PDA

View Full Version : I am looking at buying a mower new or used???

Landscape Warriors
07-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I ma looking at 2 used 36 in toro walk behind 1 is 6 years old $1000the other is unknown $750 or he also has a 44 inch but i am not sure it will fit through most of my fences $1150

or should i go with the 40 inch toro brand new $4055

thanks for you help

All_Toro_4ME
07-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Are you just starting out? Id go with the 36" machine and get a sulky to go along with it. I would have an open mind about a larger unit down the road once you get more accounts and its wide open mowing where you dont have to worry about trying to fit your mower through gates and fences.

bryant lawn & landscape
07-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Get a Quick 36. Their factory is just up the street from you in Winston-Salem. Great mowers and support. http://quick36.com

lawnprosteveo
07-24-2008, 10:50 PM
If the 6yr Toro looks good...go with that one. AllToro is right, you can have one mower thatll get you in and out of back yard gates...later on you'll want a larger one to go with it. But that Toro wb will get you started and make you alot of money.

topsites
07-25-2008, 12:38 AM
First off I would only buy used if you're a DIY'er OR you're inclined to learn.
But on that note you might as well because you about have to learn to fix them yourself anyhow.

So I would get both the 6-year old 36" and the 44"
That way you have a spare mower and you're still out under 2g.

I have always, ever since day one had a spare mower, that is to say at least two and as often three.
Comes in very, very handy.
Maybe even more so with used, but regardless.

They may not always both be in running shape, but I could not tell you the number
of times that has saved my tail when one decided to break down hard.
And if both are broke down I still have a choice as to which one I want to (or can) fix.

OR get both the 36's so you have better size and parts compatibility.