PDA

View Full Version : Mower Question; to sell, or not?

RyanCanMow
01-17-2002, 12:03 AM
I run a mainly residential maintenance service. I have a 2001 48" Exmark ZTR, a 2000 36" WB, and a 1998 48" Exmark ZTR. I thought about selling the older Lazer, has 670 hrs, mint condition. I would like to purchase a new 60 Lazer. The bigger mower would help on 25% of the properties right now, but I am looking on expanding in the future.

1. If I could get $3800 for my old Lazer, would it be worth it?

2. Or, If i could sell my new Lazer-150 hrs. for around $6000, would it be worth it?

3. I have been quoted: 2002 Exmark Lazer 60" 25hp Kohler, w/canister and deck lift for $8239 inclulding tax.

The reason I'm asking, a buddy of mine would like a used 48 Lazer, and I would love to get rid of only one and get the bigger cut in order to speed things up. However, most of my clients' properties don't require a 60". Let me have some feedback, Thanks!!
Ryan

RyanCanMow
01-17-2002, 12:59 AM
Any help? I just wondered if my prices for the mowers are reasonable, and if the 60 is much better!!!

65hoss
01-17-2002, 01:33 AM
I think it would be hard to get 6k for that mower. Its hard to say not knowing your properties, but I'm not sure I would do it if it would only help on 25%. Only you can know for sure. Analize your situation and see if you can justify with reality your need for spending the $$ and making the change.

Reverend
01-17-2002, 01:45 AM
Ryan can mow

If you plan on expanding in the future the older lazer will become much more of an asset than the $3800, I say park it until you need it and buy the new lazer. When you decide to expand one mower will be paid for, reducing your overhead during company expansion.

Blue Grass Complete Lawn Care

strickdad
01-17-2002, 03:52 AM
in my opinion (which is not gonna be the popular one here) i would keep the 48" the 36" and get rid of the 60" we have throughout the years figured out that we dont want anything bigger than a 48".the reason is this we can put a 48"virtually anywhere (well almost) and a 52"or 60" is limited to were we can put it . the increased production on a 60" is lost when one has to push or weed eat small areas that are inaccesable to a large deck mower. (how often does this happen to you?? alot i bet.)another reason is this i can buy two 48" z mowers for the same price that most can buy 1 lazer hp 60" for ... this means i can do something with the 48s that the 60 cant .. i can put them on two different job sites at the same time...