PDA

View Full Version : My New Walker, with Picts

Jason'sLawnCare
07-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Hey Chestnut,

I'm on my way to being like you. Incase you haven't figured it out I look up to you and your work. I hope to someday have a business like yours. Any ways here are some pictures of my new Walker. I got it two days ago. It's an MC with a 42in GHS deck. Thanks for looking.

P.S.

That's not my working clothes

KrayzKajun
07-24-2008, 01:19 PM
looks good!

DoetschOutdoor
07-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Nice mower, Im sure you will be happy with it like most Walker owners. With the controls on those mowers, do you guys use 1 hand or what? Every pic I ever see of Walkers, the operator has only one hand on the controls which seems like it would be akward.

Jason'sLawnCare
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes you're supposed to use your left hand on the steering levers and your right hand on the foward speed control, just as pictured. You can go to the walker site and get a better idea. Walkermowers.com

Thanks for the replys guys

Supper Grassy
07-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Nice Walker, looks clean

KS_Grasscutter
07-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Nice! What did you have to give for it?

Jason'sLawnCare
07-24-2008, 02:38 PM
$9400 with tax and a couple other things, blades, oil, oil filter etc.

zim bob the landscaper
07-24-2008, 02:56 PM
nice walker give it a couple days it wont be so clean anymore. haha

KCfireman
07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::cool2: Very nice mower! How old are you?

Jason'sLawnCare
07-24-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm 15. That's me on the mower.

DLAWNS
07-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Man I'm jealous, lol. I want one so bad. I'm almost to the point where I can add another mower to the arsenal. It should be either this fall or at the worst next spring. Anyway, good luck with the Walker, they are great machines.

Lawn Enforcer
07-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm 15. That's me on the mower.

Hey, feel proud of yourself for being able to purchase a Walker at such a young age. I'm 17 and it is a good feeling to purchase new equipment with your own hard earned money. Build your business up, make smart decisions and think them through. Keep it up and NEVER listen to anyone who says your "too young for a business" I had many people say that to me, and it's just great to see those same people everyday watching me as I drive by with all my equipment. (search through my threads to see my stuff) Good luck with your business and feel free to PM me anytime you have a question or just want to chat. Welcome to Lawnsite.com!

SNAPPER MAN
07-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Thats great. I'm 15 also and it is awsome to know that you paid for you own equipment and it wasnt a handout from mom and dad. That is a very nice mower. Congratulations!!

lawn crafters
07-24-2008, 09:38 PM
how many yards do you cut and what sive are they? also what do you get average price?

Chestnut Oaks Prez
07-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey Chestnut,

I'm on my way to being like you. Incase you haven't figured it out I look up to you and your work. I hope to someday have a business like yours. Any ways here are some pictures of my new Walker. I got it two days ago. It's an MC with a 42in GHS deck. Thanks for looking.

P.S.

That's not my working clothes

That thing is SWEET! You want ever cut with anything else after that. What did you use to cut with before? Also, With you starting at 15 yrs you will blow Chestnut Oaks out of the water. Just be a perfectionist, you now have the equipment for it.:)
Good Luck Youngster!

RhettMan
07-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Nice mower

Jason'sLawnCare
07-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Man I'm jealous, lol. I want one so bad. I'm almost to the point where I can add another mower to the arsenal. It should be either this fall or at the worst next spring. Anyway, good luck with the Walker, they are great machines.

I know how you feel. I was and still am of all the people who have them. If you get it this fall then you could use it for leaves being that you're in NJ. Thanks for the luck

Chestnut
I used to cut with a John Deere GS 30 with a mulch kit. Did and does well for what it is. It was a smart investment at the time, I bought it used in good condition for $1200.BTW I started when I was twelve. Thanks for the advice, I try to be a perfectionist and I hope my customers notice.

Lawn Crafters
I used to cut now manicure jk, about 35 accounts a week. Most of them are about an eighth to about a quarter acre. I charge on average any where from $25 to $40 a cut.

