PDA

View Full Version : check out my ride...

dhess
07-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm still trying to find the right puller cart (maybe one day I can move up to a golf cart) :laugh:

It pulls on grass, but its not going to hit mach 3 with those little wheels (sure beats carrying all the stuff).

http://www.n-siderecords.com/lawnsite/myride.jpg

It works great when moving up and down properties like below where there is very little safe parking room.

http://www.n-siderecords.com/lawnsite/median.jpg

anyone have any recomendations. I need to be able to fold it into a van or mount it somehow outside vehicle.

Waterit
07-22-2008, 11:58 PM
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=214397-52314-TC4205F&lpage=none

Weld on a piece of 2" square bar so it fits a Reese receiver. Saw one set up like that last week, guy had his fishing stuff on it - rod holders, etc. Be sure to leave enough room for a cooler!

geardriven
07-23-2008, 12:08 AM
What would be nice is a big game cart, arranged to your likings. They fold up and have larger wheels. Might need to put a 3rd smaller wheel on there there or a leg on one end. They're made to haul the weight. Just a thought.

irrig8r
07-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Here's one from API at Bass Pro Shops...http://hires.basspro.com/is/servlet/izoom/BassPro/93929?layer=comp&wid=500&hei=500&fmt=jpeg&qlt=100,0&op_sharpen=0&resMode=trilin&op_usm=1.0,1.0,0.0,0&iccEmbed=0

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-23-2008, 07:15 AM
What's with the crowbar?

Kiril
07-23-2008, 08:29 AM
What's with the crowbar?

Protection from varmits.

irrig8r
07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
What's with the crowbar?

Stubborn valve box lids?

geardriven
07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Fend off the copper/brass thieves?

BrandonV
07-23-2008, 12:25 PM
how about this for a tow vehicle

Green Team Landscaping
07-23-2008, 12:29 PM
how about this for a tow vehicle
I LOVE THOSE!! they have them at nascar all the time. one time when i went with my friend there were like 5

dhess
07-23-2008, 11:22 PM
What's with the crowbar?

you guys kidding me?

And you guys call yourself irrigators? Ohh I forgot you guys just install and don't repair :p j/k

That crowbar is the 2nd best digging tool made to man when your digging up heads, pipes, ect. First use the sharpshooter then clean up around heads with crowbar.

It fits in tight spots, can chip rock away rocks, roots, clay...clean out inbetween wires, between pipes, pry roots away, move rocks, finds valves (magically)...

The bent handle gives you better leverage versus some of the straight bars you can buy to do the same thing.

if I'm doing any digging up repair work I grab my sharpshooter and then my crowbar all the time...

....third tool for me is my battery powered saw for roots (THATS what I chase the varmits and thieves away with)

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-24-2008, 05:19 AM
you guys kidding me?

And you guys call yourself irrigators? Ohh I forgot you guys just install and don't repair :p j/k

That crowbar is the 2nd best digging tool made to man when your digging up heads, pipes, ect. First use the sharpshooter then clean up around heads with crowbar.

It fits in tight spots, can chip rock away rocks, roots, clay...clean out inbetween wires, between pipes, pry roots away, move rocks, finds valves (magically)...

The bent handle gives you better leverage versus some of the straight bars you can buy to do the same thing.

if I'm doing any digging up repair work I grab my sharpshooter and then my crowbar all the time...

....third tool for me is my battery powered saw for roots (THATS what I chase the varmits and thieves away with)

Any particular brand of crowbar you'd recommend?:) We carry a big bad azzz screwdriver for that job.

irrig8r
07-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Ummmm.... what's a sharpshooter?

Kiril
07-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Ummmm.... what's a sharpshooter?

Certainly you jest. (Ewing #28004260)

irrig8r
07-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Oh... a drain spade. I've used long handled trenching shovels since the Zac (http://www.zactool.com/home.html) brand was introduced maybe 20 years ago... Lately it's Kenyon Bullheads...because that's what local distributors carry...

I prefer the leverage of an angled balde and long handle...

irrig8r
07-24-2008, 11:09 AM
from Ewing's website

28004260 SHARPSHOOTER 78 IN INSULATED

not currently available (not clickable) and at about $90 kinda pricey...

Waterit
07-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Used to buy only Razorbacks and Zacs, now I use

28007465 5IN TRENCH SHOVEL POLYMER HNDL

Also from Ewing's site - also not clickable - Nupla handled Zac-type shovel, all I'll ever buy ever again. Also available in round pount and square point, they also have a full line of picks, sledges, axes, etc with the polymer handle.

Mike Leary
07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Kenyon, a little pricey, but do the job.

PushingupDaisies
07-24-2008, 02:51 PM
We really are just a different kind of group of nerds

dhess
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Any particular brand of crowbar you'd recommend?:) We carry a big bad azzz screwdriver for that job.

the crowbar works wonders in clay, rock, roots since you can get a little more leverage chipping away at a hole around heads/rotors/pipe.

I even use it sometimes to straighten up heads or rotors that have been squashed by mowers (not our mowers of course) ;)

I think my pop and I stumbled upon using a crowbar one day because our normal *chipping/digging tool* was lost and we had that sitting around. After using it for a little bit I liked it better than the straight bar we were normally using.

I stole that one from my Dad...its probably been in the family ages

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-24-2008, 07:02 PM
I bet that sharp shooter is heavy....love the cart.