PDA

View Full Version : old pictures of some work done to the house.

Junior M
07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
well here are old pictures i found in my computer of me and my dad working on our yard last summer. the first few are of me and dad putting irrigation in our front yard. there are LOTS more to come!

bobcat_ron
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Tell me that wasn't dug by hand!

Junior M
07-23-2008, 01:57 PM
it was!! we were on a very limited budget! but past what you see was dug with an IHI 28n mini excavator with like 3500 hours on it. it was so crappy that you couldnt steer with both tracks at the same time. haha but that is what i really learnd on.

Junior M
07-23-2008, 02:13 PM
here are some more... being off work sucks!!! i should be grading instead of setting here getting fat!! but anyways here are some pictures of irrigation and then a before of our backyard before they built the pool. and then them building it. yeah i know we build pools and do everything else that has to do with them but this was before we were REALLY doing it.

Gravel Rat
07-23-2008, 09:40 PM
I got roped in to doing a sprinker system with a landscaper friend he needed help to say the least it was the last sprinker system I did. It was all hand dug trenches and its horrible.

Junior M
07-23-2008, 09:42 PM
i am pretty bord so here are some more pics of us working on the back yard...

the ones of the guy on the mini is our nieghbor who had never ran a track hoe so i was teaching him how to dig like you would in hard ground even though we were in really soft sand. the rest are of the pool company half a$$ backfilling it... that is a three hundred dollar backfill there.. but anyways and there is a finish pool with out the backfill in there somewhere.

Junior M
07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
I got roped in to doing a sprinker system with a landscaper friend he needed help to say the least it was the last sprinker system I did. It was all hand dug trenches and its horrible.
yeah hand digging sucks but there was no way we would have been able to that with a machine since it was in a planter and we had to go around my moms plants and stuff. but i love doing irrigation idk why it is just so fun haha

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-23-2008, 09:48 PM
What type of drainage system did you guys use coming off the house, looks like an emitter system?

Junior M
07-23-2008, 10:05 PM
What type of drainage system did you guys use coming off the house, looks like an emitter system?
nope its just solid three inch but once it crosses under the side walk we slid four inch solid corrugated over it and mortared the joint. but it runs to the road in to a grate. the only problem is we didnt have enough fall so the grate has to fill up to empty itself tho.

bobcat_ron
07-23-2008, 10:58 PM
That is one nice looking pool. But that T190 would look better at the bottom of it though.

ksss
07-23-2008, 11:28 PM
That is one nice looking pool. But that T190 would look better at the bottom of it though.

How about under it. Hate for a nice looking pool to be tarnished by a white boat anchor.

Junior M
07-24-2008, 12:28 AM
hahahaha that is what i am starting to think about the 190... after reading about how much happier people are with cat and case. the 190 is really the only machine i been on for more than two hours. i have ran a case 420ct and i really liked it..but i just cant sell my dad on anything but bobcat.. and what is funny he has never had any other thing... well he had two komatsu pc45's but i was only five and could tell you the slop in the boom was horrible!!!

AWJ Services
07-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Hand digging in that dirt would be a cake walk.
Come down here in Ga and get some red concrete.
No shovels allowed just a Pick.LOL

Looks nice.

DUSTYCEDAR
07-24-2008, 10:58 AM
splash............ looks great

bobcat_ron
07-24-2008, 11:55 AM
How about under it. Hate for a nice looking pool to be tarnished by a white boat anchor.

No kidding! http://deephousepage.com/smilies/alc.gif

Chris B.
07-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Do you have any pictures of the pool now that its full and running?

Junior M
07-24-2008, 07:27 PM
yeah here are some pics of the yard almost done except for the shed.......

bobcat_ron
07-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Holy hell, that is nice, I'd love to live in that pool shed.

Junior M
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Holy hell, that is nice, I'd love to live in that pool shed.
thanks... i will get some pics when the siding is put on the shed and the new liner is put in the pool... freakn tornado screwd it all up!!

Chris B.
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Very nice!

One more question, when can I come over and go swimming?

Junior M
07-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Very nice!

One more question, when can I come over and go swimming?
might need some help building a shop soon where that white enclosed car trailer is!!! so bring a hammer and a skidsteer or dump truck!! goin to be a lot of dirt to be moved!! that or we do our specialty a RETAINING WALL!!

dozerman21
07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
yeah here are some pics of the yard almost done except for the shed.......

Looks good! Is that a 14' X 30'?

Junior M
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Looks good! Is that a 14' X 30'?
nah its a 12x16.... i wish it was that big...

dozerman21
07-24-2008, 08:59 PM
nah its a 12x16.... i wish it was that big...

Dayum... I was way off!:laugh: It looks like it's more than 4' longer than it is wide. I've got some Q's about digging a pool that I'll start another thread on some other time...

Junior M
07-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Dayum... I was way off!:laugh: It looks like it's more than 4' longer than it is wide. I've got some Q's about digging a pool that I'll start another thread on some other time...
just pm if you ever need anything like that and i will ask our pool digger or my dad... shoot i might even know or atleast have an idea but i doubt it...