It is a good feeling knowing you worked for your equipment. Thanks Snapper Man and Lawn Enforcer. I've never been told I'm too young. I actually get a postive reaction from other LCO's. Man in this business it seems everybody is so nice.

Lawn Enforcer
07-24-2008, 10:59 PM
It is a good feeling knowing you worked for your equipment. Thanks Snapper Man and Lawn Enforcer. I've never been told I'm too young. I actually get a postive reaction from other LCO's. Man in this business it seems everybody is so nice.[/QUOTE]

Some LCO's in your must be nice, most of them in my area are too, except for one guy, he's a total dick. Some guys on this site can be real jerks too, but you just have to ignore them. I know about 5 other LCO's within 20 miles of my shop that I talk to all the time, and we all hate the same guy. It's good to have friends in the biz that could help out if you ever get in a bind or have some emergency to attend to.

SNAPPER MAN
07-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Jason, I agree. It seems that me any my guys know every other crew and are always waving and talking. Its good that we dont fight like competitors do in other industries.

Jason'sLawnCare
07-24-2008, 11:05 PM
It's funny some times it's the exact opposite of other industries and they offer to give me refferals. I wave to everybody especially other lawn guys. I love the respect everybody has for eachother in this industry.

Lawn Enforcer

Unfortunatly there will always be some.

lawn crafters
07-24-2008, 11:07 PM
jason are you solo or do you have a helper?

Lawn Enforcer
07-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Lawn Enforcer

Unfortunatly there will always be some.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know if the LCO that everybody hates in my area is from Minnesota, he obviously doesn't have any "Minnesota Nice" in him.

Jason'sLawnCare
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
jason are you solo or do you have a helper?

I was solo at one time then I got too many lawns and wanted to expand so I now work with my dad. I pay him and all. It's my business and I have to make all purhcases. I really enjoy working with him, it's good father son time.

deere615
07-25-2008, 02:03 AM
wow sweet mower, keep up the good work!

02DURAMAX
07-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Very Nice Mower!!!!

Lawn Enforcer
07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
I was solo at one time then I got too many lawns and wanted to expand so I now work with my dad. I pay him and all. It's my business and I have to make all purhcases. I really enjoy working with him, it's good father son time.

I know what you are saying. My biz is a father-son partnership. We have such a good time working together.

Blueribbonlawns
07-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Nice mower good luck with it

Jason'sLawnCare
07-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks blue.

I read in one of your post that you've had a few little problems with your MC. Would you care to share. I just want to know what I should try to prevent.

Blueribbonlawns
07-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Ill PM you

shade tree landscaping
07-25-2008, 08:24 PM
If you bag alot with the walker, I highly recomend the "bins" from Walker that are custom fit for the hopper. Since I bought them I have saved a ton of time and stress on the back!

Blueribbonlawns
07-25-2008, 08:27 PM
they dont make them for the 6.7 hopper i wish they did

KS_Grasscutter
07-25-2008, 08:31 PM
they dont make them for the 6.7 hopper i wish they did

His has the 9.5 hopper.

Jason'sLawnCare
07-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Blue he's right I have the 9.5. but that's ok I wouldn't use them because the city picks up my grass. I just put it in a bag and leave it for the city. but thanks for the suggestion. If I were to put it in the back of a pick up then I would definatly do that.

lifetree
07-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Congratulations, that's a very nice machine ... you're very lucky to have something like that at your age !!

Jason'sLawnCare
07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Thank you. I consider my self lucky to own it.

JosephLawnCare
07-25-2008, 11:05 PM
thats a sweet mower. your a good kid with a good work eithic, I can tell. My 2 cents are....don't low ball cause you got a new mower to pay for now!!:laugh:

Jason'sLawnCare
07-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the advice. Did you read the post of mine about how many customers and what I charge? If you did, how do you think I'm charging, not enough, enough, or too much. I know you don't know for my area but tell me about your area. Thanks Joseph.

STIHL GUY
07-26-2008, 01:51 AM
nice mower