PDA

View Full Version : Where's the AC Delco filters?

bob
01-16-2002, 09:08 PM
I've been noticing that the AC Delco oil and air filters are getting harder to find. Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Western Auto and Advanced Auto (to name a few) Have little or no selection of these filters. Wal Mart has even condensed their shelfs of these products. Some one told me that GM was behind this, in order to get the car owner to the dealer to purchace the filter or have the dealer install them. I have yet to see an AC delco filter for my Duramax on any shelf.

odin
01-16-2002, 10:21 PM
BOB

althought i could be wrong I think ac delco was spun off from gm in the delphi spinoff.

danzig
01-20-2002, 09:18 PM
So what if you cant find an ac delco oil filter for your dmax. Dont put in a fram either. Purchase a wix, fleetguard, hastings or some brand along those lines. If ac wont make their products easy to find then why buy them.

Andy Miller
01-20-2002, 09:46 PM
DITTO. Plenty of other good and inexpensive filters out there. For warrenty, keep good records. Dealer will use ANY excuse to not make repairs.

jc1
01-21-2002, 07:52 PM
I believe the oil filter for the duramax is only used on the duramax engine at this point so it may be hard to come across unless at a dealer or auto supply store.

bob
01-21-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by danzig
Dont put in a fram either

After reading this, http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/oil_filter_study/ I never bought Fram again!

danzig
01-26-2002, 01:54 AM
Look up the amzoil website and you will find all kinds of info there. I highly recommend their oil and filters.

odin
01-26-2002, 02:04 AM
danzig

I agree on amsoil thats all i use in everything mowers ,trucks and two cycle stuff. and we use their air and oil filters to.
If you pay a 20$a year membership you can get discounts on everything.

MountaineerTom
02-01-2002, 03:59 PM
The Wal-Mart in my town has a pretty good selection of the AC-Delco filters. That's where I get my PF-59's for my Silverado. Usually the cheapest too. :)