two to three yards in two hours (thats a two hour rental for 35 bucks)........... one yard would take all day, and i mean alot of bed edging, , around everything... and i charge 250a yard for it..

do you mean all day with a shovel or a trenchblade?

J&A Lawn Care
07-30-2008, 10:34 AM
I am sure he was talking about a shovel.BTW I just ordered me a few trenchblades to try out

Trenchblade
07-30-2008, 02:18 PM
I am sure he was talking about a shovel.BTW I just ordered me a few trenchblades to try out
Great , let me know how they work out for you.