PDA

View Full Version : Hernia surgery anyone?

Schlepie
01-17-2002, 01:34 PM
It would figure that this (hernia) would happen sooner or later with my previous work history. Lawn care has not been to physical in regards to the lifting heavy things though. Hope to have the proceedure done before season gets underway. Anyone else had one of these and had it repaired? Any advice?

HOWARD JONES
01-17-2002, 01:50 PM
Uncle had it this winter - I would advise not putting it off - will need probably a month before hard work again.

Ray&Christine
01-17-2002, 02:12 PM
About 15 years ago I was unloading something heavy out of a truck and boom! I felt something drop inside of me! I went to the doctor and he said I have a start of a hernia. He says there is a small tear and its a matter of time before I have to go in for surgery. The odd time I get a bit of discomfort but I guess the tear
gets a bit larger but the pain goes away after a few days. There is a clinic here in Toronto thatR has people from all over the world come for thier hernia operations. I believe it is called Scholdice Clinic. They don't put you right out for the operation they only give you a local and you are wide awake for the procedure. They make you walk off the table once they are finished and they only keep you over 1 night before they send you home. This is the place to go to fix a hernia.

Ray

dhicks
01-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Hernia surgery is no big deal. 6-8 weeks of resting and no heavy lifting will have you back to normal in no time. Best to tend to it now before itr become incarcerated. Then you can have big time problems.

mower
01-17-2002, 04:33 PM
I had hernia surgery when I was in the 5th grade:eek: . It was no big deal at all, i'm sure that had alot to do with my young body. I had the surgery at 6:00 am on a Tuesday morning and was home early afternoon that day. I was in pain and under alot of meds untill Thursday and after that I felt much better. Went to school the following Monday, however I couldn't be a part of gym class for 3 weeks.:mad: I was all better after that

E-man
01-17-2002, 08:13 PM
I had two at different times when I was very young> This past October my one year old son needed surgery on his birthday, of all days (poor Guy).He had it at night about 8:00 PM and the very next morning when I brought his older sister in to see him , he started running around like mad. And hasnt stopped yet.lol

Daleman
01-17-2002, 08:40 PM
Hernia Surgery is a breeze. I was sore for like 2 days, but went back to work 4 days after the surgery and was fine. Ask for the pain killer Vicadin. I swear I saw birds talking to each other when I was on that stuff mowing! Good Luck!

andyslawns
01-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Dale- It sounds like you should have not been mowing. Sounds like good chit!

BigJim
01-18-2002, 05:49 AM
Had a double hernia op a few years back,its pretty tender for a couple of weeks and dont plan on doing any heavy lifting for several months,but with a little care it wont end your mowing days.It also solved my back pain,the hernia was pinching a nerve giving me crippling back pains but now I'm 100%.Also use a lighter trimmer and the ride on to reduce the lifting I do through the day,it all helps.

Atlantic Lawn
01-18-2002, 07:46 AM
Have a buddy who had his done this winter.They make a small slice in your stomach and blow up your belly with gas.They then slide in and repair the area from the inside, placing mesh in the weakened area.In by nine out by three !