PDA

View Full Version : tell me how to start a landscape construction bussiness?

mr_ban_bungii
07-23-2008, 02:03 AM
ok about me:
I have qualifications in horticulture and also landscape in cert 2 because where I come from we have what you call v cal and all that and you have to work hard and it is extremely hard to get a job with landscape if you have no or to a little of expereince courses are crap compared to doing the real thing like getting out there and getting a job I have excelent opportunities hear and I have to use them.
ok, I am starting landscape through next week and would be cool for me to start and there is no turning back now I have to commit to it after this first step I am going to be working with trucks and bobcats and also dingos to move and remove soil to it diffirence places I need an apprenticeship because nursery that I am doing now is boring as hell.

now I want you to tell me what I need to be able to afford and how much it will cost in melbourne in australia where I come from and please if you can on how much do you think I need to spend on a landscape construction bussiness. thanks....

Isobel
07-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Let me first say, I'm having trouble understanding what you are writing, maybe because you're from another part of the world, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you saying that you're starting with a landscape construction business as a worker right now? Also what qualifications do you have, what sort of landscaping have you done.

To start any sort of business, in my opinion, you have to be a worker for at least 5-10 years before starting out on your own. There are so many variables to consider that are best learned by your own experience, and not learned by reading others' experiences.

White Gardens
07-24-2008, 10:05 AM
I started with all hand tools, a very small trailer, and a truck just big enough to be able to pull small loads. Unless you have a lot of work lined up, you don't need big equipment.

Keeping your initial costs down is going to help you in the long run. I don't know how many times I've seen landscaping companies get large loans to start and then they can't repay them.

Advertise, Advertise, Advertise. With that said, go as cheap as possible when doing so to again keep your over-head down.