PDA

View Full Version : ::::NEW THREAD:::: My experience with a PRO-C module details at 10pm

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-23-2008, 11:42 PM
I experienced a PRO-C today and have grown because of it. Let me tell you what I learned.

Did you know that PRO Sees have modules?

Did you know that they started gray?

Did you know that later they became black?

Did you know that HUNTER yanked all the gray ones and sent confusing messages out to supply houses?

Did you know that Hunter wants you to yank all gray module timers and replace them with black module timers?

Isn't the Pro I see Hunter's high end resi timer?

I wasted two friggin hours today on a stupid gray module that everybody (except A-1) told me could not be replaced by a black module according to Hunter.

This timer is so getting replaced by a SMARTLINE the first chance it gives me. Why do the minutes jump by a big number in the beginning forcing you to back them down when programming it?

BSME
07-23-2008, 11:48 PM
noob... everyone new all that

EagleLandscape
07-24-2008, 12:08 AM
at least he can spell:)

Wet_Boots
07-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Ess Arr Cee

BSME
07-24-2008, 01:01 AM
sonofa.....

Kiril
07-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Why do the minutes jump by a big number in the beginning forcing you to back them down when programming it?

Yea, that bugs the chit out of me as well. I got some gray modules if you need them.

irrig8r
07-24-2008, 03:02 AM
I experienced a PRO-C today and have grown because of it. Let me tell you what I learned....

......Why do the minutes jump by a big number in the beginning forcing you to back them down when programming it?

Yeah, I thought it was weird the first time I ran into it, but I thought it had something to do with the seasonal adjust being used... anyway, I'm used to it now.

BTW, ALL the gray modules are supposed to be replaced? Going back to when I first started installing these? Is there a service bulletin?

No mention of it here.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/Support/Installation_Adjustment/Owner_Manual/Controllers/ProC/ProC_InstructionsFrame.html

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-24-2008, 06:50 AM
I was no aware of it....

thanks for the heads up..

AI Inc
07-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Its actualy a realy nice controller once you get used to it. They grey / black pissed me off at first. When they first changed I took a handfull of greays and warrntied the in date ones . Threw the rest in the trash at the supply house and told them to tell Hunter to kiss my as.. . Then I cam to my senses, walked back in took them out of the trash can and saved em for add ons on systems with grey.

londonrain
07-24-2008, 07:24 AM
You will see a big jump in the station run times only if the seasonal adjust has been used or adjusted.....

AI Inc
07-24-2008, 07:45 AM
You will see a big jump in the station run times only if the seasonal adjust has been used or adjusted.....

Very true, At first I was at a loss about what they were talking about. I think Hunter intentinaly put that there so when you see it happen you will look at the seasonal adjust.Another hidden feature.

irrigation man
07-24-2008, 12:10 PM
u can put a black module into any pro c old or new but u cant put the gray into the new ones there were all kinds of info on this when it took place and the supply house switched out gray for black at no charge around here

sprinklerchris
07-24-2008, 06:32 PM
IMO, Hunter did not communicate the module changeover well to our local distributor. They kept shipping the wrong module for the wrong style clock.

I do plan to return 100% of my gray modules for warranty as the new black ones are compatible with the old clock too.

Without A Drought
07-24-2008, 10:23 PM
as Irrigation man said, all blacks work in any timer, gray's won't work in anything later than the '06 clocks. i asked my rep about it and he said it was design improvements. but i think it was rather coincidental that Irrigation Direct came out that same year.

i have probably over a thousand Pro-C, ICC, and SRC's in use and i have had very little problems with them over all. by and large my favorite series of controller.

pg

Mike Leary
07-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Glad I was too busy finding a valve to get into this thread. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: