PDA

View Full Version : New Hydraulic hose coupler

bobcat_ron
07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
I found this really neat, I hate hooking up those large coupler faces on the larger hoses on the excavators, what a pain in the ass and you practically need 2 people!

http://www.constructionequipment.com/index.asp?layout=nocclamp&articleid=CA6580972

:cool2:

CAT powered
07-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I'd like to see couplers like that for skids and loaders. It always takes two people or breaking the couplers to relieve pressure for me to get the couplers on my skid auxiliaries or my loader auxiliaries.

Lazer_Z
07-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Ron, Check out what Liebherr has to offer. No more leaving the comforts of the cab.
http://www.liebherr.com/lh/en/5021_54202.asp

bobcat_ron
07-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Ron, Check out what Liebherr has to offer. No more leaving the comforts of the cab.
http://www.liebherr.com/lh/en/5021_54202.asp

I saw that a few months ago, now if those Germans could put that on a skid steer, that would be sweet.

I too would like to see a smaller version, there is nothing worse than having to crack the lines on a hot sunny day to relieve pressure.

Scag48
07-24-2008, 01:26 AM
My buddy has a similar setup on his Yanmar Vio55. He bought it new last year and they showed him these style couplers, so he bought them for his hoepack. His thumb is hard plumbed, just flip a diverter valve mounted on the stick of the machine, but it was really slick when you'd have to throw the hoepack on 5-6 times a day. His don't look like that, don't think it's the same company, but it's the same concept, you thread the couplers on. They are incredibly time saving and I wish they were standard equipment on all new excavators, skid steers, or any machine that is constantly changing aux. hydraulic attachments multiple times a day.

stuvecorp
07-24-2008, 02:37 AM
Trying to hook up couplers for me is never fun, one will go and the other won't or my crescent wrenches got removed from the truck so they can't be cracked. It just never goes good. Would like to see something like this catch on, if it wasn't a fortune.

ksss
07-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Trying to hook up couplers for me is never fun, one will go and the other won't or my crescent wrenches got removed from the truck so they can't be cracked. It just never goes good. Would like to see something like this catch on, if it wasn't a fortune.

Stevecorp,
If you can get one on, then activate the aux. hyd with your foot back and forth and it will relieve the pressure and the other will go on. Also before you unhook the hyd. shut the machine off activate the aux. back and forth to relieve the pressure and you wont have that issue when you go to hook back up. The 400 series machines are different because of the electric aux. activation. These machines you shut the machine off, turn the key to on but don't start, have the lap bar down, release the park brake if it is on and activate the aux. control switch back and forth.

Following the above very seldom do I have to break open a fitting. Usually only when one of my high priced help fails to clear a line before disconnecting.

Scag48
07-24-2008, 03:28 AM
Doing what Kaiser says does work if you're changing during the day within a coupl hours of the last time you did it. However, I've noticed that if it's hot out (80+), you don't get all that fluid out of there and it still accumulates pressure in the attachment lines.

ksss
07-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Doing what Kaiser says does work if you're changing during the day within a coupl hours of the last time you did it. However, I've noticed that if it's hot out (80+), you don't get all that fluid out of there and it still accumulates pressure in the attachment lines.

That must be a CAT thing, I have never noticed a difference. Once you have been running an attachment for a while they get way hotter than the ambient air anyway. It works like champ. I have not had to crack a line in a long time and we change attachments a lot.

stuvecorp
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
I always turn off the machine and work the hyd. petal and then hook the couplers together but every machine NH, Case has been a pain for me.