PDA

View Full Version : Trenches left behind by an Irrigation Company

1simple
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
I had mine installed recently by an irrigation company and some of the trenches are level and some are not. Will the ones that are a valley, will they fill up over time or they will never change and will have to fill it in myself with dirt? Any suggestions on what kind if so? It makes it a bump job when mowing the lawn...

Curtis

punt66
07-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I had mine installed recently by an irrigation company and some of the trenches are level and some are not. Will the ones that are a valley, will they fill up over time or they will never change and will have to fill it in myself with dirt? Any suggestions on what kind if so? It makes it a bump job when mowing the lawn...

Curtis

Call them to come fix it. They topsoil and seed up here.

Mike Leary
07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Our contract states,"water-backfill trenches, add topsoil, tamp, seed, mulch, run
germination cycles."

bcg
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Yes, do call them. Settling won't even out over time so it'll need more fill.

Waterit
07-23-2008, 08:20 PM
On our new-construction jobs we backfill and tamp but don't get real fussy, knowing that a landscaper is coming in right behind us.

On existing landscapes, we try to make it look like we were never there, tamping and rolling, leaving trenches slightly windrowed (raised for you city-folk). We don't seed or sod trenchline, stuff grows so fast here that scars are usually grown over in 2-3 months.

irritation
07-23-2008, 08:34 PM
They should have used a vibratory plow with class 200 PVC.:)

jimmyburg
07-23-2008, 08:34 PM
you could ask them to come back but if was not in the contract, then your out of luck. just water pack the trench and what ever left scrape and fill in another area.

AI Inc
07-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Water is not an approved compaction meathod, but damn , it does work real good.

Mike Leary
07-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Water is not an approved compaction meathod, but damn , it does work real good.

When your punching through a existing lawn, water backfill means in a
couple of weeks, you don't notice we've even been there. :)