PDA

View Full Version : Our new logo, sorta.

PerfiCut L&L
07-25-2008, 08:03 AM
We had to modify our existig logo due to resolution issues for our local print shop. Since this was the case we took the opportunity to upgrade it slightly.

What do you think?
OLDDisregard the background, I grabbed this off our web page.
http://perficut.net/images/header2_01.jpg

NEW
http://perficut.net/MYPICS/newlogo.gif

All of our equipment is black, so the colors really pop out.

rt20
07-25-2008, 09:19 AM
old looked good, new looks even better. love the hardscape background and new font look more professional to me. no phone number?

KrayzKajun
07-25-2008, 11:34 AM
i really like the new one!

DVS Hardscaper
07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
The new will look GREAT on trucks and yard signs.

But.....if you do embroidered shirts that management wears....it'll cost you a boat load for the embroidery, as embroidery is usually charged by the STITCH!

You'll also have to find a screen printer that can print t-shirts in a manner where you don't have the ink sticking to your back in 90-degree weather. I believe our shirts ink is water based, and in the summer you CAN NOT even tell there is any ink on the shirts.

Green Team Landscaping
07-25-2008, 01:17 PM
How do you make a logo if you aren't really creative enough to think of one yourself? Like a real design like that, instead of just a tree, or just a leaf.

DVS Hardscaper
07-25-2008, 01:31 PM
How do you make a logo if you aren't really creative enough to think of one yourself? Like a real design like that, instead of just a tree, or just a leaf.

Thats a good question, Green Team!

I believe a logo is everything. Especially in this industry. This industry is about creativity. And you need to project an image that shows you know and understand creativity.

Many years ago, I wanted a new logo. I wanted a SIMPLE, yet PROFESSIONAL logo. So I called a local graphic artist and turned that task over to them :)

I recently went as far as to incorpororate ".com" in our logo, doing so without consuming space with all the www.XXXXXXXX.com

TTHOMAS (whom posts here) has a very, very nice logo (RWF). If we were to hold a contest and judge member's business logos, i would bet that TTHOMAS would get first place.

Green Team Landscaping
07-25-2008, 04:32 PM

I believe a logo is everything. Especially in this industry. This industry is about creativity. And you need to project an image that shows you know and understand creativity.

Many years ago, I wanted a new logo. I wanted a SIMPLE, yet PROFESSIONAL logo. So I called a local graphic artist and turned that task over to them :)

I recently went as far as to incorpororate ".com" in our logo, doing so without consuming space with all the www.XXXXXXXX.com

TTHOMAS (whom posts here) has a very, very nice logo (RWF). If we were to hold a contest and judge member's business logos, i would bet that TTHOMAS would get first place.
Alright. Thanks. I wanted a logo, but for now I'm sticking to a maple leaf. I think I have an old friend who's getting ino graphics and design. Maybe he can help.

PerfiCut L&L
07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
I designed the logo from scratch a few years back. Took bits and pieces of various things, suns, trees, swooshes, lines, all kinds of things. I have about 10 different ones I put together. We voted here on it and it ended up being what you see in my first post.

Over the recent years we've wanted to incorporate the hardscape into the logo, but didnt want to changes its overall appearance that much. Since recognition is a part of success, we want our old customers as well as the ones to be able to see we are still the same company.

So we finally came up with what you see now. The change in font enables better visibility and readability. Plus I think it looks sweet.

We already have an ambroiderer who does our polo shirts. Switching wont be difficult and the price will remain where its at. I think we pay $10 bucks per shirt.

Screen printing is a different story. Still on hunt for a good quality, but yet affordable screen printer. Going to blow it up along with a background I have.

The yard signs look awesome too.

tthomass
07-29-2008, 01:08 AM

Geeze, thanks! haha

Try the pavers on a 45.......idk, may look better.

tthomass
07-29-2008, 01:12 AM
btw, my cousin (my age) designed mine.......I don't know what she would charge but a thought if you're interested. She's in Atlanta so everything is via email and she's damn good. PM me if interested.

Mike33
07-29-2008, 11:42 PM
" We SPECIALIZE IN SMALL JOBS " I have used this in my yellow page ad for years.
Mike