PDA

View Full Version : I think James has been Moonlighting in Nashville

Eden Lights
07-24-2008, 03:16 PM
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anyone else doing lighting in the 70-80's Era?

NightScenes
07-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Still working?

irrig8r
07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Someone covered up the photocells..

JoeyD
07-24-2008, 04:53 PM
those things are museum pieces!!! We love when we get back old transformers...we re furbish them and save them!

Eden Lights
07-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Still working?

Yes they are working, we have been baby sitting this equipment for three years and we are getting ready to upgrade everything. About a dozen of these babies around the property.

Lite4
07-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Wow, that's all I can say.

klkanders
07-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Yes they are working, we have been baby sitting this equipment for three years and we are getting ready to upgrade everything. About a dozen of these babies around the property.

Nice tape job! It's holding up well. :laugh:

Keith

Eden Lights
07-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Some of the Transformer photocells are covered up with the fabric style electrical tape, how long has it been since you have seen that?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-25-2008, 01:54 AM
The Key thing here is that those transformers are still working... after ALL that time!

I think that is remarkable don't you? I would send that photo off to Connie Barnes at Nightscaping... they might appreciate it. Who knows, they might offer you a 'trade in incentive' or something to modernize them all to H3O Powercenters.

Have a great day.

irrig8r
07-25-2008, 11:39 AM
The biggest enemy to those old painted steel transformers was moisture. I tried to pull one off an outside wall about a year and a half ago and the case crumbled in my hands.

Homeowner reported that there was kind of a bang and a tripped breaker while they were playing cards one night.

I've seen others that rusted through in the field too. However, I've also encountered some even older than those in near pristine condition, still working, in a shed.

NightScenes
07-25-2008, 11:50 AM
These units do look like their protected under a deck or something. That may be one of Gary Mitchell"s old jobs since he's in Kentucky.

Eden Lights
07-25-2008, 04:22 PM
I try not to get to close to the ones out in the landscape since they are so corroded.

Pro-Scapes
08-23-2008, 05:00 PM
How did I miss this ? I pulled 6 of these off a job here. Not a one was working still. The fuse sockets were rusted bad but then again they did go thru katrina. I think I still have em out in the shop.

David Gretzmier
08-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Although i may diss nightscaping trans from time to time, it's always good to find them working. they were making trans when I was in diapers...:laugh:

Tomwilllight
08-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Complete renovation on the CT coast and I had specified Unique. The electricians pulled the Nightscaping tranies out and tossed them into the dumpster before mounting the Unique.

That evening, I pulled them out, took them home and replaced the fuses. I've been using them for mock-up transformers ever since.

Tom