Junior M
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
well these pics arent of the house but they are from our first pool backfill ever... but dont be critical we forgot the lazer and we didnt get to come back the next day since the tornado hit right after we got home...

Junior M
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
here are a few more pics........

bobcat_ron
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
What kind of metal are those panels for the pool made of? Galvanized steel perhaps?

Junior M
07-30-2008, 12:31 PM
What kind of metal are those panels for the pool made of? Galvanized steel perhaps?
umm um um um um i am not sure..... i will call my dad at lunch and find out.... i want to say aluminum but i know that isnt right...... but i know they are heavy!!!!

qps
07-30-2008, 06:30 PM

you read my mind:laugh:

Junior M
07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
ron you were right for once!!!! contact somebody important so this can be put in a history book!!!! hahahaahahahaha

bobcat_ron
07-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Well I was thinking the earlier pools we had here that were built like that were made from aluminum, but nowadays, those panels would be gone as soon as the installer turned his back.

JosephLawnCare
07-31-2008, 01:14 PM
What kind of pools are those?? Is that something you do or do you just backfill them? The pool at your house is freaking awesome!!:clapping:

Junior M
07-31-2008, 01:56 PM
What kind of pools are those?? Is that something you do or do you just backfill them? The pool at your house is freaking awesome!!:clapping:
we are trying to get away from the contractor and build pools on our own... but we backfill and wire the pool for the contractor.. but from the stage you see in the last batch of pictures there is only four steps left depending on what type of edge it is.. the last pool is a cantilever which means the concrete runs straight to the edge of the pool wall.. so on this cantilever edge pool there are three steps left

1-pour the concrete
2-vermiculite the bottom of the pool (vermiculite is a very pourus mortar mix with styrofoam balls in it)
3-then set the liner with the vacuum on to keep liner tight
4-add water

my pool has a coping edge

coping is the white metal you see around the top of the pool wall...

now if that pool was a coping edge you could go about finishing it anyway. but the way we usually finish in this order (i am goin to start right after the pool walls are set)

1-backfill pool and grade for concrete
2-install coping
3-vermiculite bottom
4-install liner with vacuum to keep it tight
5-fill with water
6-pour concrete

but there are so many ways to finish a coping pool it just all depends on when you can get people there and weather and all the other variables that affect construction

Nel-Martin
07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
what good would it do in the bottom of the pool ron ????? not worth much down there

ksss
07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
what good would it do in the bottom of the pool ron ????? not worth much down there

If I know Ron his comment (as well as mine) would be "their not much good above ground either".

bobcat_ron
07-31-2008, 08:15 PM
If I know Ron his comment (as well as mine) would be "their not much good above ground either".

Yup, that's more like it! http://deephousepage.com/smilies/yllol.gif

Junior M
07-31-2008, 08:45 PM
there better than a shovel!!!! thats all i got to say about them!

Nel-Martin
08-01-2008, 11:57 AM
there better than a shovel!!!! thats all i got to say about them!

that's for darn sure !! i like the T190 really good , was in an asv for a day a week ago , an i didn't like it the best i even through it on it's side :dizzy: (first time it happened to me )

Junior M
08-01-2008, 02:37 PM
my two favorite mtl's are the case 420ct and the t190.. and for brute force and pushing power compared to the case the 190 is a beast!! but the 420 has hand controls and is alot more comfortable!! there are goin to be pro's and con's of any machine no matter what color, model, year, it doesnt matter..

Nel-Martin
08-01-2008, 02:59 PM
the T190 is one of my favorite's as well , but prefer the T300 or T320 with the joystick control's ,they got an awesome pushing force. the hand control's in a case i don't get along with them i mean i can run it but when it come's to moving dirt i would rather have the bobcat with joystick's:cool2:

Junior M
08-01-2008, 03:35 PM
it took me a little bit to get used to the controls but i havent ran any other joy stick pattern so it is really just something to get used to.. but i am really having problems getting used to running trackhoe controls.. i usually run the backhoe pattern but i want to totally switch over to the trackhoe pattern since there is alot more employment oppurtunities.. well not now but in a good economy there usually is..

Nel-Martin
08-01-2008, 05:40 PM
there are two kind's of trackhoe control's there called cat control's and deere control's . not much of a difference , just two function's switched around the boom an dipper boom , why they have that i don't know , but it's confusing goin from one to another:confused:

Junior M
08-01-2008, 09:21 PM
this is what i have been told about the control differences..

asian brands like hydunai, komatsu, were coming out with the trackhoes at the same time we were converting our four stick backhoes to two sticks and we just did it that way.. but the trackhoe controls created by asian companies are suppose to be easier on the wrists with a less risk to cause carple tunnel...

NateV
08-01-2008, 09:42 PM
I always thougth they have 2 different control patters was because it had something to do with some kind of patent. For ex: say Case first came out with the excavator and used deere controls, then Cat wanted to make and excavator too they had to come up with something different so they switched the controls around. Atleast thats what someone told me once, i dont know if he was bs'ing be or not but it sounds believable to me.

Junior M
08-02-2008, 12:53 AM
the guy that told me that bs's a lot!! he is really smart and all but he messes around alot and doesnt always tell you the truth so i am not completely sure with my info.