PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Foreman needed

New_Business
07-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Buffalo New York. Wilson lawn care looking for an experiences foreman with 5+ years in the field. Job is to big on contracts and check on the crews and do hiring/misc work.

Company truck (chevy tahoe) included + take home.
cell phone included + laptop
benefits. dental, eye, health - fully covered
$45,000

TRBIGCREEK
07-28-2008, 05:59 PM
my email is trbigcreek@yahoo.com, I have family in Wellsville.

TR

Grass Happens
07-28-2008, 09:17 PM
What facets of lawn care? Fert and squirt? any construction?

New_Business
07-30-2008, 02:19 PM
What facets of lawn care? Fert and squirt? any construction?

You will be running 4-5 different crews on a daily basis. Job requires a lot of responsibility and dedication. Job is demanding and may also require you to help out in some areas of my mulching/top soil center. still looking thanks guys

Az Gardener
07-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't mean to bag on New Business but this is just so typical. How do you expect to get a decent applicant, let alone hire if you cant take a few minutes to list a job description for such an important position.

Is this seasonal work? Is it new landscape construction or is it lawn care or both maybe? Does it include irrigation work. What about design or is it just bidding others prints. What exactly are you bidding? Do you have a bid format to use or do you expect the applicant to have the knowledge to produce a bid on their own.

If you produce a thorough job description just once it will be good for that position for the rest of your business career. It makes you look credible, your previous posts strike me as a man with his hair on fire. I say this with respect and hope you take this as constrictive criticism. If you do and take action I promise you will have much better candidates to choose from and probably many more candidates as well. Good luck in your search.

New_Business
08-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Gardener, Thank you. I know i did not put much effort in. I have a lot of ads out and really would rather talk about this over the phone or in person.