PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge

forrpets
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Please give a ballpark amount to charge for below scenario:
Using:
Zero Turn rider, Stihl weedeater, Stihl blower.
1) Took 1.5 hours with 2 people to mow, weedeat lawn and blow clippings. We are both are fairly quick.
2) Also, how much to charge for raking, either me by myself as the owner or if an employee is doing it. Just simple raking or similar labor.
3) Other labor like fence building, not including materials.

I live in a small Colorado town and just want to be fair for both. I hear many say to charge at least a dollar per minute. Does that mean for me and equipment, does that mean i should charge 1/minute for employee also? Any info is appreciated.
thanks

C&K
07-23-2008, 06:10 PM
There is no set rate. Figure in all your overhead or expenses. Equipment depreciation, fuel, insurance, labor costs ( $10.00 per man. This is what we pay an employee) and anything else that costs you money to perform a job. After that, I would add about 10% for cost of drive time and fuel to get to the job. Then take that number and add whatever you require as owner. My number per working man hour is $23.70. So all things considered, 1.5 hrs x 2 = 3.0 hrs x $23.70 = $71.10. Add your wages (profit) and this should be a fair price. I would charge about $95.00 for that job. I know some people will say "that's not enough or too high" but for my area, it is in the ballpark.

ALC-GregH
07-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Are you a actual business or someone trying to figure how to charge for a "side job"??? You should already know what your hourly rate is if your a LCO. That would cover fence work, yard work and other manual labor type work. I can't price something in a different area, I don't have a clue what the market will bring on the left side.

forrpets
08-12-2008, 12:04 AM
I charge $25.00 for manual labor (not using power tools, lawn machines, etc..
$50/hr when using push lawn mowers, trimmers, blowers, zero turn rider, etc..
So at 1.5 hours with 2 people, (1 employee and myself), 3 hours total 98% of time using gas powered equipment. I charged $145.00.
When doing fence work, raking, etc.. My employee and myself usually get the job done in half the time it takes most others to do it. We are effecient, dont stop for smoke breaks, work out good sweats, basically good old fashioned really hard workers. So say 2 hours of raking with employee and myself + 4 hours, would cost the client $100.00. But like I said it would take most people 6 - 8 hours to finish it. I just dont want to charge too much but on the other hand, I could be making more money on my zero turn or my Kubota tractor.

forrpets
08-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Also, I am bonded and insured, extremely reliable, efficient, etc..

Runner
08-12-2008, 07:39 AM
25 per hour for manual labor is part of a recipe to go broke.

jimithing31
08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
25 per hour for manual labor is part of a recipe to go broke.

Which were you live MOST are!!!! I am from Flint and family still lives there. Theres a TON of undercutters there.

NickWilson
08-13-2008, 07:38 PM
In my case it would be $27.50 per man hour. I guess that is why we are "The Affordable Ones".

von hill
08-13-2008, 08:38 PM
here in jax-ville, fl. the market is a little higher than in other places . so to make things simple i can up with this equation. width x lengtH = .x's that # by per thousand ,give you a monthly amount. if there a lot of hedges work ,up charge that amount by 12-15%

ex. w 250ft x l 300ft =75000sf

75x12 dollars=900 per month

also , for me . i charge $50 per man hours

hope this works for you