PDA

View Full Version : How's our Texans doing?

Mike Leary
07-23-2008, 02:58 PM
See the hurricane has hit your coast, any problems?

irrig8r
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I was wondering that myself... does a hurricane on the coast mean lots of rain in Dallas or not?

Well there's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Well there's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
And I've been tryin' to call my baby
Lord and I can't get a single sound...

bcg
07-23-2008, 05:05 PM
No, a hurricane in S Tx doesn't mean much for the more populate areas of the state. Corpus is getting a bunch of rain but you guys have to remember, Tx is as big as 3 or 4 of your dinky little states... :p

Seriously, though, I'm in Houston and we're getting some rain but not enough for me to have the mowing crews stop working. Where it's gone in at is mostly agricultural and ranch land.

poolboy
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Weather Man was lying to me last night. I worked all day on the North side of Houston, barely any rain at all.

No Rush
07-23-2008, 09:16 PM
i'm in the Corpus area and it is pouring down, been raining very hard off and on all day and very windy....

LawnMastersTx
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
I am up in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area and seen nothing so far. They say we have a 30% chance of rain for Thursday and Friday, but who knows around here with the weather. Its summer time, only thing that you know will happen is it will hit 100 or close to it every day for the next month.

EagleLandscape
07-23-2008, 10:05 PM
100 here, no rain till next week for us.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Must be a wussy hurricane cuz I didn't hear about it. What did they name it?

No Rush
07-23-2008, 10:26 PM
ha ha ha ha......

txgrassguy
07-23-2008, 10:30 PM
A bit of a temperature break in central Texas, only 95* but the humidity is way up and it is making my joints ache. Feels like I have a team of midgets with picks chipping away on my right knee.
Supposedly a 70% chance of heavy rain tomorrow but I'll believe it when it happens.
I get more accurate forecasts from my knee and Mrs Cleo than the local weather hacks.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-23-2008, 10:46 PM
A bit of a temperature break in central Texas, only 95* but the humidity is way up and it is making my joints ache. Feels like I have a team of midgets with picks chipping away on my right knee.
Supposedly a 70% chance of heavy rain tomorrow but I'll believe it when it happens.
I get more accurate forecasts from my knee and Mrs Cleo than the local weather hacks.

I think you need a deep glass of cold water. Barton Springs isn't too far away? That will help those joints (besides looking at hot babes)

txgrassguy
07-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Not a bad idea, no Sir, not at all.
Barton Springs is in Austin, I'm forty or so miles directly west so not much of a drive.
Knowing my luck I'll throw out my neck watching the Austin babes while I'm resting my knee.
Is it me or does this sound like a bad country song?

No Rush
07-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Corpus is still getting rain and the wind is stronger than yesterday; it should all end by this afternoon/evening.

AI Inc
07-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Here in New England we are getting remnants of the hurricaine that came up the coast. Been raining since last Friday night with rain in the forecast untill at least next Monday.

dlee1996
07-24-2008, 07:05 PM
No rain here in south fort worth.

Armadillolawncare
07-25-2008, 02:23 AM
I'm between San Antonio and Austin and got rained on all day Thursday. San Antonio had a tornado touch down and we were under tornado warnings all day.