PDA

View Full Version : Oh, you are going to love this!

Lite4
07-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Saw this driving by.

The Lighting Geek
07-24-2008, 11:59 PM
that obviously was professionally installed. :P

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Tim, you have inspired me! I am going to start taking a camera with me in the truck...

Just tonight on the way home I passed this unbelievable scene. I thought for sure someone was summoning the aliens... There had to be at least 70 solar orange LED pagoda path lights installed in a couple of rows on this one property. Whoever did it must have been a surveyor and used a transit or laser guided sight because they were incredibly straight. Ugly, but straight.

:)

poiuy qwerty
07-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Who in the hell would ....... why would anyone......... WOW!

JoeyD
07-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Pedro's Landscaping........errrrrrr.....I mean Pete!

TforTexas
07-25-2008, 09:45 AM
The good news is from the looks of that crack developing in the mortar I dont think that abomination will stand for long.

MJS
07-25-2008, 10:42 AM
ahahahahaha - I'm going to build one of those in my backyard! lol

Lite4
07-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Ahhhh, Abomination. I like that word best to describe what this is. or maybe Abortion! :laugh:

Mike M
07-25-2008, 05:44 PM
They only need to stack five six more inches.

klkanders
07-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Cmon, look at the bright side (pardon the pun), the creator is a genius its closer to the sun! :laugh:

Lite4
07-26-2008, 12:53 AM
It may be 4' closer to the sun, but it is still under that sumac branch.

capelawncare.com
07-26-2008, 08:31 AM
it looks like a turd pile with a light on it

Mike M
07-26-2008, 05:54 PM
The sumac-as-a-specimen-tree is equally ridiculous and kind of balances the scene.

Lite4
07-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Actually I think the tree(weed) is a result of a root runner or a bird taking a seed dump right about there.

Lite4
07-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Someone needs to start a thread. "The most ridiculous looking lighting"

cgaengineer
07-27-2008, 10:14 AM
I saw a house last night (I took a picture but not sure how it turned out) this fellow had solars (Orange) up both sides of driveway and then had blue ones around his entire property. This subdivision is pretty high end abut I would say 98% of the people with lighting were all solar, the other 2% were either not illuminated or had one or 2 tree lights in low voltage. It looked like one person got some solars on sale at Home Depot and the neighbors had to keep up with the Jones's. Another disturbing thing about this neighborhood was how the entrance was illuminated. The entrance was illuminated along with about 300-400 feet of the road leading in...all with mecury vapor lighting (120v) which looked really tacky and really bad.

The guy with all the solars beat everything I had ever seen in lighting.

On the flipside I drove through another neighborhood that nearly all of the houses were illuminated with low voltage, those with solars really stuck out like a sore thumb. I saw a mix of higher end stuff and some lower end stuff (Malibu) but most looked pretty decent. All of these lights were seen in a neighboring county which appears to be an untapped market for low voltage lighting. I think a man could make a living around here doing lighting, I plan to offer lighting at some time and will concentrate on this area, but until I am more familiar with how it works I will continue to use my house and my family's house as my guinea pigs

Lite4
07-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I talked to a guy yesterday who was trying to argue with me that solar lights are every bit as good as the lights we install. :dizzy: Cookoo-Cookoo

How have these homeowners become so duped by these box store falicies? Can't they use their own eyes. I guess some just don't care. :cry:

cgaengineer
07-27-2008, 10:48 AM
I talked to a guy yesterday who was trying to argue with me that solar lights are every bit as good as the lights we install. :dizzy: Cookoo-Cookoo

How have these homeowners become so duped by these box store falicies? Can't they use their own eyes. I guess some just don't care. :cry:

I could see someone arguing over 12 volt Malibu vs 12v (name your brand), but you cannot compare a single LED that operates off of 2 "AA" batteries to a 12v light period. I am by no means saying a Malibu is as good as another brand. I dont think that they have been duped, they just have not seen a professional install using professional fixtures.

Its the same in the lawn business, anyone with a ZTR from Lowes or Home Depot is ready to start a lawn care business. Hey they are the same shape, and operate in a similar fashion so they must be as good as a commercial Toro? Why would anyone spend $9000-$12,000 on a mower when you can get the same thing at the big box for $2500?

klkanders
07-27-2008, 12:53 PM
They just don't know any better! :) They have not been educated yet. It's funny that alot of these people have marble, granite, travertine tile, custom woodwork, steam showers, whirlpool tubs, fanciest fixtures, high-end appliances, garage floors you could eat from, etc... in the home but somehow lose brain cells when it comes time to design the outside of the home. Oh they got the money so they buy 10-15 boxes of lights instead of 1 or 2 (high rollers). Do they not realize more people are going to judge them by the exterior of the home and the landscaping and the yard! Nope not educated yet.
Maybe someone should slip business cards in all the boxed light sets saying " When this system fails....and it will.....please give us a call for a professionally designed lighting system! ". :)

Keith

Mike M
07-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Let all the DIY's buy all the crap they want and mark their properties with them. It helps to know who our prospects are not.

klkanders
07-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Let all the DIY's buy all the crap they want and mark their properties with them. It helps to know who our prospects are not.

But I think alot of them might be good prospects don't you? Heck if they took the time to drive to the store, buy them, and stick em in the ground they must be somewhat interested? We just have to educate them all. Divide and conquer. :)

David Gretzmier
07-27-2008, 03:06 PM
sad thing is, that looks like some nice colorado river stones.

Lite4
07-27-2008, 03:08 PM
I think they are Boise gravel pit stones.