PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Strips

getoffmylawn
07-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey everyone just wanted to show my strips off and ask what you guys thought. I dont think they are to bad for the lawn mowing equipment and the homemade stripper and not to mention draggin the stupid hose around the yard everywhere to water. Someday I'll be able to hang with you big boys! Not to mention I have noticed a major weed issue on my hands, if anyone can help with that I would appreciate it. I posted a thread in the Pesticide, Herbicide & Fertilizer Application forum: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=239868

Thanks

MJS
07-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Really that's pretty good for a 21", and your grass looks very thick and healthy.

Two things though:
1) Your sidewalks/driveway would look way better if you edged them, and
2) Sorry, it's not all your fault but I wanna know what is with everybody posting "strip" instead of "stripe" or "stripping" instead of "striping"? lol

Mike29
07-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Let me know what the striping kit is made out of. I have been looking for 21' or 22' mowers with striping kits.

MJS
07-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Let me know what the striping kit is made out of. I have been looking for 21' or 22' mowers with striping kits.

Pretty sure just from glancing that the striping kit he used is a Checkmate striper from Big League Lawns. . .

I may be wrong, but here's the link http://www.bigleaguelawns.com/index.htm

getoffmylawn
07-23-2008, 06:06 PM
The roller is homemade from:

Boat Rollers found at Fleet Farm

All the rest is from Lowe's
A piece of glavaniced pipe
4 metal brackets
few bolts, nuts, and washers
a long threaded rod

The rod and pipe had to be cut to fit but other than that it went together pretty nicely.

MJS
07-23-2008, 06:24 PM
I stand corrected by someone more creative than I. :laugh:

greenred
07-23-2008, 07:02 PM
looks really good

deere615
07-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Wow that really does the job, it looks amazing!

The Rookie
07-23-2008, 11:16 PM
I think you already have what it takes to mow with the big boys. That is impressive. :weightlifter:

Green Team Landscaping
07-23-2008, 11:52 PM
To be 100% i wasnt expecting very much, but thats REALLY immpressive. Nice lawn too. I wish I could keep mine looking that green. BTW is it possible to make that type of kit for a bigger mower like a 52"?

DLAWNS
07-24-2008, 11:27 AM
The stripes look great and the grass is thick and dark green. Great job!

getoffmylawn
07-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey thanks for all the comments guys! I spend a lot of time working on the yard and would love to have a lawn mowing business but just dont have the money at the time to fork over and to start one espesically being there is so many around the area, but if there is any around the Perham, MN area that could use another guy I'd be willing to pull a second job and do some mowing. As for the 52" I'm sure you could build one using the same parts as I did just not sure how it would handle behind the mower for durability but I dont see why it wouldnt work. All you would need is a lil longer rod and pipe and a few more rollers to make it that width.

Lawn Enforcer
07-24-2008, 03:54 PM
The roller is homemade from:

Boat Rollers found at Fleet Farm

All the rest is from Lowe's
A piece of glavaniced pipe
4 metal brackets
few bolts, nuts, and washers
a long threaded rod

The rod and pipe had to be cut to fit but other than that it went together pretty nicely.

hey.............nice work. Looks hot man! I tried making a striping kit with just a piece of truck mud flap, but I think I'm going to try the rollers instead.

02DURAMAX
08-08-2008, 01:27 AM
That looks Good!